My failed attempt at growing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by PhL0aTeR, Oct 15, 2008.

1. #1 PhL0aTeR, Oct 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2008
    Well, I cant take all the credit.... My better half has a pile of seeds from different stuff we happened to come across and she decided to toss one into a terrarium that she had a couple venus fly traps in and it did really well, i was uber excited for like a week watching it grow, taking pics of it, and seeing the 6" stalk finally produce some little fat fingerlike leaves that re-assured me that i was actually growing something..... She transplanted it into a larger pot and we kept it next to the window where it got 1-2 hours of direct, then 6 hours of indirect sunlight.... on warmer days i would set it outside, and it seemed to like it since it was kicking back up the speed with which it started growing. One day i gave it a good amount of water and stuck it outside and when i got home it looked fat and heavy and was laying over. I asked her if we should do a tether of some sort, and it was dead by the next day, with the end result looking like a human hair, very fine, blondish/brown.... it actually felt like somone just died when i found it.... i was so proud of it when it was shooting up.... lol

I probably wont do much with growing till next spring, as indoor growing is an option for me, but not for her since our space is limited (clean clothes are overrated, i told her, but she says i cant get rid of the washer and dryer to grow in.... lol)

I'm not asking for advice, even tho i know ill probably get some, but this is my first post in this sub-forum, and i havent checked out the stickies yet, so i cant really ask for advice when i havent taken the time to read the stickies....

Till next time...

Edited to add pics.....

This was after a few days, its still in the terrarium with the venus flytraps....

[​IMG]

Directly after transplant

[​IMG]

Couple days before it died... :(

[​IMG]

2. Interesting man, I wish I could start a grow outside, but it just isn't the best time of year. I actually started 2 plants inside my closet, if thats an option for you.
    But sorry about your plant, I'm not sure what caused it to just die like that.

3. Nice story!
    Yea you gotta read the stickies and find out where you went wrong. A grow is only as strong as its weakest link.
    Soil, light, nutes, ph, ect, make sure you know where you needt o be, and get there.

4. we have absolutely no extra room... any room we could make would push something else out, hence the crack about the clean clothes being over-rated.

I'll get there eventually... i know a guy down south that grows and his attitude is, "Look around you... have you ever needed to cultivate a weed? Let it grow, that is all."

So i was trying his way..... didnt work out so well.... lol.... ive got a few months before spring to bone up on the wisdom

5. i hope i dont get bashed on this forum for being a complete noob to both forums and growing :(

i was blessed with the fortune of finding a seed in what was without exaggeration the best haze i ever stumpled upon. and i'm young and have only been smokin for about 2 years and i know i will be for the rest of my life and will eventually begin to grow so i decided to get some practice now. i germinated the seed according to the info i found on this site:

http://www.weedsthatplease.com/germinating.htm

and planted my seed in a cup filled with some "premium seed starting jiffy mix" that i found at my local walmart, and using my desk lamp as a lightsource. of course i didn't plan to grow a legtimiate plant with that i eventually planned to start a high end grow operation in my girlfriend's house had the germination been successful. its sunday today and i planted it friday and i see one microscopic stalk coming out of the dirt and curling, which doesn't seem like a good sign. i see the pictures of the growing process on the site i showed and have done mroe research on growing and have realized that it grows relatively quickly. MUCH more quickly than the speed of which my plant is growing, if at all. can anyone tell me what i've done wrong (besides everything), and if there's any way to save it if it has already failed? i would take a picture but the sprout is so incredibly small that my camera couldn't capture it. please save my baby :cry:

6. No bashing needed, but i would direct you to the search engine so you can properly track down someone who can better answer your question, this thread was basically just a story about a failed attempt.... I didnt learn anything except that i the lil plant into this world under some crappy conditions. Good luck.