help please

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Endoluvr4two0, Apr 14, 2010.

1. #1 Endoluvr4two0, Apr 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2010
    So a friend brought a plant to me had no idea how far along she was, or anything. that was like a week and a half ago. After placing it between the window and lamps giving it as much light as possible i decided to convert a mini frige to a grow box. Put a cooling fan and 2 75w CFLs and 2 100w CFLs. i put the plant on a milk crate to get it closer to the lights because the plant isnt very big. altho it does look like its starting to flower. despite that im trying to keep it in the veg stage with a 18/6 cycle. Now i put the plant in a couple days ago and its starting to droop or sag. Kinda looks a little discolored too. Im thinking too much water but im watering every other day...anyone with ideas feel free

Attached Files:

2. here are a few more thanks

Attached Files:

3. Looks like an autoflowering plant -- just a guess. If it is, no light cycle changes will make a difference. When you say you have it under 2x75 and 2x100w CFL, you mean the wattage equivalents, correct? If that is the case you need 100 *actual* watts for that plant to thrive, not just grow.

Also, let the soil dry out more between waterings, especially if that container has no drainage.

4. Ya the 75s are actually 20s and the 100s are 26s but with such a small space would more wattage hurt it? That's also why I have it in the middle of all four lights.

With the watering maybe everyother other day?

And if it's an auto plant should I just say screw it and put the light cycle to flowering??? Thanks again

5. Autoflowers, flower without a change in light cycle. They will start and finish under 18/6.

6. lol your going to get like three grams from that, to maximize the yield by lsting but idk if that will work last minute.

7. I know that, no need to rub it in, but I see it like this...
    The plant was given to me the fridge I had and the supplies in all cost me 35$. So if I only get 3gs outta this kinda works out. Plus it'll kinda be a prep for days to come ya know

Now if it is an auto plant how can I tell how far along it is. Also what about nutes if it's not too late. Thanks guys

8. im willing to bet its not an auto.

there are sticky's that will answer all your beginner questions.

9. So if it's not an auto then keeping the cycle at 18/6 should keep it in the veg stage? Even if it's already started flowering Also would it hurt it I switched to 2 days in between waterings? And what about the nutes for it?

10. is it under 18/6 now and flowering?

if it's not an auto, it will veg until you flip to 12/12.

Im always surprised how often people water, I only need to water about once a week.

11. I'll have to try this method thanks for the tip, do you still spray them everyday??

12. I dont spray anything on my girls except neem once a week while vegging.

13. Water when you're plants need water. You'll know because your soil should be dried out in the top couple of inches. If you can stick your finger in the soil and it feels wet, don't water.

And don't spray/mist anything on your plants unless they need it. The water will form droplets on the leaves and act as a lens and you'll burn your plant.

I'm amazed how many preflowers you have for only having a couple nodes. I wouldn't doubt if it was autoflowering.

15. Leaves have their stomatas on their underside, so I wouldn't spray them there since that's where gas exchange happens. You could run the risk of drowning your plant.

Roots are the best for getting water to the plant imo, leaves are the best for CO2 etc. But, its your plant.

16. So much to my dismay i couldnt keep the plant from flowering. Dont know if its auto or not but 3 days into its 18/6 cycle the timer decided to not work and baby went about 9-11 hours without day (yay for work) So i decided to give in and switched to a 14-10 cycle (still trying to prolong it i guess) switched the soil to fox farms and tossed some plant energy booster (thank you nice clerk at maine hydroponics) and put in 6 100w (26w) CFLs instead of the 2(75w) and 2(100w)

I dont think that this is gonna produce much, but like i said before the plant was free

The leaves are still curling/drooping/saggin not sure what this is yet

**pictures taken right before i put in new soil and lights more to come**

Attached Files:

17. you should lst it so you can get the most out of it, the main stem doesn't look that thick yet so you can prolly get away with it.