First grow, any tips? :P

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 90Ducks, Dec 25, 2012.

1. #1 90Ducks, Dec 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2012
    Sup guys, I recently started growing in my shed in my garden about a month ago, going to start flowering the plants on new year, I live in Scotland so it will be cold when i start flowering but I hear its good to stress the plants a little bit, makes them more hardy?? I have 8 plants, 3 in hydroponics and 5 in soil and all seem to be going pretty well, I am using the flora nova nutrients, pretty basic but dont know much about nutrients and havent experimented yet, dont really know how so keeping it simple for myself, I am using 1 600w hps, 1 600w MH and a 120w led light, thinking of getting a 200w CFL aswell just so i have all diffrent types of light. Anyone got any tips that would do me any good, would be much apreciated. Pics in next post :)

2. Heres the pics :p what dyou think ??

Attached Files:

• 27.jpg
      27.jpg
      File size:
      606.5 KB
      Views:
    • 25.jpg
      25.jpg
      File size:
      597.5 KB
      Views:
    • 21.jpg
      21.jpg
      File size:
      660 KB
      Views:
    • 20.jpg
      20.jpg
      File size:
      585.8 KB
      Views:
    • 18.jpg
      18.jpg
      File size:
      579.4 KB
      Views:
    • 17.jpg
      17.jpg
      File size:
      579 KB
      Views:
    • 16.jpg
      16.jpg
      File size:
      398.6 KB
      Views:
  3. Nice little room! I hate cfls, if anything I'd only use em for vegging. It looks like you have a bit of extra space so why not go with a 1000w hps? You would have a better yeild IMO

4. Trying to keep the electricity as low as possible to be honest, growing in my shed and all the powers coming from 1 plug :S should I stay away from LED aswell then not heard much good about them

5. thats you keeping it simple? lol, id love to see you do a complicated grow lol. it looks like you have everything under control though, no apparent problems. i hear you on the electricity. most americans on here dont seem to realise how much electricity costs here in the UK, its crazy prices. how are you finding the temperatures? i thought you might have high fluctuation with it being in the shed

im not fan of LED, fluorescents seems to be a lot more energy efficient considering just the plant's usable light, and hps is even more efficient. your thinking about using 1500+watts so i think a 1000watt lamp may of been the way to go, or 4x 400w would of been great if you had enough space. what size is your grow area?

if i had 2x 600w lamps i wouldnt consider using cfls or leds. they are just not going to make any difference really

6. Go hps!! 1000w where I live (On Mars) only cost 50 a month.. you'll be flowering for 8-9 weeks. That's a hundred extra bucks and your yeild will be sooooo much greater. It's the bulb and the ballast that will coat Ya. You can get a lumitek digital ballast and 1000w hps hortilux bulb for about 500$ Canadian.. shit I mean mars

7. Right thats it decided im going to get a 1000w hps, hearing nothing good at all about cfl or led, main perc for led is that you can put it inches away from your plants and it wont burn the leaves and heard it makes your buds waaay more cristally, what is the diffrence in all the ballests I dont understand why some are soo expensive and some are relitively cheap, is it really worth paying that much more for a good one? My grow tent is 2x2x2m so a decent size, going to upload some more pics in a bit. hope your widdow grow goes well, I have 1 white widdow in my oxy pot and seems to be going pretty well, has massive roots, cant wait to start budding on new year :p

8. a single 1000w would light that are up nicely. you can get the old style ballasts that are much cheaper, or the more expensive digital ones, the digital ballasts use less electricity, gives off less heat and are quieter to run. if your buying new, they are well worth the extra cost

the reason some people may say led and cfl get your plants more crystally (more tricomes) is probably down to them using hps too close to the plants, getting them too hot and eventually vaporising some of the resin. it does make a difference keeping it cool so watch your canopy temperature. as long as you keep your temps correct hps shouldnt have any negative effect on the tricomes

9. Heres the new pics taken today, the temperature is constantly on 27 degrees as the lights are on 24 hours a day.

Attached Files:

• 29.jpg
      29.jpg
      File size:
      621.2 KB
      Views:
    • 31.jpg
      31.jpg
      File size:
      387.6 KB
      Views:
    • 32.jpg