Would like to grow.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mocha, May 29, 2007.

1. I would like to grow a few plants. Something small, as I probably have space restrictions, etc. What I am looking for is something about containment, I can't find any stickies or threads about something to put my plants in while they grow.

I'm using my closet, its tough, but its about 7.5x2 feet, and probably 9 or 10 feet high. I believe I have most of the things I need figured out, I haven't gone about getting them yet, but I will once I'm sure that I'm set. The pics are my closet, all the crap can get moved (and thats my all-natural peanut butter on the drawer-thingy), including the shelving, so the space will be completely empty when I set about doing this.

Anyway, so if anyone has some links they can give me about either homemade or purchased containers that i can grow in I'd appreciate it. Or if anyone has anything they'd like to add, any specific tips, or anything, I'd appreciate it.

Also, first post! :eek:

Alright, thanks a bunch!
    ~mocha

Attached Files:

2. You should be able to get plants growing in the area shown. The only thing I can't see is where are you are going to vent an extractor fan? Essential to any closet grow.

3. I'd go with some simple flower pots or somethin dawgz...

4. Venting isn't needed if you open the doors during the day and keep a window open.

5. I was thinking of making a box, but I'm not sure. What should i do in the space? A box would allow me to keep it contained and controlled, while just growing in my closet would be one heck of a lot easier. Any advice?

If I do grow just in my closet, what should I do about the ventilation, there is a window about 8 or 9 feet away, but it is hard to get to, and the only ventilation is on the ceiling above the door into the room, and on the floor below the window. So any advice there?

6. it all depends on weather you are trying to hide it from your rents or something.

7. Go to the local nursery and get three gallon nursery pots, 3 gallon minimum! They need room to grow down as well as up.

8. I've read that transfering is a painful process. It it bad to start my seeds in full pots? It seems like that would be much easier. Or should I start them in small cups and transfer them to large pots once they sprout?

9. Start them in 4-6 inch pots and transplant once or twice. The less the better because transplanting can stress the plant out. If you use a big pot at first it's easy to over water and over fert. Also they don't have the root structure to make use of the extra soil.