3 weeks into my first grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by superferret, Feb 9, 2011.

1. My plants are about 3 inches (3 weeks from germination) tall with just a small amout of yellowing , mostly at the bottom. I started germination in RW. I now have them 12 inches away from my 150 HPS 18 on 6 off. I cant post pics at this time. Should I still use CFLs if I am using the HPS? If I do use the CFL lights are those lights on 24/7? whats the proper humidity?

2. #2 magestik63, Feb 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2011
    the more light you use the better. if you are using 18/6 then both sets of lights should be on the same schedule. what kind of soil you using, have you added any nutes to them? i dont pay much attention to the RH, but i think it should be around 50% during veg

3. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HtX3dTOwaE]YouTube - How To Grow Marijuana Part 1[/ame]
    watch these for growing tips

4. #4 superferret, Feb 9, 2011
    I will get pics up as soon as I secure an internet connection.

5. I am using RW right now and they will be transplanted into a DWC. I have not used any nutes yet. My humidity level is rught at 50 or so.

6. so your using rocwol (sp?)

i dont know much about hydro but i was under the impression that you need to add supplements to make up for the lack of them

7. #7 superferret, Feb 9, 2011
    OK so here are the pictures I took a little while ago.
    This is week 3 from the seedlings sprouting. Am I missing something?

[​IMG]

The plants look all yellow in the pics but are not. I just cant seem to get a clear picture of them.

8. Get a metal halide! :D

9. #9 superferret, Feb 9, 2011

maybe but for now this is what I have to work with.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. updated with new pics!

11. dood ur shits gonna die

12. WOW! Thanks for the comment. I asked for help so they DON'T die. If you have ANY positive feedback then don't leave any feedback at all!

PLEASE HELP SO MY BABIES DON"T DIE!!

Thanks

13. Please let me know how to make Improvements!

14. Hi there... my humble opinion is that they are too far from the light... they still have small leaves but the stem is incredibly long and thin I personally use fluo lights and keep then 1 to 2 inches from the tops. it works wonders and saves on the electricity bill.... also if you are in ur third week I would start using nutrients at 25% strenght to begin with and see how they react...

good luck

15. and.... since they are so small and so sick.... temps and humidity in range? are you overwatering?... in that situation I wouldn't water more than once a day and see what happens... water and let the rockwool to almost dry out... then water again, even if it takes 24 hours or little more between one watering and the other...

16. sorry I'm stoned..... as well ph levels when you are watering?? and cover that rockwool with black plastic or tin foil... you are clearly growing fungus at the base of at least one of your plants...

17. yeh lights look way too far away, and maybe overwatering?

18. I agree they look like there stretching

19. your leaves should not be dropping down like that , are you watering constantly? let them dry out and see if the leaves start to straighten up

20. as everyone has said i too think too much water and lower that light

mold this early is NO good bro get rid of it quick or you'll be sure to have problems later

also i think its time for some food