Help Me! I have an unhappy plant.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by littlecizzle, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Hey guys yall have all been helpful before lets see if ya can keep it up. There may be a smokeup involved :bongin: lol. Anyway I moved my plants to a new home recently in a jerry rigged grow box and my friend has been caretaking. I know he has been overwatering due to the droopy flowers but there is also yellowing and wilting of the bottom leaves. Idk what this could be due to. Oh and my top is looking awfully wierd it isnt growing out of the center its growing out at a wierd angle. Very strange to me. Pictures are enclosed IMAG0020.jpg
    IMAG0021.jpg
    IMAG0026.jpg
    IMAG0027.jpg
    IMAG0025.jpg :confused::confused::confused:

2. Bump. I'm really surprised I ussually get quicker replies. Help me guys please!

3. Looks very timid, I never bother long when I have a plant like this and
    kick it in the bin! Try again!!

4. Yes it has been a problem but i feel it only due to my mistreatment. i Have never used nutes on it like never. Could it be a deficency of some sort?

5. And what is up with the top growth being off center?

6. All I can say is, do more research before you attempt your next grow.

7. I've done my research its under 4 26 watt CFL lights its in a 3 gallon pot been avoiding overwater only thing I didn't do is nute it

8. the reason its so tall and leafless is because this happend before due to lack of proper lighting so it stretched then shed its lower leaves but now with adequate lighting idk what to do. cmon guys tell me whats wrong!

9. #9 chittyAdvice, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2011
    What strain is it? How old is it? What nutes are you using? What kind of water are you using? What soil are you using? Do you have proper drainage? What is your PH? Are you testing your run off? You're not giving us a whole lot of information about your grow. This is probably why no one has helped you. You say lack of lighting, but you also say you did your research. LOL! I'm just givin' you shit man. Help us, help you by providing us with more info.

10. It was just a bagseed its been vegging for about a month but over half of that was under bad light. I use Tap water left out for about 24 hours to water it. I have never given it nutrients thats why i was thinking it may be a deficency. Havent tested the ph or the runoff. I have some miracle grow all purpose plant food that says its 24-8-16 would this be ANY help? Sorry bout the lack of info XP

11. its big enough for nutes but seems light green and the growth by now should be greener and more rapid. id back away from the water and introduce some veg nutes. to start id use only half of the reccommended amount. dont want to create more shock. id water not more than every other day with each 4th watering to contain some nutes. so nutes not more than once per week. till you go to flower then go to flowering nutes and lighting as needed. youll cut out iron as there will be plenty in the soil. and use flower nute only carbo's bone meals some guano's, the only avalable iron i would give mine would be molassas. and very dilute at that. you dont want too many sugars or salts to lock up in your grow or you may have to flush forever to make it smoke white ash and not crackle and choke you. -D-

12. #12 chittyAdvice, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2011
    What soil is it in? Overall, your plant doesn't look that bad, except for the streatch. Those CFLs should be about 2 inches from the tops. I don't see signs of over watering. The yellowing could be caused by early N deficiency, but I doubt it. Before I suggest adding nutrients, it's important to know what kind of soil the plant is in.

13. Looks to me like it's stretching way too much, are you sure the lights are practically on top of it? With cfls you should keep them really close to the leafs, as the further they are the less lumens the plant is able to recieve.

Good luck and keep us posted, it does look pretty weak though!

RC

14. Ya. Drop those lights on top of it. Its struggling for light. Start adding nutes too.

15. #15 chittyAdvice, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2011
    In picture #2, you can clearly see burnt tips on the smaller yellow leaves. Look at the tips of your leaves and tell us if they're brown or yellow. This is a sign of nutrient burn. If you're using Miracle Grow soil, DO NOT ADD nutrients!

16. I have just recently moved it to the better lighting so it still shows the sign of the old stretching but the big new leaves seem fine but the older little crap leaves seen in the first pic are starting to yellow and brown the soil says its 100% organic so i dont think there are any nutes. But the little leaves were from when it had rootbound X( i know its been through hell but ive just recently fixed the root space problem and the light problem.

17. yes ive topped it before with no effects posative or negative but after this last top the wierd angled top started. And the soil is just some organic soil i got from walgreens its supposed to be 100% organic

18. i dont see very much perlite, or other things to decrease the density of the soil. you may have a case of poor drainage on your hands.

19. no perlite at all i will water tommarow with some fert until i see it come out the bottom of the pot. is this a good way to test drainage?

20. good idea? no? yes?