Da Buddha Vaporizer Review!

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by MrMatrix, Dec 11, 2009.

1. #1 MrMatrix, Dec 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2010
    Hello and welcome to my review of 7th Floor's Da Buddha Vaporizer!
    Da Buddha Herbal Vaporizer

(You can visit my other review of the Silver Surfer Vaporizer here!)

[​IMG]

I will be using a 1-10 point system, 1 being bad 10 being great.

Ordered on Sunday night December 6th 2009, arrived Thursday December 10th 2009. Not bad for free shipping :) (Was $139 at time of purchase) currently priced at $166 with 12% off coupon from VapeWorld.

The packaging mine came in was very subtle outside and very padded inside with big white peanuts. The case it comes with is very very thick (you can't even feel your other finger on the other side if you pinch it). The case has a front pocket and 2 inside pockets. Make sure you EMPTY the box it comes in, my free grinder and other stuff was on the bottom hiding under peanuts.

Value: 10- At $139, mine was a goddamn STEAL! If you are still on the fence about what to get as your next piece, I urge you to get a DBV. Plus it saves you $ on bud and we all need that. This thing will pay for itself within a couple eighths judging from how little you actually have to use.

Ease of Use:
    8 - Hands free! Gonna take a bit to get used to (I'll probably master this thing in under a week) Trying to find the perfect temperature setting might take a couple nights. I already burned some (OOPS!) going as far as 3 o'clock. From Cold to Vape takes about 2-5 minutes, much faster than most other vaporizers. The glass interlocks when turned clockwise making it near impossible for the wand to fall out of place and you just suck in at a medium pace. My DBV seems to be perfect around the noon to 1 o'clock setting. The off position is at 6 o'clock.

Flavor: 9 - I have NEVER tasted such delicious herb before. You can really taste your bud breathing out, also it seems that skittles make the flavor come out that much more! After a certain temp setting though (2-3 o'clock) it does give that ever so recognizable "popcorn" flavor/smell which isn't bad but I enjoy the flavor of the lower temps.

Durability: 10 - Built like a goddamn rock. It has 4 big rubber padded feet under a sizable base and the aluminum is thick thick thick. If it were to get knocked onto the floor I would have no worries about it's operating functions. The glass is borosilicate glass so you know you're getting high quality.

Design: 8 - A solid, simple design. It's about the same width as a red party cup and a little taller. I let this thing bake on full for 20 minutes and I could still pick it up! It has a ceramic heating element so the heat is clean. The only reason why it's not a 10 is because it's 90 degree wand angle sometimes makes the herb fall out of where it is placed on the screen, no big deal I just wedged a little notepad under it and everything stays in place. It's 10 foot long cord is amazing, you will be able to plug it in and place it pretty much wherever you want.

Clean up: 8 - Cleaning the DBV is a breeze. Just pop off the glass mouthpiece and wand and use the ol' rubbing alcohol and salt method. I even saved the resin from the wand (but have yet to use it). Also, even after months of use, I have yet to clean the glass heater cover. It just doesn't get dirty!

Accessories/Customizability: 8 - You can order custom colored glass mouthpieces, wands, heater covers, water filters and have unique dials and such. Can also order a glass top to use as an oil diffuser for aromatherapy if you wanted it. Comes in an awesome looking black for an extra $20 but I opted for the economical silver version with no bells and whistles. If you're gonna customize a vaporizer I'd just go with their Silver Surfer vaporizer.

The high: 10 - As expected, me and my friend (he's about 400 pounds, I'm 175) were blazed out of our minds ON ONE PINCH of some exos! Insanely giggly yet you feel as though you can move around and breathe normally. A small grinded amount lasted us from 10pm to 5am. I usually put 2-3 pinches into my dubbler to get just as wrecked but with negative effects like dry mouth etc.
    I did not get dry mouth.
    I did not feel like an elephant was on my chest.
    I did not cough once.
    I did not feel like I ever "over did it".
    Prepare your brain for a free and clear, clean high that you can recover from easily.

Attaching the DBV to any piece that uses water is a must try :D I attached it to everything I owned and then some and it works wonders. Think about taking the biggest bong rip ever and not coughing!

I will be updating this review within a week or two as I find that sweet spot and perfect my technique. I'm sure once that happens it will be even better!

2. Nice review. Ill be looking into one!

3. Nice review, been looking at picking one of these up.

THanks - ogh

4. Thank you for the replies and rep :)

5. Great vape.

Price recently increased on both the SSV and the DBV.

6. Nice review. Vapes are awesome and you save soo much herb.

7. Nice review.
    I can't decide between dabuddha vape or vapebrothers vape!!!

8. i wish this review happened before the price raise. im debating on getting one now, but i dont think i can do it with xmas coming up and needing to buy gifts still.

how is hte smell? noticeable? safe for dorm/in home use?

9. I should also be getting mine in the mail later today or tomorrow. I'll be sure to post a follow-up and give my thoughts (I only have experience with the normal glassware and box-style vaporizers, so this could be a very big leap for me.)

10. Smell is not noticeable. Didn't even have to use my spoof!

The price raise starts on the 15th I believe that's why I got mine this week. They do say that they have "improved" upon it though, so who knows if it's worth it.

11. Vapor brothers has a flawed design, the bud will fall into the heater making a nice shitstorm of smoke lol.
    Go with the Buddha, i have one. It's fantastic.
    And if you need further convincing i thing NYCDiesel went from a vaporbro's to a Da buddha and is a large advocate for Buddha's now.

12. #12 wigger beater, Dec 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2009
    Just got mine literally an hour ago and finished my first bowl. Very easy use to use and im really high. I love it so far.

13. I am so, so, SO glad that DBV is catching on. It should eliminate VaporBros from the marketplace, IMO...or maybe they'll come up with something new and innovative.

Seriously, DBV rocks. All the circuitry of the SSV, with a ~30 degree change in heater angle, PLUS hands-free, for 140 shipped? That's awesome.

Let me say, though, that if you like vapor, or if you like bongs, or if you think you might like vapor and/or bongs.....spend the extra money and order a GonG (glass on glass) connector on the DBV web site! It's so, so nice. And while you're there, order an extra tube. And some more screens.

14. Used again last night and 1 pinch lasted from I don't remember when I started to when I fell asleep at like 4am haha. So that has to be a good thing ;)

I'm getting the hang of the dial, mine seems to be good starting at 11 o'clock and ending at 1-2, still keying in on what's perfect for mine. I didn't nearly burn as much as I did the first time and it was even better!

Also when it was shipped the glass heater cover got cracked somehow, I emailed vapeworld and they said they would replace it for free no questions asked. How awesome is that?

15. #15 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, Dec 12, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2009

haha Thanks for mentioning it bro, i saw another thread about the Vb today and i just had to call out the main flaws. I really am in love with this thing, nice review Op!
    one hit last night got me high for almost an hour, take that low tolerence! Shit I dont even really smoke anymore plus I rarly buy bud now a days. i want to smash my vaporbrothers now, if only i could find a nice sledgehammer:p

I turn mine to 12-1 and in 3 minutes its hot enough to plug in the whip. I have burned it a fe times when placing the whip back into my vapor bong it blew like one little piece of weed into the heater cover, but its no big deal because by that time its nearly dust. I can make one whip pack[or bowl] last me at least twice and get me extremely stoned, last pack lasted 4 times! and they say this is not efficient

16. #16 db`, Dec 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2009
    My Da Buddha came and I recently picked up a lemony fruity half ounce of some solid dank a friend had at the moment. Smells lovely, as did the flavor from the vaporizer. I had about 2 friends over at one point but then I had a bigger group come over. All I have to say is that I think this vaporizer is designed solely for personal sessions. I find that a little less than .2 will get the job done when adjusted with the correct temps (maybe stretchable to 2 people.)

The package the unit comes with is very nice for how much you pay. My first impression of the unit was: holy shit... this thing heats up really fast! That ceramic heating element is a beauty! Packing a bowl is as simple as vacuuming the bud up through the whip, or pinching a little bite at a time until satisfied. I loved the fact that the hose locked into place if you twist it right (and vice versa. Really felt like a secure locking mechanism when I used it each time, even when baked.) Really stoner-friendly, imo.

The high was amazing. All my buddies agreed with me that the high is a totally controllable stoned feeling. The only issue is that it takes quite a bit to get going when you have a few people over (again, solo sessions seem to be the best for this unit.) The flavor is unbeatable when you work with the perfect temperature (I found 12 o'clock to 1 o'clock to the be the best in my unit.)

After we smoked we played New Super Mario Bros. on the Wii for a good 2 hours straight, laughing our ass off the whole time due to how much we sucked at the game. My buddy was talking about the high being present but only popping up when he listened to music and whatnot, but he doesn't know how to vape properly, even though I tried explaining it to him a few times. He wasn't holding hits in for crap, but oh well, this unit is mostly going to be solo ventures for me and my computer-savvy binges (The Saboteur or Zombie Driver anyone?)

Overall I am completely satisfied with the purchase, and can totally justify the increase in price for such a great unit. Apologies for going in detail and not labeling everything out, but I just wanted to let you guys know that the unit is a tank and doesn't show signs of crapping out anytime soon. If so, I've heard good things about support, but I'm not too worried.

Tomorrow's bowl will go out to finals being done, take it easy :hello:

17. I own da budda to you really have to be careful with the wand it does not lock in every time you twist it i already broke mine

18. #18 kadsbaker, Dec 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2009
    Edit: Deleted.

19. This may be false for you, but it DOES happen for many users of the VB.

20. i picked up a DBV a week or so ago off of vapeworld.com... great price so i had to do it (before the price increase). i got it in the mail thursday december 10th, and have used it numerous times every day since. hits are amazing, i keep my temp setting around 3'oclock so that there is a little bit of smoke (i like to see my hits). be careful not to blow into the wand (or make sure your friends don't)... itll push the bud back into the heating element causing smoke. (my friend took a like minute long hit and wasnt expecting much so he ended up blowing some back into the whip. pretty easy to clean, just gotta have a brush... otherwise...

i have 0 complaints.

let me tell you, wake and vape is the way to go.