Da Vinci... to buy or not? other suggestions?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by KelsoTheBassist, Aug 19, 2012.

1. I've been looking at the da vinci and other portabloe vapes lately. i have an SSV for home, but im a travelin' man who also likes discretion. ive been leaning towards this new da vinci but when i looked at one in person, it looked like it could be annoying to load, had the plasticy taste on the tube...

so if you have a da vinci please chime in. does the plastic taste fade after using it for a little bit? is it weird or annoying to deal with. is it a better product than say the no2 or some of the other discreet vape pens? how effective is the "oil can"?

2. Apparently the PAX is the number one all-portable vape nowadays.

Personally, I'm kind of torn on my DV right now to be honest. The taste DEFINITELY leaves something to be desired, tastes nothing like weed at all, and I find my head almost starts throbbing sometimes when I use it. It's very stealthy, innovative, and efficient, but I'm concerned about the actual safety of the unit.

I'm going to do a large comparative sesh between the DV and my MFLB later tonight to see if higher doses in my MFLB gives the same effects.

3. thanks sektr! i hadn't come across that one, it sounds like a winner indeed, especially after your info on the DV! only thing with the PAX is its 250. kinda hard to dish that much out for something the size of a big lighter. i guess the cost probably comes from the fact IS so damn small!

4. I do not have the same issues as sektr. I think it tastes like weed and have never gotten a headache from it. It is perfectly safe in my opinion. I load it with a small card and the stuff falls right in the loading area and have no problem. I have had mine for a few months and have had no issues with fading or anything. Once you use it a couple times there is no more "plastic taste". I like other vape pens but I love the temperature settings on this one and it just looks more discreet and it just all around seems better to me. I don't like cleaning it out sometimes because it can be a little tedious but other than that I don't really have any complaints.

5. Like Ivy, I have no problems with the DaVinci taste. At first it took me a little while to get used to it only because it did taste a little different than lighting up, but I'm sure that's because it's "cleaner" tasting.

I'm a davinci diehard too. I've never noticed the plastic straw taste, but a friend of mine did a little on his. So it could be on a case by case basis.

6. i have heard mixed opinions with the davinci(from off gassing, to the taste)

how much are you looking to spend?

7. The Da Vinci is a very well developed vaporizer. It's discreet, has a convenient temperature setting and produces some nice quality vapor clouds. The taste of the product I am vaping is very apparent and tastes better than if I was combusting, as someone else mentioned I guess this varies from unit to unit as some people complain about the taste. Honestly you just can't go wrong with this one. Karma takes their job very seriously and in any case you feel that there is something wrong with your unit they will send you a new one.

8. Davinci vs PAX i would do PAX. Just provides more vapor, and faster heat up times.

9. #9 sektr, Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2012
    From the videos I've seen of the PAX, the DV produces much more vapor.

After extensive testing yesterday, I realized the headache issue was from the hitting technique I sometimes used, so that's gone. My only problem is the taste. It does taste like weed, I admit that was off. But it's not as "pure" of a weed taste as my MFLB, I feel like there is something added to it. It's not necessarily unpleasant (it was at first), just different.

Without the headache issue plaguing me anymore, I have been LOVING the unit again, as I did when I first bought it. I would definitely recommend it based off of the performance without the headaches, which I now know how to achieve :)

The PAX is still supposed to be good though.