Solo or DaVinci

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by adamarom, Jul 14, 2012.

1. I am wondering what would be a better choice?

DaVinci or Solo?

I already have a MFLB so that's out of the question. Your thoughts?

2. I have the solo I bought it 3 days ago. I have the ssv also and going to the solo I still get blasted as.fuck. I have tried the da vinci from a friend. Its taste isnt too good and it gets fairly hot in your hand. I just took 3 hits from the solo and im 5/10 in stonedness. I reccomend the solo is what im saying.

3. I had a solo (2 actually with 5 different solos that I've used) and I simply don't like it. I am not convinced it is safe. I routinely got bad smells/tastes/headaches with it.

That being said I've heard concerns that the davinci will offgas visibly. I believe somewhere on fuckcombustion is a video or 2 of an empty unit running with NOTHING in it 100% clean no crumbs or anything, and a whispy vapor coming out. That is very offputting to me so I won't even try that one to compare.

4. Da Vinci. Hands down. I have never had issues with mine and a couple of my other friends have them and don't either. The solo just doesn't seem right to me, haven't heard many good things about it. The iolite is nice too, but my da vinci is one of my favorite contraptions

5. Solo. And it's totally safe what is that crap?

I bought one for up my mom an it's easily comparable to the SSV.

6. It's totally safe because you and the manufacturer both say so?

Its probably worth mentioning that the solo is one of 2 vaporizers that have caused headaches for me with use. The other being the notoriously bad vapir 5.0. I've used a dozen + vapes.

It does indeed produce large amounts of vapor, but I don't feel like it is clean vapor at all. Again this isn't a plug for the DaVinci which I've seen videos of it producing vapor with an empty load.

Both are very sketchy to me. I vape for health compared to combustion. I'd rather smoke than inhale gasses from electronics and plastics or whatever is making phantom vapors.

7. Isn't the divinchi battery powered? Wtf are you on about gas leaking out?

8. Phantom vapors bro?

Sure the Solo has an electronic smell at first, but so does a CD player. Open one up and smell it.

But nothing in it is vaporizing at 375 besides bud. I mean honestly. I know it's safe based on the materials it's constructed out of. That's like arguing the Silver Surfer is dangerous because you're imagining shit, even though the heater is made of an inert ceramic.

I and no one else have had headaches. This is subjective, opinionated, not factual, and generally misleading.

This isn't a plug either, just real ass personal experience and advice.

9. When was the last time you used a CD player to inhale vapors into your lungs? I'm not sure what your point is?

I'm sorry if I am the one to be telling you this but there were some serious issues with the solo the first few production runs. Darkrom was not the only person to get these issues on his Solo, and trust me, he is not trying to mislead anyone. Just go and read the threads on Fuck Combustion if you don't believe us, and you might be surprised at what you are blindly defending. It's nothing like the silver surfer, that's glass and ceramic and nothing else. This is a set of batteries wrapped up in plastic heat shrink tubing, with a printed circuit board of components and wires everywhere, all wrapped up in a metal tube. They are nothing alike.

That said, I own a solo and love it. I have not gotten a headache off of it ever. But to say nobody has is to be misleading in your own right; because that is not the case and there are several people over at FC who still haven't warmed back up to it because of the issues with the heat shrink tubing the first time around.

10. Yes I have read all about the first gens. Before I bought it, I read all about 6 different portable vapes and made my decision, so you are only assuming I am 'blindly' defending anything.

I do and I don't get what you're trying to say though. Yes the SSV is ceramic and glass. And this is batteries and a circuit board. Well what do you call any other portable vape that doesn't run off butane like the other two Arizer models?

Like the Vapor Blunt, Da Vinci, etc? What about all the new pen vapes?

If it takes batteries it takes a circuit board, that's just common sense. If it takes butane it takes a spark and a heating chamber.

And the CD player reference was that anything electronic like that always smell 'new'. This just lingers for a little longer until you heat it on 7 a good few times. Hell, even the silver Surfer tells you to do this to get rid of production garbage.

Additional: good luck finding a first gen Solo to get a headache from in the first place.

11. #12 CentiZen, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2012
    [quote name='"Rasta Haze"']Yes I have read all about the first gens. Before I bought it, I read all about 6 different portable vapes and made my decision, so you are only assuming I am 'blindly' defending anything.

I do and I don't get what you're trying to say though. Yes the SSV is ceramic and glass. And this is batteries and a circuit board. Well what do you call any other portable vape that doesn't run off butane like the other two Arizer models?

Like the Vapor Blunt, Da Vinci, etc? What about all the new pen vapes?

If it takes batteries it takes a circuit board, that's just common sense. If it takes butane it takes a spark and a heating chamber.

And the CD player reference was that anything electronic like that always smell 'new'. This just lingers for a little longer until you heat it on 7 a good few times. Hell, even the silver Surfer tells you to do this to get rid of production garbage.

Additional: good luck finding a first gen Solo to get a headache from in the first place.[/quote]

I'm assuming your blindly defending it because you are not making any proper arguments. It happened far beyond the first generation of the solo's and was a serious issue. Sure the other arizer models have PCB's (no batteries however, they aren't portable) , but not within centimeters of the element. Its incomparable.

As for the vapor blunt; the company behind it has already folded; and the davinci users thread over at fuck combustion is currently investigating ghost vapor production from empty units. New pen vapes? The circuit is on top of the battery and nowhere near the inhale point. The solo had more than just a like new smell for some people; it stunk. The whole community made a name for it; the robot fart. It was caused by the heater heating the heat shrink tubing till it outgassed, and honestly even though arizer handled it as best they could (sort of) there were still alot of affected units shipped to customers.

I am having a hard time believing we are even having this argument. I love my solo, even though I simply have to agree with darkrom there were flaws in the design and ways it could have been done better. He had a legitimate complaint which you ridiculed and called misinformation, even though alot of other experienced vaporists felt the same. Just read the fuckcombustion post and you will see why if you don't believe me. And perhaps then you will stop blindly defending it.

12. I can't believe it either. You are being circumstantial. With your logic, no vape that has batteries or a circuit board are safe. I didn't know the vapor blunt company folded so that was educational. But you're knocking everything I mentioned, and including every pen vape design as a whole like they are all identical.

So are you saying the current Solo's have ghost vapor or not? Are they dangerous or aren't they?

Because this thread is Solo or Da Vinci, and if you want to keep arguing health benefits that is the OP's decision at this point. Send him to FC, I don't want this back and forth crap - if health is a concern, say so, but I don't to keep playing debate club.

Now I understand you own one and enjoy it, so fine great. Back on point I still say get the Solo OP.

I've heard the Da Vinci gives you aids from the wires inside.

13. [quote name='"Rasta Haze"']I can't believe it either. You are being circumstantial. With your logic, no vape that has batteries or a circuit board are safe. I didn't know the vapor blunt company folded so that was educational. But you're knocking everything I mentioned, and including every pen vape design as a whole like they are all identical.

So are you saying the current Solo's have ghost vapor or not? Are they dangerous or aren't they?

Because this thread is Solo or Da Vinci, and if you want to keep arguing health benefits that is the OP's decision at this point. Send him to FC, I don't want this back and forth crap - if health is a concern, say so, but I don't to keep playing debate club.

Now I understand you own one and enjoy it, so fine great. Back on point I still say get the Solo OP.

I've heard the Da Vinci gives you aids from the wires inside.[/quote]

I definitely agree with getting the Solo, but the "robot fart" was a serious issue back then. I'm likely getting the Solo myself, but it certainly wasn't nothing to worry about. I'm quite satisfied they've taken care of the issue.

14. solo. I just made this decision and its fucking amazing

15. Do you want it for all-around vaping (including car/in public), or do you just want it for indoor use?

The DV is IMO a better all-around vape, it's good for any situation anywhere, has a better temp control, and is pocket sized.

The Solo is a better at home vaporizer because it gives MASSIVE hits for a "portable", might as well be an at home vape, but it has glass stems and is large, so it's really not all that portable.

16. Just want to reaffirm that in my opinion ALL davincis are off-gassing. Turn it on without anything in it and flip the lid up, turn the vape up to a good temp with a flashlight and you will see free vapor. You don't even have to put weed in.

I had one from 7 months ago that did this. Recently called customer support after taking forever they finally sent a new one. Ya the new one does the same thing. I called back and they current response is I don't know we will get back to you.

I don't want to see anybody duped into buying the POS davinci.

17. Pax if you have the money SOLO if you want

18. I have the solo and I love it

19. Solo everytime