420 Watts Of Cfl Powerrr 25 Days Into Flower Update

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by UpAndComer, Jul 19, 2014.

1. #1 UpAndComer, Jul 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2014
    Just a look at my girl and an update for those who have helped me cheers guys this is my first girl first grow btw

Attached Files:

2. getting flowers going?  No picture yet!

3. I'd like to know what your plants look like, you should post a pic asap :) so I could get an image of what I can achieve with a CFL light installation

4. Its a ghetto set up bro pics are in

5. I used a cardboard box taped it to shape painted it white and put my work lights in

6. #6 UpAndComer, Jul 19, 2014
    specs are 54 litre fish bin to support healthy root growth for such a big plant low stress trained from 5 nodes high like 15 or 16 bublbs in there or something ridiculous like that calculated to be 420 watts not equivelant hydroton clayballs 25% perlite 75% soil with a 1 inch deep pebble base for aeration and drainage heater for night time it gets to 11degrees celcius in there at night with the heater 19-23 custom ghetto waste tray system i only have to pull a bowl out to empty was having to lift the whole thing out everytime i wanted to drain it effff that it was around 30-45 kilos depending if it had been watered or not shes from seed and just a random bag seed so no idea what i was getting and because of cfls i couldnt really tell it had such tight nodes in veg till she started stretching for the sky lol temp is always around 27 during the day humidty 25-40 during the day and 40-70 at night :s im on a 3 day feed regime feed 3 litres 1 day water 2 litres the next day and dry for the third repeat.... never had over watering problems nor defiencies cept for when i was in veg but that was my own fault which i corrected

7. #7 UpAndComer, Jul 19, 2014
    she stretched more than i would have liked to when she was in the stretch phase is when it was getting reeeaaally low temps at night im gonna say that made them stretch more than they should have but it was only 5 days of cold until i got the heater they continued to stretch for a few more days now they have stopped and focused on flower i fed them yesterday woke up and they were noticably bigger so let the fattening begin :) oh and shes real old lol i vegged for 2 month playing around with it experimenting i went in with the intention if the experiments kill her ill grow another seed but it all ended up kinda working out and iv defintly learned what not to do next time with LST

8. they look quite pleased with their environment, keep it up and you will be finally enjoying your own home grown weed

9. #9 UnknownStrains, Jul 19, 2014
    subbed... me and u are about the same time in flower im a few days ahead but also using cfl's but i got almost 550 true watts....
    oh by the way i like your ghetto drain to waste tray simple/easy and yet effective... might have to implement it into a future grow of mine..... best of luck on the lady u have there..... i find it kinda strange the types of abuse they can go through and still pull out strong...
    should swing by and check out my journal.....

10. new shade is up and wired together instead of seeing that picture up there with a noodle bowl of cords there is 1 cord now and a better shade than my original cardboard one lol ill put some pics up tomorrow as she is in her dark period at the mo looks sexy lol happy with my homemade job

11. Update day 37 and new homemade shade

Attached Files:

12. also up top here someone told me i was over feeding thats why the under growth was dying and im finding dead leaves alllllllll the time pulling out half a handfull a day going through clearing everything theres leaves turning 100% yellow and literally to the point to can push it and it will fall off its not a defiency i dont think because they are turning full yellow in a day is it because the plant got to tall on me and cfls usable light is only 6-12 inchs and the plant is realising there is no usable light down there ad reverting energy where its needed?

13. and recap there 500 watts of true cfl power in there now including the side lighting 

14. Looking good Keep up the good work.

15. First off im no pro.
    Second off I believe thats what your plant is doing exactly, its focusing all its energy into producing bigger more resinous buds so it can make it easier for the buds to catch male pollen.
    Little does it know, it never will;)

buds, bitches and bandos :)