Iolite stuck in customs?!

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by ILoveWeed247365, Jan 27, 2010.

1. High!

I ordered an Iolite straight from Ireland.. I've been tracking the package and ever since Jan 23rd, when it arrived into US Customs, all tracking has CEASED.

I called USPS and they say to contact US Customs. When I contact US Customs, they tell me that USPS should not have told me to contact them.. That US Customs keeps no record of packages that go in and out of their facility.. That it can take UP TO 45 DAYS before I even receive a NOTICE that they have withheld it!

It seems my $250 purchase has disappeared into thin air and customs doesn't give a flying FUCK. And I'm sure all this "extra security" is because of god damn 911..

Does anyone have any experience with this? I'll admit that I shouldn't shit my pants just yet, but the fact that there has been no information since the 23rd is unnerving...

AND I'D ALSO LIKE TO STATE THAT IT IS COMPLETE AND TOTAL BULLSHIT THAT CUSTOMS CAN HOLD ANYONES PACKAGE AND SIT ON IT FOR UP TO 45 DAYS WITHOUT A GOD DAMN WORD SAID TO ANYONE!!!

2. Give it some time, especially with international orders. It does suck but thats just how things work. Patience is all theres to be said here.

3. Two lessons learned:

1. United States Customs will do whatever it wants. It will smashed your brand new R00R from EDIT if they want, or they will hold your Iolite for no reason if it wants.

2. Order from inside the country. I know there are PLENTY of places in the United States that you could have gotten an Iolite. So next time if you don't want to deal with customs and their bullshit make sure you pick a store thats in house.

4. Dude its been 4 days thats nothing no need to get worked up yet....

5. Why order international when you can get an iolite in pretty much every state in the country? That's just asking to have your package swooped because it honestly looks like nothing most people have ever seen before, they might have scanned it and thought it was a terrorist threat.

6. well when i got mine about a year ago it did take longer than i expected to arrive.. but i still got it! i really can't see customs holding an iolight. unless you bought it from some distinctive weed related site, im 99% sure its just late or its taking them a little longer because the christmas day bomb threat. :rolleyes:

7. Ok, thanks for the kind words of patience.. I have hope! ha

For those wondering why I ordered directly from Iolite in Ireland.. Because they had a limited edition Iolite that was "Celtic/Silver" and said they had no current orders planned to be sent to GotVape or any other retailers.. So if I wanted it, I would need to order directly from them.

Here's a pic.. My iolite, The Next Generation in Portable Vaporisers. Portable vaporizer sales

Oddly enough, I HAD an order with GotVape for a regular Iolte first. THEN, I saw the new one on the actual Iolite page. GotVape said theyy would hold my order until they received the limited editions and then send me one of those. But as I said, when I contacted Iolite, they said they had no plans of sending those to Gotvape. So I contacted GV, informed them of my predicament and allowed me to cancel my order..

I ordered it on Jan 6th, (which the website said would be sending out on the 5th) but after some dayys of no shipment, I called Iolite and they said it was being delayed because of a winter storm in Europe. So it wasn't even shipped out until the 20th!!!

Sorry guys.. but I've already been waiting a while and now it's just getting to be miserable bullshit...

8. I had to wait what felt like an eternity for my roor diffuser from EDIT.

9. #9 ILoveWeed247365, Feb 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2010
    UPDATE! It was released from customs at JFK on Feb 2 (7pm) and arrived today! (Feb 4) So it spent 10 days in customs...

Also, I ALREADY LOVE THIS IOLITE! :hello:

I bought Vector butane (refined 5 times) at the local head shop, 320ml for $10.

It fills fast, heats up fast, tastes great and got me plenty high! Indeed, it does take less to achieve the same effect and THAT saves $$ which means it pays for itself, especially if you're a regular.

I can definitely see this thing sitting down in an empty drink cup, on the go! Not that loud, lightweight, and a nice limited edition design!

[​IMG]

10. fuk it looks like a walkie talkie cool