Is this normal? Possibly overwatering?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by charlesCarnage, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Hello, I just started flowering about 5 days ago and...

What do you guys think they look kinda droopy to me when compared to the other one, and they really are only drooping where the new leaves are growing. I'm thinking I overwatered them but I really don't see how because I water every 4 days and give nutrients every other watering. I just checked the soil ph and its at 7. the last time I watered was Saturday, and Tuesday before that. But then I think it could be under watering but the leaves feel stiff and kind of swollen. The temp doesn't go above 80 during the day, at night its gets down to 60. My grow takes place in the basement and I don't have any type of fresh air being pumped in from outside. Could that be the issue?

Please tell me I am over reacting...

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      233 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      221.3 KB
      Views:
    • 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      239.8 KB
      Views:
    • 4.JPG
      4.JPG
      File size:
      236.1 KB
      Views:
    • 5.JPG
      5.JPG
      File size:
      242 KB
      Views:
    • 6.JPG
      6.JPG
      File size:
      198.7 KB
      Views:
  2. The best way I use to know when to water is to stick my finger into the soil as far as I can and if it comes out dry, its time to water :)

3. #3 yoctown, Nov 30, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
    You are overwartering or underwatering I'm pretty sure. I haven't seen a plant go limp unless it has to much water a lack of water or no light in my experience. Pick up the pot and compare the weight to a pot you just watered (its the way i prefer to see if a plant needs water i find it more effective personally but most will tell you to stick your finger in the soil). See how much water it has in it. If you just watered them then I would guess it is overwatered and give it a day for the leaves to sweat the extra water out. Time is irrelevant when watering water as needed not on a specific schedule.

Edit: after reading some of it better i realized you said you watered Saturday (sry overlook stuff when im high). Pick up your pot if it is pretty light chances are it needs water. Plants use more water during flowering be aware of that. By the way you are not overreacting just being prepared and informed. Don't see you in panic mode like most people go straight to. Also thnx for giving proper info to help solve your problem.

4. thanks,

I usually stick my finger in the dirt to test if it needs watered, also pick the pot up when wet to see how heavy it is. Like right now it seems like it should be watered the pot isn't very heavy and the dirt is dry when I stick my finger in.

Maybe its because I have 8 gal pots, mabe i need to get down in the dirt deeper??

5. I wouldn't think so using both methods should give you a great idea of how much water there is. Plus by the way the plant looked and your description of the dirt it sounds like it needs to be watered so your judgement would be correct. Like I said you will most likely need to be watering more often now you are in budding. Goodluck hope you grow some chronic.

6. I think I might wait a few days to water just in case.

7. You could buy a water meter. Your containers possibly aren't properly draining and are retaining a lot of water. I would wait a bit longer than you have been and then water. What are your temps?

8. #8 charlesCarnage, Dec 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2010
  9. Ed Rosenthal says that temps in flower should be between 60-82 for best results so you're fine there. I've heard that soil is pretty thick...did you add any perlite?

10. negative on the perlite.

11. ah well it could be a drainage problem. Just wait an extra day or so more than you usually would, water and see if it improves.

12. ok sounds good i will definitely do that thanks a lot.

13. hey guys,
    I figured out the problem. It turns out that it was not overwatering or underwatering. It was

the fan. Ok so last night the plants are looking like total shit, so before the the 12 hour

light cycle for the day ended I just decided to shut the fan off for the night. Now it looks like

a completely different plant, its still a little droopy, but it is recovering big times here's a link

of the before and after, in my opinion its amazing how quickly it recovered...

http://forum.grasscity.com/sick-plants-problems/707231-overwatered-underwatered-rootrot.html