Time for harvest?!! Black bud? with pics

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by conepucher, Oct 12, 2010.

1. #1 conepucher, Oct 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2010
    :smoke:High Grasscity!

This is my first time growing and i have been using the forums from this site the whole time. Its getting close to harvesting time and i need some help to determine if their ready. Also my bud has turn black on one of my four plants, the leafs are all back, dark purple, ruby red... ITs the oddest thing to watch but i need to know if thats normal or what it might be.

Ps: Because these where bag seeds i have no idea what i have, so i really could use input on how they look !:smoke:

Attached Files:

2. plants generally turn purple hues due to certain genetics' reactions to colder weather. The black you're seeing is probably just a very dark purple, since the plants look healthy.

Take a look at the trics with a $10 pocket magnifier. If about 50% of them are amber, you can harvest, or keep waiting until even more of them become amber. If fewer than 50% are amber or they're still cloudy/clear you should wait a bit longer. Some strains take a loong time, and beef up a LOT in the last 2 or so weeks.

If you don't have access to information regarding harvest time for your strain, I'd say give it another week after looking at the trics. If the buds stay around the same size after a week, it's harvest time.

3. The plant that has discoloration could just be extracting all the sugars and energy from the leaves, because it is in the end of it's life cycle. Keep an eye on it, and update us on what happens later.

4. Would you call it harvest time ?

5. plant looks good to me. You could take it now, but if i were you, and you wont be getting a frost any time soon.... let her go another week.

6. i'd take em

7. If that is in fact happening, and the trics are amber or a milky white, I would harvest, but otherwise, you probably have some time left.

8. Just went to Radio Shack and picked up a " ILLUMINATED MICROSCOPE 100 " for $ 12.49 and I would strongly suggest you do the same. Very easy to use. Good luck with your harvest.

9. +rep

this is what your supposed to do instead of trying to have people guess from a picture.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2179604