will this kill my plants

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by milfweed79, Apr 29, 2009.

1. can anyone tell me if it is safe, and or healthy to spray my plants with carbonated water for co2

can anyone help? thanx

2. yeah its safe aslong as you dont spray it on the light.
    and if your using a really powerful light, then think twice as it can burn the leaves (apparently)
    ive been spraying with 250w cfl and had no probs. aslong as its pure carbonated water.

some people will tell you its healthy, some people will tell you its useless. try if you can be bothered basically. ^^

3. Dont bother you arse. It's the Co2 that plants take in, not the carbonic acid in carbonated water. Plus the little amount of time you take spraying the plants you will have breathed out more Co2 than what would be given off by the carbonated water.
    And another thing, dont be spraying water on plants that are in flower, and especially during the last few weeks of flowering as you need the humidity as low as possible (30s and 40s).

4. No idea. Like most experienced people here I would never do something so stupid.

5. that might be true about breathing more than is in the water.
    however, when you spray it locks to carbon dioxide to the plant. whereas when you breath it doesnt.

mr green sprays his weed with fizzy water:
    [ame=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6985232172273655970&ei=bJX5SfPrKYb2-Abjof3RCA&q=marijuana+growing&dur=3]Cannabis Cultivation - I Grow Chronic (How To grow Pot)[/ame]

and alot of other people swear by it too.

i used 2litre bottles which are 17p each from asda. i cant be sure its helped the plants as i dont have a control to compare to. but it hasnt messed them up at all/burned any leaves etc.

6. #6 cantharis, Apr 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2009
    So how much yield, dried, does Mr Green get per plant??? Seeing as your vid is an hour and a half long, you don´t seriously expect anyone to watch it.

Remember, LOADS of people SWEAR by total garbage.

7. #7 slanesh, Apr 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2009
    i dont think he says the weight but you can forward to about 1 hour 15 to see the finished plants and judge for yourself.

edit:
    he is using a carbon setup in this grow though. through a pressurized tank.
    he just says that if you cant afford that, you can always spray with fizzy water, and that to be honest, he does both.

8. Well, there´s a surprise.

Actually, I can´t make the thing play at all.