Arizer Solo owners, how's your batteries?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by CentiZen, Nov 2, 2011.

1. So I bought an Arizer Solo SS model, and I love it. Clouds of vapor, easy use, just generally awesome.

The only thing I'm worried about is that I might have gotten a unit with a low performing battery. I've heard from many owners that the battery should last for 4 hours of continual element operation (2:30 at the very least), but I'm noticing rather shockingly low battery life. For example, this morning, I took the vape fully charged on my ride to college (a ~45 minute drive). I'd say it was running for about half of the drive, and by the time I got it plugged in at school the battery indicators was at four.

Yesterday the vape ran out of power on me at 5:00, it probably had run for a dozen 12 minute cycles at about level 3 - 4 (that my preferred level)
    Since it's new, I really don't know what the normal operation of the Solo's battery is like. If other owners are seeing significantly better performance, then I can go back to the LHS I got it at and have it exchanged for another model. If this is normal operation, then I am quite content with quality of vapor this model puts out.

2. I generally get about 12-14 12 minute cycles on a battery charge. Keep in mind that it is not recommended to deplete the lithium battery completely as this can affect the life and amount of charge the battery can hold.

3. Thanks guys, I'm going to keep track of the amount of cycles I get out of it for a few days. I'd rather not go through Arizer right now since the headshop I got it at will exchange it without question so I'd rather do that then have to ship it out.

Kaptan; do you know what the best battery level to operate safely to is?

Thanks

4. CZ, personally I wait till it has one light of charge left and then charge it up.

5. I haven't really counted but I'd say I'm probably pretty close to what kaptan is getting.

6. #7 CentiZen, Nov 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2011
    As an update to anyone who's thinking of getting the unit and sees my thread, Arizer replied to my email and told me that while my experience was at the lower end of the spectrum of acceptable performance, I had a solo that operated within their expectations.

Though they did offer to replace the batteries if I sent it in to them (not far, I'm Canadian), I've declined. I'm also in the process of obtaining a second, older model for cheap that I can use as a modding guinea pig, and I'm going to see if I can't upgrade the batteries from two 2200Mah cells to to a higher (i.e. two 3000Mah) cells for a longer life span.

7. It's been a while, but I'd like to give an update for anyone who might be reading this and wonder how my project went. Not only have I made my Solo run like new, but the battery life is massive! I've got the latest Panasonic 3400mAh cells in it and I can go for 12 sessions on a single charge now. 

If you want to get one of these packs or learn how to make one your self, check out my thread on FC.