Beginners cloaning questions can be posted here as well. I will try to help u

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by gentrykappa, Dec 10, 2012.

1. #1 gentrykappa, Dec 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2012
    BEGINNERS CLOANING QUESTIONS CAN BE POSTED HERE AS WELL. I WILL TRY TO HELP U:confused::confused::confused:

i HAVE EXTENSIVE EXPERIENCE YET. Please note that im no expert. To get the high quality help I recommend posting not only in this thread.

2. Im available evenings typically only. so please be patient untill after ten pacific

3. current CLONE GROW INCLUDES ABOUT 25 CLONES ROOTED AND 5 NOT YET ROOTED. ABOUT 16 OF THEM ARE HEAVILY ROOTED AND ONCE TRANSPLANTED WILL IMMEDIATELY THRIVE IN ITS NEW ENVIRONMENT. THESE 17 ARE MOST IDEAL TO USE. APPX AGE OF THESE 17 HEAVILY ROOTED CLONES ARE 4,25 WEEKS GIVE OR TAKE. PPICS TO SOON FOLLOW.

4. I can tell you just smoked some sativa strain and now you're super motivated!

5. I want to institute a perpetual harvest on an indoor areoponic system by cloning each plant while in the veg stage prior to switching to a bloom cycle. After taking only 1-2 clones from each plant while they're in the veg stage, how much recovery time, in general, would those plants (essentially the mother plants) need after being cloned before switching them to a flower cycle.
    Also, and I know that it depends on a lot of factors such as strain, growing environment ect, but what is the minimum amount of time that a clone once rooted and thrown under hid lights starting their veg cycle would they need before clones could be taken from them?

6. #6 gentrykappa, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2012
    SHAG Your prolly right. i WANT REP SO IM TRYN TO EARN IT!! HAHA Whats REALLY funny is i normally use indica & dont smoke sativa but that night i think i did do just that! REALLY 2FUNNY thanks! Keep checking in brutha

7. #7 gentrykappa, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2012
    Thank you for your question WILD. Feel free to ask as many and i will refeer you yo a reliable info source if i cannot help. u CAN FLOWER A PLANT AT ANY TIME. iF ITS 4 INCHES TALL ONLY UR GONA HAVE THE WORLDS SMALLEST BUD BASICALLY. u can put a plant into a flower phase immediately after taking a branch cutting & making a clone. Once the clone is well rooted its ready for transplant and i would recommend a plant being at least a couple feet tall before flowering or else its not worth the risk and expenses and time to take care of it. every inch the plant grows b4 in veg stage increases ur final yield harvest weight dramatically. Im not to familiar with going AERO though am very interested with the topic. Much of my experience lies heavily with cloning and hydro and rockwool. If your on a budget or cannot afford anything let me know specifically because there are do it yourself fixes as well.

8. Pictures. Nice roots mabee? Letme know what y'all think. I can't show anyone I know personally so this is the only place I can share.

Attached Files:

9. ever use stim root #2?

10. Pictures

Attached Files:

11. do ya just dip it in the powder then plant?

12. Yes exactly. I do not believe iv everused the product u mentioned. Though if it looks similar to mine I'm sure its good stuff. There is a gel too but I do powder. they all hav the same main ingredient and u can buy these products cheeper than a hydro store at nusery or osh iv been using my brand for ever. Also if u call a couple hydro stores they will confirm of deny weather that's a good reliable product or if there's a better one.

13. i found an old bottle of the said thing in my basement, does it expire ya think? ill have to give it a shot some time... what do you use as a growing medium?

14. rockwool works great thats what i use. depends how old. if it has a normal consistency i dont see why not. try it out. cloning is easier than many ppl realize in my opinion. If u have room for a plant then do it. alot of places buy plants too if yours are nice and u can have some finished product of it to show off

15. These are clones(well rooted,see previous posts for root pics) shortly after planting into 6" Rockwool Cube/Hugo Bloc. Thanks for all the views. Many more pics, advice and rep given out to come!!

Attached Files:

16. I'm around 7 days till roots poke out of my peat pellets, sound about right to you?

Only done one run so far, took 3 cuts off each my NYCD and Purple Mazar (club clones) 3 days ago, leaves were on the ground but this morning they stood up on their own :)

17. #17 gentrykappa, Dec 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2012
    From my experiance using my method I typically have roots starting to show in between 10 to 20 days give or take (in rockwool) and I'm assuming the pellits is not much diffrent. Are u using a gel or powder? Also do u have pics? Once a clone is taken it does tend to want to droop downwrd and a few days later perk up.

Aso here's pics of roots going crazy

Attached Files:

18. Thanks for your response, more to what I was getting at though is how long after you take a clone from a plant can you put the plant you took the clone from into flowering not when you can put the clone you took into flowering. So basically I won't have any mother plants I'll be taking clones from my plants in the veg stage prior to switching them to a flower cycle. So Say I get a rooted clone will call this clone 1 and I let clone 1 veg, how long should I let clone 1 veg for before it's safe to get a healthy clone (call the clone I'm taking from clone 1 clone 2)? Whatever that answer is, how long after clone 2 has been taken off of clone 1 would I need to wait (basically giving it time to heal since clone 2 was taken off of it) before switching clone 1 into flower?

19. #19 gentrykappa, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2012
    Ok NICE!! Wildcardck, Wonderful!! I see now I misunderstood your previous post. My apologies. Thank you for the clarification. Please feel free to let me know immediately if this post does not hold the info you need. You can flower a plant anytime period. Stressing a plant can always become a factor no matter what when taking cuttings. With that said, & with my knowledge of plants, general gardening and tons of cloning, general speaking it doesn't matter if u take 1 cutting or 20 from it (Typically speaking & from my experience). Alot has to do with ur mothers size? If shes over 2 feet u likely have nothing at all to worry about especially if its only 2 or 3 cuttings that ur taking. Less than 2 feet and she is still a very sensitive plant. Basically if you take a bunch of cuttings (lets say 5 cuttings for example)from a small plant(lets say 1 1/2 foot tall mother) You are in danger of over stressing since those cuttings will strip the mother naked for the most part. Additionally there will be little budding(flowering) sites left and you"ll be wanting those. I will add that I would not suggest taking more than roughly 5 to 15 percent of a plants branches and foliage at a time from personal experience. Some may disagree depending on plant size and strain and conditions of course. I would be extremely surprised to discover anything iv stated's incorrect. To my knowledge theres no "heal time" which i have ever had to call a concern

20. Skywalker+8platnum cloans just cut+mother pics!!

Attached Files: