Ascent By Da Vinci Not Working Well.

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by seeglitter, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Every time I use the Ascent I see very little vapor and often no vapor. I know the unit gets really hot but the materials only change color a little. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I read somewhere through google to fill the oven half way then put the glass jar in? Does anyone know which way to put the jar in? Should I take out the piece of glass thats not the mouthpiece?

2. wtf? the jar is the oils, not for herb. just pack the oven all the way full.

if u have little vapor, see if your glass stems are clogged

3. Yeah, I replaced the dirty glass pieces.

With all glass well pushed in place and a full oven I just get a mouth full of particles and no vapor when I exhale. I'm not sure whats wrong cause this has never happened before. I did the setup the same as every time.

4. #4 lwien, Jul 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2014
    Here's the deal with the Ascent.    The way the vape is designed, your bud MUST stay in contact with the internal surface area of the bowl as the only way that the herb will get heated is when it comes in contact with those surface areas.   It is, primarily, a conduction based vape.

So.............you have two choices.   Either fill the bowl up all the way and pack it down or, if you want to vape smaller loads, put weed in bowl.   Take the rubber cover off of one of the oil jars, put the empty oil jar on top of the weed (open part of the jar facing up).   Push down a bit.   Leave oil jar in bowl to act as a spacer.   Close bowl and vape.    Make sure that you take a VERY slow draw.

What happens if you don't do the above is that when you draw, the bud goes flying everywhere inside the bowl and looses contact with the internal surface areas and never gets heated.

Akaye69...........I suggest that you may want to do a bit more research before giving out advice.    While you are correct as far as it working when you pack the bowl all the way, you are incorrect to state that using the glass jars as spacers is not the way to go when using smaller loads when in fact it is one of the ONLY ways to go when using smaller loads.  You can also use small glass beads or glass screens as spacers but the glass jars that come with the Ascent works great.

5. I've had the dv ascent for around 3-4 months and it produces pretty big hits for a portable. I find that the ascent works best with a tighter pack. Obviously not too tightly
    Packed to wear it restricts airflow but you should have it fairly tightly pack. You can use the oil jars as spaces u just want to make sure the jar pushes the herb down making a tighter pack. Also take off the rubber cap when using the jars as spacers it'll work much better. Hope this helps and you start getting some nice hits. I love this vape it's one of the best tasting and best all around portables I have used. Enjoy