Blazemans Indoor Auto Grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Blazeman Bud, May 28, 2014.

1. Hey guys,

This is my second grow. These are the specs:

Secret Jardin ds120 in my spare room
    Carbon filter and 5" extractor fan with passive intake
    600w HPS with cooltube
    The medium is a mix of BioBizz AllMix, LightMix and perlite
    BioBizz grow, bloom and topmax nutes
    Temps running between 75-85f

I've got 6 Jackryders ( EasyryderXlowryder#2) and I've just germinated and planted 2 random Big Buddha auto seeds.

The 3 big Jackryders are 23 days old from seeds and just started flowering.
    The 2 smaller Jackryders are 16 days old from seeds and are showing preflowers.
    The baby Jackryder is just under a week old.
    The 2 Buddhas haven't popped yet.

I LST'd all of them once they got to 5 nodes. They seem to like it.

So far so good it seems, but I would appreciate any feedback you guys might have as I'm still learning.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401311440.889139.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401311455.141177.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401311475.955932.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401311487.006553.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401311497.890370.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401311508.974861.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401311520.678978.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401311532.426699.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401311544.662681.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401311564.761317.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

2. Btw I've got them on 18/6 and they've only been fed nutes once on 21 days cos the AllMix already has nutes in it.

3. Not a good pic but the tips of the new leaves on 1 Jackryder are a lighter colour. Is this nute burn?

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401370402.623442.jpg

4. It does look like the start of it. I was reading on the BioBizz website that if using their All-Mix then to only use half the usual dosages of nutes. That you might already be aware of but was just a thought.

Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Thanks man. I only used 2.5 ml per litre which is half the recommended and I used the same on all the plants. Only burns are on this one, guess its more sensitive.

So do I just use water on this one for the next couple weeks. How do I sort it before it gets worse?

6. Update:

3 bigger girls are 4 weeks old today.

I cracked the a couple of branches when doing LST earlier on one of the girls. It didn't break, there's just a visible crack along where it connects to the stem. I've taped it up with electric tape and they don't seem to be dying hours later so I hope they manage to heal. You can see where it's taped up in one of the pics..

Otherwise all seems to be going ok so far I think.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401712598.161519.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401712612.161437.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401712621.099359.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401712638.362767.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401712648.564202.jpg

7. Do you check your PH levels and how often do you water/feed?

8. Yes I do. I've got a ph pen meter thing. The ph of the tap water here is 7.5 but I get it down to 6.5 with some lemon juice and I water every 4-5 days when the pot is feeling light. Am I doing something wrong?

9. Just had another look at that photo, it could be nitrogen deficiency in the which case it would want a little bit more. When is your next feed? Possibily continue as you are with your current ratio and if it gets worse then it would definately be nute burn.

I am on my second grow as well (no gournal just yet - but you cann see them under the Greenhouses section - No Expense Greenhouse) so I am no expert and learning as you are, just my opinion and what I would do.

Your grow is looking great so far, can't wait to see how they turn out!

10. Thanks man. I appreciate it.

They are due their next feed later on today after lights go back on. I'll feed them as normal and see if it gets worse or better. But if nute burn gets worse, what's worst case scenario? Can it kill the plant.

I'll go check out the greenhouse section.

11. Just been fed :)

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401747848.541546.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401747857.231559.jpg

12. Not a problem mate.

Worse case scenario is possibily if too much stress it will hermie. But if you notice it gets worse then just look at adjusting and fix the issue. They are quite forgiving plants.

To be honest I don't have a PH meter and do rough measurements of my nutrients. Approx 14ml Black&Gold & 12ml BioBizz Fish-Mix to 2L water. I give that to my current 3 biggest plants. Then 2/3 days later just 2L water. 2/3 days later the same mix. 2/3 days after just water... You get the idea. I generally feed in the evenings just before it gets dark. And my plants seem to be doing well.

Be great to see you over there. Keep us updated how they respond!

13. Sorry dude forgot to add. I test when I need to water using the Finger Test.

Place finger in the soil about 1"
    Dry > No > Leave
    Dry > Yes > Water

:)

14. Update pics of the girls just now and pics of the LST and tie downs that one of the blades was asking me about.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401829834.962850.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401829851.246674.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401829861.213409.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401829872.980277.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401829881.516131.jpg

15. My little weed forest :)

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401831854.986768.jpg

16. Nice!! Will be trying this

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. Looks good!

I'd recommend watering/feeding until you get a little run-off, then test the ph/ppm of that. See how it compares to what you're putting in. Like if the pH coming out is higher than the pH going in, make a note of that and lower the pH going in next time to try to get it to balance out. Same goes with ppm. Soil can be tricky to balance, especially with an unbuffered pH down like lemon juice. You should consider getting something better suited to the task if you can.

But that's all just advice - your plants look good.

One thing about the looks: see if you can adjust the shutter speed on your camera. First try setting it all the way to the highest possible setting (if you can't directly alter it, try a sports or action shot setting). The dark bars in your photos are caused by the refresh rate of the camera picking up the flicker in the HID lights. Not every camera can overcome that, but most can if you get the settings right. At least that's been my experience.

18. Thanks man, appreciate the feedback. Good advice, I'll try your suggestions and keep you posted on how it goes.

19. Can the settings be adjusted on an iPhone and iPad? I've gone through the settings and there's nothing for shutter speed or different modes :s

20. I have a Galaxy S5 and have never owned an iAnything so I don't know much about those.

You might also try putting a polarized lens over the camera, like the modern 3D glasses use. If that doesn't work, try turning it 90 degrees and taking another picture.

I'm not sure if the iPhone or iPad are capable of a shutter speed fast enough to scan the entire pictures within a single pulse of the HPS light. There's apps that can build one good picture using several that are essentially identical, so that's a possibility but it would probably be a lot more work. My S5 will automatically do a bunch of cool things like if I take a bunch of pictures of a large building or landscape it will stick them all together into a big composite picture, and other neat things. I'm just not much of a shutterbug so I haven't really explored what all it can do.