here ya go, my first attempt to grow(pics..advice plz)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kayakush, Feb 18, 2012.

1. hi there all smokers and jokers,
    this is my first grow. i got some bagseed and germinated a few. on january 22 my sprout busted thru the soil.....i am vegging in an armoire that is like 3x4x1.5 with cfls. right now i have 6 23 daylight bulbs and 2 30w daylight bulbs. just grew the plant in potting soil i had lying around and it seems fine. at day 24 i started nutes. any way here is all the pics up to now and will post one of today, day 27. i had one problem on day 21, my plant was on a box and it fell off, and the whole pot fell. luckily i found out pretty soon and repotted it. how is that gonna affect the growth. i wanna transplant one more time into a 5 gallon container. should i do that or is that too much stress now for the plant? any advice, comments, haters are all welcome.

day 2, jan 22
    [​IMG]

day 10

[​IMG]

day 20, before transplant

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

day 20, post transplant

[​IMG]

day 22
    [​IMG]

2. lookin good , keep it up.

EDIT : "up pot" when the plant is ready ..not when you want to .

3. Nice plant!!! Looks healthy, plenty of light. How long are you going to veg?

4. thanks i got ya, i dont wanna jump the gun, the plant will let me know...i talk to her

5. i dont know, what do u say? i was thinking that the to plant to be a least 12-16 inches i m thinking....no hurry....its bushy and about 6 inches tall now with a thick stem

6. pic of armoire.....its awesome.....has a power strip in it already and a rod for hangers which i hang the lights.....had to remove my tv though....thats ok....i dont watch too much tv...its totally not light proof as u can see...will that be a problem later? how to fix? mylar?

[​IMG]

7. Yea, I usually flower at 12" but I grow sativas that triple in height. 5 gal buckets can grow some large plants and you can train them out. When I grew in buckets I would tie string on a branch and duct tape it to the side of the bucket, pulling the branches out and encouraging more shoots to come up. That also helped to even out my canopy for better light distribution.

8. Definitely add mylar, and try using some foam pipe insulation, cut it lengthwise and slide it onto the edge of the door so it holds itself on. Cheap, few bucks at walmart.

9. yeah i think i m gonna wait for 12 inches....this seems to be indica dominant. can i tie down branches now or is too early. my plant is bushy and i got all sorts of growth inside and on top.....i m gonna post a pic of it at todays condition....let me know....thanks

10. heres todays pic, day 27....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. "indica dom"

LOLS that is indica... the only sativa that has been introduced around her parents, was in a bag.... a damn good looking plant, either way

12. yes yes funnny funny....thats why i am a noob to growing, smoking is a different story.

13. that small light leak in the front of your cab i would say just hang a sheet over the front of it. should be ok

14. thats what i was thinking, thanks for the idea

15. #15 kayakush, Feb 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2012
    just blazed....420 in 10 mins on the east; heres an update, been feedin nutrients. thinking about ordering an LED blackstar. day 31. the last picture shows you the size and height in comparsion. does it look fat and short???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. very nice plants keep up the good work !!!!!!!!

17. why thank you

18. shameless bump.....any comments or advice welcome...thinking of ordering a 135w blackstar. should i do it do it??

19. If you have the extra cash I would do it

20. nice plant,

How long did you have it in the Red Solo? And how do you think the roots did in the cup?

I'm just starting a bunch of bag seeds to experiment with and using SOLOs to start them in.