Seed your Sensi For Better Bud

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Dr Lowtie, Nov 19, 2008.

1. #1 Dr Lowtie, Nov 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2008
    I have given this advice to one person in the beginner thread and most people hated. Feel free to critize because i dont care and i swear by this method, so do A LOT of other people. I am hoping others in the advanced area will try this and report back that i am not the only one getting great results. Here it goes(prepare to think i am stupid:))

Every female plant wants to reproduce. It is the the reason they form buds(to grow seeds, THC to catch pollen). Turn the fan off in the flower room or on a calm day, take a q tip or fine paintbrush and brush the male pollen, put it on the lowest/weakest branch on the female. I do this at the first sign of flower (first 1-2 weeks). I try to only get pollen on 1 cylax, The goal is only to produce 1 seed. You do not want to seed your whole plant so be extremly careful. Do not do this after 2 weeks(best when pistils first emerge or within 10 days of the begining of flower) or you will lose tons of THC. It must be early/asap.

The reasoning:
    If the plant pollinates at the begining of flower the plants knows a male is nearby. Because it wants to reproduce as much as possable, the buds will swell more and the THC will increase (because it knows a male is around) to hold any more pollen it can catch. The plant produces more swelled bud to try and catch pollen. By pollinating you make the plant grow as big as possable to try to catch another piece of pollen. Anyone who has had sex knows once you get it you want it worse than when you never got it and it make you way more horny:)

Thats it! I know this is going to piss a lot of people off and ruin my rep but i just wanted to put it out there!:wave:

2. is this just your thinking or have you actualy read this somewhere from a sound source ?

3. i believe it hommie +rep :D

4. Yeah I would like to know as well...not saying your wrong/right but you got me wondering...

5. I learned this from working on a farm in nor cal. If you have gone to any of the san fran clubs they have the stuff from the farm i worked at. I have done this for many years! I hope this answers your questions, thanx:D

6. wow that sounds genius, i'll try it out during my next grow.. hopefully it works

7. interesting...how does one go about getting one of these farming jobs? lol did it pay well?

8. well Dr lowtie you have my intrest going...might have to try this one on crop in veg room now...hmm what to pollinate...

9. #9 Dr Lowtie, Nov 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2008
    Luck is the only way to get a job like i had! I met the farmers at a rainbow gathering and got to talking growing next thing i know i was on working a farm:hello:! Yeah the pay was WAY good stuff! I am still surprised there has not been critics:eek:. But time will tell:)

10. Lowtie,

I got two female plants and one male in the vegetating state (can tell by the preflowers)

They're all extremely close together as is though, so how do I allow the male to make pollen without spreading it all over my grow room and plants?

11. This is great stuff Dr Lowtie (rep +) and Im pleased there are more open minds in this thread. Ive just painted pollen on to a small flower on a bottom node of my 2nd girlie (think my first and most mature girl may be too far into flower now). Hopefully enough to give me a few seeds. Thanks for the advice. Especially as you kept giving it even after being hailed as a nutter.

12. You haven't backed your statements up with any research or evidence. I am not saying you aren't right, but it seems like most multiple plant growers don't have the time, nor do they want to risk an accidental entire pollination just to make the buds a little more potent. If you can show me some evidence that this is true I will def. rep you, and even try the method myself, but until then I just don't think it would be worth it.

-C

13. Sounds like specious logic at best. Like ^ I'll wait for some empirical evidence.

14. Nice use of vocabulary(specious). I am very impressed:). Thanks for everyones responces:hello:

As for the question about not being able to seperate the male, if your not comfortable doing it then i recomend not doing it:D!!!!

15. I guess the proof is in the pudding! just so happens i know some girls looking to get knocked up! i will knock 1 up but not the other and post pics after the new moon in jan `09. Until then consider me an idiot;)

16. Oh miss read by me: are you able you remove the male from the area and place in another room or friends house? it dosnt need much to stay alive because it is now focused on releasing its pollen. If you cant just cut the male now and dont worry about it. It is not worth seeding the grow!!!!!!!!!!!

17. No one considers you an idiot, it was well written and well received on this end. It would be great if it works, so I look forward to seeing the results.

-C

18. It makes 100% sense in my head...really looking forward to seeing results.

19. you can build a male seperation chamber pretty easy...dont think Im supossed to link another forum...but its a clear rubbermaid container standing on end, cut 2 4" holes one at top of lid and other at bottom. Get a filter for a furnace cut into 4"squares...get a PC fan and wire it to use with standard plug...take 2 pieces of the filter and tape to the fan and put the fan into the top hole....plug the second hole with 2squares of filter and secure to the lid(making sure that you close all gaps. Then once the male is ready to open up sacs...take the box out of your grow area, then open the box and put in the female in and put back in room for a day or 2 to make sure it takes. Then remove box again from space, open up and spray the female with water(distroys any unused pollen so as not to pollinate you whole crop). Its a great easy design, that when done right removes the need for a seperate room just to pollinate.

20. sounds good! spraying with water is a great idea. I was wondering whether it would be safe to return my partly pollinated girl to her sisters. Ill give her a spraying first and then let her dry out before popping her back. nice one!:D