Mr.Biohazards Clean Shower Grow!

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by MrBioHazard, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Hello everyone! Here is my first grow of Ak-47! Right now ive got them under a 400watt HPS Light in the master shower bathroom, which ive light leaked sealed, cleaned, and blessed. LoL
    Ive got some pictures here for all who are wondering how i did it. Right now ive got a fart bathroom fan extracting air from the shower, which i will be replacing with a 4inch Inline Fan + Carbon Air Scrubber, just waiting for that extra cash to stop in. As for Nutes ive got some Pure Blend Grow, Liquid Karma and Pure Blend Bloom. All the plants are looking healthy and ive got them on a 18/6 lighting cycle, RH ranges from 40% to 70% and the temps range from 70F to 80F. I have a 5000BTU Window air AC, that ive attached some attic r60 insulation and feeding it into the shower, Air comes in the room at around 40F-50F. Plants are Loving it so far, and i hope i can get some great advise on there life cycle. Thanks and here are some pictures!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Good luck on the grow, look forward to seeing their progress.

My wife would kill me if I stole the master BR shower

3. Well i do have a spa/tub right next to the shower so thats what we will be using for the mean time :), Tony Montana Style!

4. #4 ricard0, Jan 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2009
    Hey you got the thread moved.

I noticed what looks like water droplets on the leaves in one of the pics. Be careful when watering, those droplets act like little magnifying glasses, focusing the light on the leaf and burning it.

I only saw one like that, but just be sure not to foliar feed under that HID or you'll wind up with swiss cheese for leaves.

Keep the updates rollin'.

:metal::yay:This is Post #419. Got a minute?:yay::metal:
    :gc_rocks:

5. #5 MrBioHazard, Jan 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2009
    Question Time!

Should I be rotating the plants everyday?

Also how much should i be watering them in OZ? Should i water them 1 gallon?

What would be considerd stretching?

Do misters, that serve the purpose of increasing Room Humidity have the potential of creating mold on the plants?

6. Pullin' up a seat for this one... love AK's.

As for watering - are those 1gal pots? I'd use 1cup of water each time I watered - shouldnt need much more as the plants are so young...

I know you posted your nute regimen but what is the soil mix you're using? Did ya make it or buy it?

7. #8 MrBioHazard, Jan 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2009

Right now im using Foxfarm soil in 1 gallon pots!, I will display the nutes im using check out the picture. Also if you can look 2 posts up i listed some question there. Maybe you can help me with some of those.

[​IMG]

8. Rotating: No, unless you believe you have a light issue in which 1 plant gets more light than others. The plants will shift around and twist up towards the light on their own...moving them will just make them keep bobbing back and forth to reach the light.

Water (as I already answered): As for watering - are those 1gal pots? I'd use 1cup of water each time I watered - shouldnt need much more as the plants are so young...

Stretching: It's obvious when they stretch. There will be huge areas of just stem in between nodes and the plant will have a kinda thin look to it. This compared to a non-stretched plant, which will appear much denser due to the nodes being closer together.

Misters: Mold will be created IF the water is left on the leaves during lights out. I would highly recommend to NOT mist. It causes so many damn problems such as leaf burn (from water droplets acting as magnifying glasses) to bugs to, yup, mold.... just stick with the root zone and leave the leaves dry...

Hope that helps bro!

9. Looks good Bio. I'm tunned in.

10. Thanks a ton for the answers, so what should i do to increase humidity besides getting a expensive humidifer, right now when the lights are on the room humidity will drop to about 25-30% when the lights are off it increases between 40-70%, any cheaper method of keep the humidity at a static humidity percentage.

11. Update picture post! Sorry for the wierd lines my iphone camera is weird like that.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Looking good... do you have a fan in there blowing on them and circulating the air in the space.

13. Ya, ive got a 6inch Oscalating Fan. The room has proper ventalation circulating the air in the room, right now im just having difficulty keep a static Room Humidity Level. I think the plants are growing slowly due to the lack of humidity in the grow space.

14. I just picked up a humidifier at Bed Bath using one of those 20% off coupons for about 35 bucks

15. ill be watching this one. shower huh? cool lol

16. Look sweet bro! It's a true testament of a soil mix (and grower) if they both can manage to grow from sprout to young plant without a single sign of issues....

One question: Any reason ya put the temp therm at the bottom of the pots? I'd personally move it right beside one of the ladies, or stack something beneath it to get it at the exact level of the highest leaf.... be surprised at the temp diff a few inches makes.

17. Ya great point I will go ahead and do that. I may just hang it with a string or something. Ya im definitly going to need to place a humidifer inside the shower, from the research ive done the plants at this age need about 70% humidity.

18. Really? A humidifier eh? Man guess it depends on the strain or something, but I've grown in a closet using a 600w and an inline vortex that would suck the chrome off a trailor hitch... never once even concerned myself with humidity unless it was a baby/clone (used a dome) or when she was budding up hard (keeping it dry).

19. #20 ricard0, Jan 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2009
    Klutter is right. A humidifier is not necessary, but MJ does like around 55% RH. If the intake air is cold and/or dry enough, it'll dry the plants out faster meaning you'll have to water more to help off-set the arid conditions. At a young age, the plant won't transpire that much leaving the overall RH relatively low. As the plant grows, it will release more water into the air thereby raising the RH and decreasing the need for extra humidity.

The more humidity available to the plant, the more the Stomata stay open to exchange gasses which means more vigor/growth. To a point. You can for sure have it too humid as well.

Flowering is all together different. You may want to maintain a higher RH in the first stage/s of flower, but anything above 45% RH and you could wind up with mold problems in the later stages of flower.

Also, as the flowers fill out, the plant reacts to dry/arid conditions by producing more trichs in an attempt to collect any and all available moisture and to protect it from the hot/dry air. Slightly warmer temps, lower RH and less water can all signal the plant to react by increasing trich production.

In order to exercise maximum control over your environment, you'll need a dehumidifier as well as a way to control the RH. Most environmental controllers have a dehumidistat making it possible to lower the RH, however, raising the RH is up to the grower. Hope that helps. :)