Hack you're DVR/PVR

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by thejesus, Sep 3, 2008.

1. I'm going to tell you how to easilly take recorded programs from you're DVR on to you're computer. This is a relativlly easy process and will save you from ever having to buy DVDs.

Things you'll need:

A screw Driver
    An IDE to USB connector with power cable(5 to 20$)
    PVR Explorer Pro

Now all you have to do is remove the HDD from the DVR, plug the HDD in to to computer with the IDE to USB adapter, plug in the power source that comes with the adapter, Open up PVR explorer and chose the show's and movies you want to rip. Easy as that.

Note: If you're DVR has a USB hub on it you may be able to plug it in to that and bypass having to buy the USB to IDE adapter. This doesn't work with mine though.

2. That's cool, i might try this out sometime :) +rep

3. No problem! thanks!

4. Nice i gotta try this...
    by the Way girl U got beauty and brains. :smoke:

5. Thanks. lol.

6. #6 smoke__aLot!!!, Sep 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2008
    This works flawlessly! Thanks! I was able to put All my seasons of Weeds and Entourage on DVD! BIG BIG THANKS!

Big +rep gurl!

Edit: I also plugged it in while running my linux and it showed up as a Linux Drive, its partition into a couple parts, three from what I can remember, Only one of the partitions has the recordings on it.

7. Why wouldn't you just download stuff right to your computer. Shit I don't even have cable anymore big waste of money.

8. Torrents .

9. Lots of great information here but one thing bothers me and I need to share:

The possessive adjective for YOU is YOUR not you're.
    YOU'RE is a contraction of YOU and ARE.

Keep up the good work.

Gianni :)

10. You reg and post just to point out that...

I bet YOU'RE a real joy at parties.:rolleyes:

11. ROTFLMAO !!

Actually, yours was the best post so far to solve my PVR copy problem.

Thanks again!

12. [quote name='"cball"']

You reg and post just to point out that...

I bet YOU'RE a real joy at parties.:rolleyes:[/quote]

A 4 year old thread at that lol. This is some good information though.