Arizer Solo Tips

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by tranceholic, May 9, 2014.

1. #1 tranceholic, May 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2014
    this thread is dedicated to the Arizer Solo, feel free to ask any question about it as well.

1) airflow
    - simply pull up the stem a tiny bit while inhaling vapor SLOWLY for few seconds
    - get a different stem (http://www.planetvape.ca/pvhes-high-efficiency-stems.html)
    - use double screens to improve airflow

2) battery
    - be prepared, charge it for an hour or two before using (4 hours for fully charge)
    - get a arizer solo's power adapter so you can use it while being charged (http://www.planetvape.ca/solo-vaporizer-power-adapter.html)

3) weed
    - grind up your weed and put about 1/3 full and use a screen
    - for hash, you can use a chunk and vape many sessions

4) temperature
    - personal preference from 3~5 and end with 6 or 7

1: 122F ( 50C)
    2: 365F (185C)
    3: 374F (190C)
    4: 383F (195C)
    5: 392F (200C)
    6: 401F (205C)
    7: 410F (210C)

Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
    Boiling point: 157*C / 314.6 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Euphoriant, Analgesic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antiemetic

cannabidiol (CBD)
    Boiling point: 160-180*C / 320-356 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic

Cannabinol (CBN)
    Boiling point: 185*C / 365 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Oxidation, breakdown, product, Sedative, Antibiotic

cannabichromene (CBC)
    Boiling point: 220*C / 428 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal

cannabigerol (CBG)
    Boiling point: MP52
    Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal

?-8-tetrahydrocannabinol (?-8-THC)
    Boiling point: 175-178*C / 347-352.4 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Resembles Delta-9-THC, Less psychoactive, More stable Antiemetic

tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV)
    Boiling point: < 220*C / <428 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Analgesic, Euphoriant

5) bong attacement
    - attach your favorite bong with arizer solo through a adapter (http://www.planetvape.ca/solo-ground-glass-on-glass-adapter.html)

6) turn off that beeping sound while turning on
    - simply hold UP for a few seconds while the unit is on.

2. #2 Steams71, May 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2014
    You can also wrap a bit of insulating tape around the straight stem and use that as a down pipe for a bong (doesn't work on all) I've done this with my cheap voodoo lay back bong and it hits like a champ..

Attached Files:

3. I red that you can wrap the wax in cotton, is this the correct way?

4. i actually read somewhere that you can put a cotton ball/ qtip end containing oil and it will vape.

5. Yes you can :)

6. Yeah I think cotton needs to be medical grade, like the one you found in tampons.

7. Probably a stupid question but does it really vape dry bud, how is it compared to a desktop? I got a desktop about 2 years ago and it's great but the one portable i bought advertised dry bud however it did not and was a waste of $120. I don't feel like shelling out that much cash again without being confident since i have zero access/interest in wax/oil. Thanks.

8. #8 The Lone Wolf, May 10, 2014
    I tell you this, it'll be the best investment you'll make. I found mine on eBay got it for $127 if I remember correctly. Newest edition and came with warranty. Half the price and the real deal. Now continuing on, I love vaping I rarely smoke anymore. I only use dry herb in mine, never once burned it even at the highest temp. Clear headed and long lasting high, and use very very little herb to get you high. I highly recommend you get one.

I have a question myself guys, why does my vape smell so much? I vaped in my room at night and it will reek till about early morning. Then I vaped in my car the other day, road 15 minutes home on interstate with windows down going 75 mph, car still smelled liked pot. Everyone says it smells for 10 minutes and doesn't linger, not the case for me. Still smelled 25 minutes later with plenty of airflow. 

Am i doing something wrong to make it smell that bad? none of my bud is ever burned, i usually vape on like 5. 

9. Okay thanks, I'm definitely considering if I can find it somewhere under 200. But you say it smells like bud? My desktop smells a little but it's not a weed smell. I love to vape but I'm only considering portable so I can use it in somewhat public places without it smelling like I just roasted a bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. #10 POTatato Head, May 10, 2014
    Not really comparable to a desktop but the solo is one of the bigger hitting portables on the market. The solo does smell though. I usually know its hot enough to hit because I can start smelling it before I even hit it. 

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. like potato said you can smell the vape when you walk by when its turned on even if your not hitting it. Not exactly like bud, but us smokers could tell. My mom smelt it once in my car when i picked her up, she said you smell like you uncle. (use to be smoker, uses flavored ecigs now) so probably just smell like a coffee flavor e cig to most.

12. Okay thanks guys, looks like I still have some deciding to do!

13. If you want truly portable get a pax, but if you want desktop quality that you can take with you get a solo. 

14. #14 tranceholic, May 10, 2014
    get both pax and solo, best of same world lol.

15. I love my solo. He's my best friend. Haha. People say use screens and what not, but I use the stock stems on an arizer solo I got off ebay. I bought an older model "m107" as I saw no need for having to plug in while vaping as it kind of defeats the portability of it. I live an apartment and can vape high quality dry herbs in my room with no smell escaping to the living room towards the front door. If I were to smoke in my room, I would still be paranoid about the smell seeping into the hallways. On a full charge I can easily get 7-9 stem packs on my preferred heat level of 5. I don't ramp because I like to leave a bit in my abv for fat joints.

I've vaped almost anywhere you can name in an only decriminalized state except for restraunts and have never been bothered. I have to say, riding up the ski lifts and taking some draws of my solo before hitting the trails was ultimately one of my most calm, chill, unparanoid weed sessions ever.

The trick is to draw off the stem like you were sipping a hot cup of hot chocolate or any other hot beverages for about ten seconds, and I promise you'll get dense, lung busting vape hits. I've owned a MFLB, a Pax, an iolite, and a puffit and so far nothing compares to the solo. I found the pax to vape through all my material faster than I could inhale, so i sold it and bought the solo. I'm home most of the time and could easily have bought a quality desktop vape, nothing towards a volcano level, but a silver surfer or extreme q would have been in my budget and have used both through my year in Michigan, the solo still Reigns supreme for me

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I bought my solo after using arizers extreme vaporizer for 5-6 years.

The quality of the solo is evident. It's a wonderful device, easy to use, easy to clean, it's not the most stealth, but I've had it up my long sleeve shirt cuff while in clubs and out n about.

This is one buy you just won't regret.

Even my battery is still going strong! And it's a m106!

17. Got my arizer warming to 5 now, got some fresh top shelf herb, about to fill a stem and watch toonami. I've been waiting for this all week. If anyone has any specific questions on the solo that they can't find answered, feel free to pm me as well. I will try to help! I'm all for keeping our little black and silver beasts running at their full potential!

18. I shall buy a solo off planet vape soon

Month or two.... Eeek , cant wait :)

Ill be using it at home alot! Hows it as a plug in?

19. I always use mine at home. Love it. I just sit for hours and vape from the comfort of my bed. Or I can plug it in while I'm using it but I don't like dealing with the cord so I just use it til the battery life gets down to 4 or so where I notice a performance drop off.

But best investment I've ever made. Easy to transport if I'm taking to a friend's house , quick and easy loading (I just stick the stem right in my little ground up weed jar), easy cleaning and maintenance.

20. #20 tranceholic, May 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2014

i noticed the performance drop off after below 4 as well.