Bagseed, are they male or female seeds?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TomHenryCooper, Jun 7, 2010.

1. I don't know if this should be in the beginner section or the advanced section.
    I'll try here, as i don't think it's too advanced.

There was a question earlier, about a person growing from bagseed (seeds which are amoungst the bud you buy from a dealer), the member was asking 'what if his bagseed plant turns out to be male'.

I've never grown from bagseed and i don't know anyone who has.

But, it's got me thinking...
    to make sure they have female plants, commercial growers, grow their plants from clones. Or small time commercial growers may use feminized seeds or pluck out the males. But nonetheless, they grow female plants.

If a person gets seeds (bagseed) from a commercial growers harvest, they are seeds from which a female has turned hermaphrodite (hermie). The hermie had pollinated herself or other female plants around her during flowering. If a female pollinates herself or other females, the seeds they produce are feminized seeds, right or wrong? BUT obviously, not the same quality of feminized seeds we purchase from seedbank, as these seeds may have a tendency to turn hermie themselves.

Ofcourse, if somehow a grower was dumb enough to have a male amoungst the females, the seeds would be both male or female.

Question...
    Is it a good chance bagseed produce female plants?

2. its a 50/50 for a bagseed lol

3. yea bagseed is completely unpredictable... grow it and give us a pic... we'll let ya know ;)

4. Thanks Mike, it was just a thought.

Yeah mate, i see now that some GC members have male bagseed plants.
    I've never grown seeds from a hermie plant before, I was just curious how the seeds can actually turn out to be male.:D