New grower here new setup

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Willemross, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Hi,
    First of I should tell I I'm a complete novice at this :hello:

I have been out and purchased a dr60 tent a euro reflector and some maxi bright cfl grow lights 250w.

Bought the seeds of the net which are supposed to be Russian #2 auto flowering and feminized.

Have germinated the seeds and planted them they have now sprouted, were completely fine until the second set of leaves have started to grow now them seem to be yellowing quite a lot :confused: !!!

I will post a pic so any info on this will be very helpful and just and comments in general actually, if I get some interest I will try and keep a proper diary for you guys.

Thanks

Mishy

2. Pic one

Attached Files:

3. Pic two

Attached Files:

4. It sounds like they might be getting hungry. How long have they been growing? I'd give them some nitrogen, depending on their age make sure its really diluted. Start off with between 1/8 and 1/4 of the recommended dose.

Edit: never mind, they look way too young for nutrients.

What Ph is the water? And what kind of soil is that?

5. I believe it's coca coir? And I have no idea on ph like I said noob town here first time grower :(

6. Ah okay. I could be wrong but I would guess PH is the problem. I'd go get some Ph test strips (they're cheap at pharmacies and in pool sections of stores) and test the runoff water (like the water that goes out the bottom of the pot). The Ph should be around 7 or a little lower. Oh and if it's off, there are products to raise and lower the Ph. I believe you can get those in pool sections as well.

7. Ok I'll try that and also how far away from the plants would u suggest a 250w clf?

8. I'm not positive, I've never grown indoor. I believe its between 12 and 18 inches though. Put your hand over the plant and so long as it's not too warm for your hand, you should be fine.

9. Ok I'll wait for another reply from someone, my cfl don't get hot at all as in you can touch it and it isn't hot :) duno if this good or bad lol