how am i doing so far?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by fresh31, Apr 11, 2010.

1. They're 2 weeks from seed now, the two pics are of the biggest one and the third of another that's growing pretty fast but weird lol(they're not the only two but just those are the ones i mostly want input on) the fourth pic is the all of them

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Looks like they have some nute burn. What type of soil are you using? And you shouldnt be using ferts yet if you are.

3. Look's as if some have nutrient burn and some have nutrient lockout due to PH possibly, Dont use mutrients for at least 3 weeks from seed.

4. no extra nutes have been added, i'm using mgoc soil which has some in it, I was thinking it could be nute burn because it started doing that when i repotted it into a bigger peat pot(the other one was really small and broke while i was holding it lol)

5. Maybe let some water sit out overnight get a ph checker, 6.5 for soil get ph up and ph down to adjust. flush if any nutrients were added. Hope it works out.:hello:

Attached Files:

6. I haven't checked the ph but for the water I filter it and sometimes let it sit out before i water them. any feed back on the pretty looking one? lol she's been short and stocky the whole time lol.

7. ok so i found the ph of the water i been giving it is 7.6, i've read that the soil it's in is quite low so would that be ok?(haven't tested runoff yet as I haven't watered yet)

8. 7.6 to 6.5 gradually maybe go with 7.1 then go for 6.5 gradually like every watering knock off .2 towards acid of 6.5 so maybe something like this:

stay at 6.5

Yeah would be good to know the runoff ph too though. Hope this helps. Good luck bud. :hello:

9. Are you using MH or CFL lighting? If CFL, do you think you could put something under those other pots to move them closer to the light? If MH, your plants may be too close and getting cooked.

10. cfl's i have them at like 4 inches away from the lights, I took the most promising looking 4 and the rest gave out to friends. I have 6 27 watt 6700k bulbs and 2 27 watt 2700k.

What runoff ph should I aim for?

Thanks for all the help guys.

11. You want your run-off to be around 6.3-6.8. Don't worry if you can't keep it stable: you'll go crazy. You want your PH to fluctuate so your plants can get all the nutrients it can.

[​IMG]

12. sounds good, i can make that happen. once again thanks for the help guys.

13. Got some new pics, tell me watya think(just going to put up two of the bigger one of the four)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. little update gave them there first feeding yesterday here are some new pics, how's it looking??
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. they are looking alot better then the first set a pics! good luck bro have fun learning..

there is tons of resources on this site and others for you to maximize the results of your grow

16. thanks, i'm enjoying the process more so then I would have imagined. I've been hopping around between three sites trying to soak up as much knowledge as I can. I feel like I'm getting things dialed in now, and the next batch of seedlings are already off to a better start from it

17. Thanks for the updated pics, I was wondering how you were doing. Looks a lot better, careful on the feeding, and check that ph of the feed too, after you add the nutes?

I had a nute that said that it had buffers in it and not to adjust the ph after adding, but it was too acid and I had to adjust the ph regardless of what the manufacturer said.

Maybe I will do a search myself about that. Thanks for the inspiration! :hello:

18. woot! Yeah I have to adjust the ph on my nutes because it seems as if they don't affect the water at all which is high on the ph, after adjustment the ph is at 6.4-6.8 (bringing it down with lemon juice lol)

19. just transplanted the two big ones into 3 gallon smart pots since they seemed to not be liking the pots they were in anymore. lol they're going to be put into flowering in a couple days(when i see the leaves perk back up)
    [​IMG]

20. today is their 3rd day of flowering
    EDIT: don't mind the little runt on the bottom left corner that's my roommates half dead plant lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1