ready for 1st Grow! Need some help tho

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by johnnyjackson, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Hey guys!
    I've been reading this Forum a lot lately, because me and a friend of mine are thinking about starting our own indoor "Garden". I have posted a new thread yesterday but it didnt show up so i am trying again today.

It was really helpful to learn from all the threads but yet there are a few open questions.

We are going to start with a setup as follows:

Plagron Grow Mix 50l
    Root !t Starterset (For seedligs/clones with the plastic box(dno how its called) to start them up with)
    Thermo/Hygrometer
    Biobizz Starter pack or Hesi Starterpack or Advanced Hydrophonics Starterpack
    Homebox L (100x100x200cm)
    Ventilator 125mm 225m³
    Carbon Active Filter 125/300m³
    VSA Vossloh 400W
    Sylvania SHP-TS 400W
    Timewatch Omnirex
    Standardreflector 50x50cm
    Bucket 1,5l x8
    Bucket 11l x8
    PH Measurement system
    PH+ PH-

Will this do fine from the start till the End? As in veg -> flowering -> harvesting ?

Another question we had was, should we go with seedlings or clones?

If we choose to seed from the start, should we go with some motherplants and clone or just send those into flowering?

What would we do with the motherplants as soon as we get the Clones into flowering? Can we just put her on a Table and light her for 18/6 or do we need another box?
    Air flow in the room is very good and the temp is always the same (around 25-26)

We would start of with Dutch Dragon , LSD and/or some california Orange Bud.

Really apriciate your help!

Johnny

2. Looks like it will work :D

I like to grow from seed (LSD is a great hardy strain) You can take clones if you like but you will need another area on a veggy cycle if you want to keep mother plants and always run clones.

I like seeds so I can change strains often, there are so many strains to try :smoke:

3. Thanks for the answer!

So seed it will be then, we dont feel like getting another tent to keep veging ^^

What would you suggest us to go for with the LSD. Grow her some and do low stress training and send her into flowering after how many weeks? As soon as we like the size i guess? It's just that i read a lot and a lot is going trough my head and i cant wait to get started ^^

cheers

4. I like to LST and topp them a couple of times, after around 6 weeks of veg you can expect nice yeilds using a good light.

5. Thanks again!

So LST is suited, even tho im new to this, can it cause any kind of problems?

Topp = cutting of stems that grow towards the light so 2 stems emegre out of the "topped" part, right?

Sorry if i ask too much ^^

6. Dude I'm in the same boat as you. I started my first grow on Friday and all except one of the 16 seeds I germinated have sprouted fully. One is still trying to peak its little head out. Once I get my pics together, I'm gonna upload them in my journal.

7. Nice! Looking forward into seeing the Journal! You updating it day by day or? Im going to maka a journal too as soon as i get started!

8. You forgot to buy yourself a MJ horticulture book
    Always nice to have something useful to flip through

9. :wave: You can never ask to much :D

Topping gives you more bud sites but I don't like to do it too much, I like to tie :devious:

Best advice I can give is to check out some of the grow journals, I saw one with a great topping guide but I can't find it now. I just pinch the new growth off with clean fingers but cutting would work fine, maybe even better :smoke:

10. Yessir!!! I'm going to upload my pics and such now, actually.

11. I guess this Guide is going to do quite well since its easy to understand ^^

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNuanYP7sb8&feature=player_embedded"]Topping Guide Youtube[/ame]

When should i actually start feeding the plants? how many weeks into veg?

12. What would the yield be per plant? Planning to have 6-8 Plants in total. Would LST and let them Veg for 6-7 Weeks and then Flower them. Any info on that? Didn't seem to find any :/