2nd Grow NL Auto Fem

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by hihl, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Hey everyone just looking to get some help going into this second grow. Seems ive run into some problems. So where to start......its sick. It seems that it got a little more color and looking better over the last 2 days, since i gave it some nutes its about 12 days old, i should be giving it nutes about now right?
    But what i want to know....is what its experiencing. What is actually wrong with this plant?  :confused:
    My setup.
    Seed (saving the special kush for another time) These were ordered from The Vault
    seeds.jpg nl.jpg

4x 105 True Watt CFL 6500k (its only under 1 bulb right now, the other 3 are being used on my other plant that only has 12 days left before harvest from right now) and 1x 42 True Watt 2700k CFL
    Also the CFL is about 4-5 inches away cause i cant get proper air to pass over the plant to keep it cool from the cfl cause the plant has not taken proper root. Or do autoflowers take a little more time to root? Since they are also working really hard on top growth.
    Is it possible my NL is a mutant???
    Fox Farm happy Frog
    Soil Mixture = FFHF 60%, Organic perlite 30%, 9% Vermiculite, and 2tbs of Dolo Lime for a little more added PH buffer (i mixed 3 gal of soil and whats in the solo cup is taken from that mixture so there is not 2tbs of Dolo in a solo cup so we just get that clear its 2tbs of dolo in the 3gal mixture)
    Ph of soil is about 6.8-7.0 temps are around 76 degrees its on a 24/0 Light period right now

And here it is from when it started growing till right now. Its at 12-13 days old give or take.
    NL Auto.jpg Sick baby.jpg
    NL Looking sad.jpg Sick baby 7 days.jpg
    I guess a giant question on my mind, LITFA? :bongin:
    What to do with that first set of leaves that is rolling up? They will soon become useless i know that much. They seem really damaged and possibly holding the plant back.
    But i could be wrong and those leaves could be still gathering vital energy needed to grow. :ph34r:

Its going to be put into a 3gal Pot.
    (I called a radio show last night and actually won some stuff!!!!!! I got some free Smart pots, some Crazy Swell, and something else that i cant remember right now)
    Ummm.......
    Nutes.jpg Flora.jpg
    The floralicious was given to me the other day as a free sample when i went to the hydro store and picked up the biothrive for the NL. I added 2 drops of that to my 1gal mixture, and i added 1/2 tsp of CaMg and added 1tsp of Biothrive and the ppm of my water added to the soil was 220ppm and the PH of the water roughly 7.0 maybe a bit lower. But we all know, the little plant only gets so much water in that tiny cup ^_^ It also seems that the plant has been having a bit of a hard time rooting. it seems kinda weak sometimes when i gently move the cup, and i have to have the fan point far away from it cause it sways to much. :unsure:
    So yea i hit it with these nutes and it seems that the new growth is doing a lot better what do you think? Comments opinions, help please really please help with this i want to love this NL and watch it get beautiful. Come on Experienced blades i know someone can help!
                                                                                        Come on GC lets help this baby plant :metal:
                                                                                        :gc_rocks: :gc_rocks: :gc_rocks:

2. Come on GC i need some help with this little kiddo!!!

3. Heat stress. Have they been sprayed/misted?

Under lights i mean?

4. #4 hihl, Feb 6, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
    Zero foliar spray, i actually gently water the soil with a small spray bottle so i dont slosh around the top layer of soil, so i actually take the time to sit there with a spray bottle and saturate the soil till i get a little runoff

And if you look at the pics of when it came out of the soil it was already kinda looking unhealthy.

5. It can only be 2 things, the soil and the water.

Get some of the cheapest potting mix you can find and transplant into it. Use just water, no feed.

You are loving it to death, it needs plain ass water.

6. No no you might have misread a little bit, it came out of the soil that way, no nutes nothing. Look at the first pic, thats with just plain water for the first 11 days and its condition kept getting worse so thats why i gave it some nutes and it seems like the nutes helped it..

So is it my soil? Do i have something wrong with it cause with my flowering plant i have some of the same symptoms. Kinda the washed out color and weird marks on the leaves. Some leaves growing funky and what not.

7. #7 rain dancer, Feb 7, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
    Some might say youve hot TMV. To me it looks a lot like variegation
    http://www.cannabis.info/usa/library/2401-mutant-mary-jane/

Or your soil could just be a little hot. Takin shots in the dark here. Its not too aften ALL of your plants develop with white streaks

8. Well remember its not all of them, in the beginning i started with 4 plants in my 1st grow, only 1 plant was having *similar* issues as this one, but i could tell in my other plant it was a defic. And the reason i know this is cause its the one i have flowering right now. I had a copper Defic along with a couple of others during the grow. It didnt look like this one, but on the other hand this one could be extremely sensitive to anything in my soil.
    But this one......this one seems different. If its hot soil then i gotta ditch my soil and go get me some Fox Farm ocean forest, or maybe even Light warrior by fox farm. Here is an update on its condition.

This is the first set of leaves that came out of the soil, looking just like this.
    Even the cotyledon have a little bit of this like highlights in hair.
    Baby NL.jpg
    First set.jpg

But its just getting worse. Im going to get some soil after work today and do what snoop said and transplant it into the soil. Should i shake literally as much from the roots as i can?

2nd set..jpg whole plant.jpg 2nd Set.jpg

9. Id recommend a simple soil test to test ph. Take a few dry samples from the top of the soil with a spoon, place the samples submerged in distilled water, stir, wait five minutes then test ph with a pen or strips.

Do not test runoff, it does nothing but confuse growers and tells you nothing.

Have you noticed any bugs like fungus gnats present?

Copper should never be locked out of soil unless ph is off, especially something store bought like Fox Farm.
    Also, the twisting of the leaves is indicative of overwatering, do those cups have holes in the bottom for oxygen? A twisted leaf is trying to transpire.

10. Yea i had actually conducted a test on the FFHF and the ph came out to be 7.0 on the money. And in my first grow i had some Fungus gnats, lasted for a whole 3 days cause i got rid of them with play sand.  But i went to my hydro store today *during my work hours shhhhhhh dont tell* and picked up a bag of ocean forest. Now let me tell you.....i noticed a huge difference when i opened the bag as opposed to when i opened my Happy Frog....Happy frog it didnt have the real earthy dirt smell like the ocean forest. But i did a transplant into its 3gal container.

Now what i failed to tell everyone is from seed to what you see now, took 12 days. Now.......from Seed > Tiny sprout that broke dirt, took 22hrs for it to germinate grow a taproot, be planted and sprouted out of the dirt in 22hrs. Is that normal? I know its an autoflower and everything....but really? My first grow it took at least 2 days to germinate, then another 3-5 days to break soil.

And yes that cup had 6 big holes in the bottom, now when i did the transplant this thing.....as hardcore rootbound. I mean like whoa rootbound there was no dirt for me to shake off going into the transplant this thing had made the dirt its bitch.

And i ended up talking to the guy at the hydro store, he said it could be a super feeder plant that just requires more nutes then normal seeing as how fast its growing. Could this be true?

11. Doesnt sound normal but every plant is different. Id be searching that ffoc for fungus gnats.

One female lays 200+ eggs per day...

12. #12 hihl, Feb 8, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
    Yea that was actually something i did, a few days before i planted it. I took the soil out of the bag and under a magnifying glass looked through a few handfuls of dirt after swishing the bag around and found no parasites or bugs. Now one thing i do want to note about the HF soil, it has a LOT and i mean a LOT of bark and sticks in it.....ive read that those are bad for a grow.

Wait are you telling me to check the new bag i bought? Cause i checked the happy frog and i just got the OF from the Hydro store like.....2hrs ago lol

13. Every bag of anything Fox Farm related Ive EVER purchased came with fungus gnats, no matter what city, no matter what store. Thats why i dont buy it anymore, or recommend it at all. The larvae take three weeks to grow into adults while they slowly suck and damage roots. Im not saying thats what you have, just recommending you watch out for them.

• Like Like x 1
  14. #14 hihl, Feb 10, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
    Yay so my wife decided to name my plant lol, she is now known.......as Citizen X.
    My wife got this cute little idea cause we really liked the show Z Nation on syfy, she wanted to name it Citizen Z because its a Northern Lights strain and of course for anyone who knows the show knows that Citizen Z is the guy locked up at the north pole by himself in a camp called "Camp Northern light".
    So i suggested we name her Citizen X cause its a female.

15. Citizen x is a movie i watched years ago based on a russian serial killer who was the first russian serial killer caught using psychology to create a profile. Its a shockng and very unqiue movie.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I say flush just incase and don't feed anything. I'm currently growing the same nl auto mine stayed the same height for some time until I feed nutes growth took off I'm on day 35 or 36 I forgot. I also don't think it has anything to do with pest it looks like a combo of stresses. I'm not an expert btw

17. Nah its good man, i have enough experienced blades that i talk to that  ive got it under control now here is a pic update from the last time i posted it. And omg does it stink to high hell and back, i dont have it in my grow box yet cause ive got my flowering Green Crack in there its got about 2 weeks left. But the NL just makes the whole upstairs of my house stink, it smells stronger then my budding plant lol

Lookin better NL.jpg

18. Really? Mine has a strong smell but not that bad yet. im probably going to get something for the smell if that's the case because my other plant that also has about 2 weeks left (easy bud) it's budding and the smell is strong but not that strong I have my fan running 24/7 with an odor genie behind it and i don't smell it only when the fan is off but then again it's a very low odor :D

19. Alright here we are 5 days down the road and im giving it (5 drops of Fox farm Tiger Bloom, 4 drops of CaMg, and 2 drops of Floralicious Plus , Per 1 gallon of water) using about 1/3 of water and getting the 20% run off so its nice, my soil this time is more airy then my last grow, i think i prefer FFOF over FFHF........neways
    Its doing a lot better then in the beginning and its going to be on its way into my box in about 5 days. has to be within that time cause its just smelling way to strong already

20. looks like my ultimate when it has variegated leafs on the ultimate auto is a genetic trait

auto help page if you need help with autoflowers http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1294434-Need-help-with-autos?-Welcome

new vote page sept please vote http://www.dutch-passion.nl/en/photovote/2014-09-03-autoultimate%C2%AE-loki_1752/