[FIRST GROW- HELP!] GHS Jack Herer and WOS Mazar PC Grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by twopartsbrave, Nov 18, 2012.

1. #1 twopartsbrave, Nov 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2012
    Hi guys,

I've posted this on the Indoor grow but considering I'm new to growing... I thought it's better I move the post here.

----------

Hi all,
    I've decided to start growing and after figuring out the logistics, I finally did it!
    I need some stealth since I'm growing inside my unit so I decided to go with a PC grow for now and see where it goes from there.

So here's my setup:
    2 GHS Jack Herer (from Attitude, these guys are awesome!)
    1 WOS Mazar (also from Attitude, freebie)
    1 pc intake fan
    1 pc exhaust
    2 CFLs (125W each)
    Coco coir mixed with perlite
    CPU lined with reflective insulation

I decided not cramp them all in there so I separated one JH and left it outside relying on actual sunlight.
    I'm on Day 2 of sprout now, attaching some latest photos- I've seen a lot of photos in threads and I'm curious why my girls are so tall but with tiny leaves. I'm wondering perhaps this is genetics but perhaps I'm missing something here?

If all goes well, I could turn this into a grow journal... Prolly will since there's a chance I'll run into problems considering I'm still just getting started.
    Any advice is appreciated. Thanks guys! :wave:

EDIT: I was told the light was too far away (this was my suspicion too) I moved it closer now, I hope this will help.:)

Attached Files:

2. #2 twopartsbrave, Nov 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2012
    This lil one is the one outside the PCbox, she isn't as tall and her leaves seem to look good. Before sprouting, I put her under a CFL of 100W for a good 24hours for heat. Now she's been getting all sunshine no lights. I wanna compare how she'll turn out compared to the controlled lighting. Where I live we get pretty much 12 hours day, 12 hours night but since she's in my room and I sometimes leave the light on longer at night, we'll see what happens.

Excited and giddy since I haven't really grown anything seriously til now. Keeping my fingers crossed. :wave:

Attached Files:

3. YIKES!!! I found my pc girls in trouble today. The Mazar totally wilted and looks dead while the JH has yellow spots on the leaves.

What happened? Is it cause they're too close to the light or...?

No pics yet but I've moved them a bit away from the light and I'll check again tomorrow if they recovered. I hope this isn't serious. (Sorry, this noob is freaking out)

4. Make sure your lighting schedule is 18/6 if you want to veg, 12/12 if you want to flower.

Whoever told you the light was too far away was right. CFLs can get as close as 1 inch. 125w probably 3-4"

5. What are the temps? Try staking them up and let the temps cool. Put the PC in a cold room if possible

6. Thanks for your response and advice. Yup, I moved it around 4 inches away. I am not sure about the temps, I have yet to get a thermometer in there.

Whenever I'm around, I always leave the side panel open so there's more ventilation. I'm figuring out how to move it into another room (with A/C)

My other grow, the one outside the pc box is inside my room so it's nice and cool at night.

7. [quote name='"twopartsbrave"']

Thanks for your response and advice. Yup, I moved it around 4 inches away. I am not sure about the temps, I have yet to get a thermometer in there.

Whenever I'm around, I always leave the side panel open so there's more ventilation. I'm figuring out how to move it into another room (with A/C)

My other grow, the one outside the pc box is inside my room so it's nice and cool at night.[/quote]

Get a thermometer asap, and measure your temps. No way to tell what's wrong if you don't know all the info in your grow space

8. Yes sir, will do.

What temps should they be in with lights on? Considering I run two CFLs 125W each...

9. [quote name='"twopartsbrave"']

Yes sir, will do.

What temps should they be in with lights on? Considering I run two CFLs 125W each...[/quote]

70's are where you want to be. It'll be fine up to 85F though. The room with the AC should help cool down the PC

10. Got it!
    I'll keep an eye out and hopefully my grow will end up well. Thanks dude.:wave:

11. [quote name='"twopartsbrave"']

Got it!
    I'll keep an eye out and hopefully my grow will end up well. Thanks dude.:wave:[/quote]

No problem :wave: :smoke:

12. This is the JH on Day 4. She's looking small and there's yellow spots on the leaves.

I have no idea what's wrong. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

13. well done, you're up and running. IDK what the yellow is but you would do best to LITFA. if you have to do something At this point i some time add a sprinkling of something or another to the surface of the soil, such as a pinch of crushed aloe leaf. And remember, everything that's going on above the soil line is a reflection of what's going on below it. Grow on!

14. Thanks for the advice! Actually I used this hydroponic solution but now I'm back to water I think that may have had something to do with it .

My other grow (outside pc box) is doing better with sunlight and water.

What is LIFTA by the way? :)

15. I checked up on the lil one (outside pc) and the stem broke!!! :eek:

I pulled a mcgyver and made a splint. I used tape but I didn't really stick it in the stem, just lightly wrapped around it.

Am I doing this right? I don't know why the stem broke, nothing fell on it.

Attached Files:

16. Make sure the two ends are touching so it can heal.

Is that plant outside or by a window?

17. Thankfully it didn't snap off, rather it was bent around 90degrees. It's by a window in my room.

18. Sadly, the Mazar died inside the PC box. I think it was too hot, I'm down to the PC JH which is looking better but some leaves didn't quite recover from the nute burn or light burn (I'm still not sure). I'm attaching a photo, how does it look guys? You think she'll make it? :confused:

Attached Files:

19. [quote name='"twopartsbrave"']Sadly, the Mazar died inside the PC box. I think it was too hot, I'm down to the PC JH which is looking better but some leaves didn't quite recover from the nute burn or light burn (I'm still not sure). I'm attaching a photo, how does it look guys? You think she'll make it? :confused:[/quote]

Focus on the new growth. She definitely doesn't need nutes. Water her with 25-50% more water at each watering to help flush the nutes out. You want to look into transplanting into a 5gal bucket, make sure your pH is right around 5.8

20. Thanks for the advice! Yup, she seems to be recovering and sprouting new leaves... As for transplanting, I wish I could but considering my place has a lot of family members coming over unannounced, I may have to make do with my small grow.

Thanks though, I'll keep you posted! :wave::smoking: