My Soil Mix

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Cheezn420, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Hey so this season is going to be my first time growing, i ordered 5 burmesexOg kush and 5 Critical Haze seeds and i'm wondering if my soil mix would work well. I am planning to use 5 gallon buckets and fill 1/2 with Miracle Grow Organic Choice, 3/5 mix of perlite and peat moss, then organic cow manure and blood meal. Then in flowering I would switch to Bone Meal. Would this work well do you think? The spot get plenty of sunlight each day.

Thanks
    Cheezn!

2. Sounds good to me, however might be difficult to add in the Bone meal once its potted :eek: One other thing that I HIGHLY recommend getting is Fine/Powdered Dolomite lime. It will help keep your soil ph neutral as well as add some micro nutes; Calcium and Magnesium.

3. caregiver is right, lol shawshank...

i'd ditch the bone and blood meal...it's slow release and hard to flush out, cause the more water you add the more it releases nute..kinda like time release fert does...kinda bad for potted annual's like MJ...

dolomite lime is wonderfull...does exactly that to the T...
    compost is good, get wormcasting's there awesome...and the organic choice is fine cause it has no time release fert in it...

mix in a bag of vermaculite to, this will make your soil drain good and rock oxygen to the root's bro...

cheer's

4. #4 Cheezn420, Mar 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2010
    Alright thanks tons, this years lookin good, ill have a new post later in the year with some pics of my grow site and the plants. And one last question, how much organic cow manure would i need per 5 gal bucket and would i mix it in evenly or place it around the top...

Thanks again.
    Peace

5. Do you know where (on line) to get Fine/Powdered Dolomite lime?
    I've found it locally but in pellet form, I use a coffee grinder to power it, but I don't know
    how long the grinder is going to last :mad:.
    TIA,
    S.S.

6. Hey do you think my BurmesexOG kush and critical haze will survive growoing in canada? Im just worried the temp will drop to 0-2 degrees celcius at nights...