volcano vaporizer questions before i buy

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by macattack128, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Hey everyone just joined grasscity looking forward to discussing my favorite hobby:smoke: with all of you.

I have been a daily smoker for a while now and I am finally planning on getting the volcano vaporizer. Now I'm sorry I know there are probably a bunch of threads on this already but I have searched some and not found exactly what I am looking for. Anyways here are a few questions I had.

1. Which is better the solid or easy valve. Now I know most people say it is a matter of preference but I have heard the easy valve looks cheap and leaks at times. I have also heard the solid valve does not fit in perfectly (when you put the bag into the vaporizer it doesn't lock just kind of sits there). Is this true and is it a problem?

2. Which do you guys prefer the digital or classic. I always throught I was going to get the digital but have heard many say they like the classic better. Any reason?

3. Lastly I don't know exactly how the bag systems work. I know with the easy valve you have to replace them after a certain number of uses or time. Can someone please give me a little more insight into how the solid valve bags work. Is there only one certain type of bag that works with the volcano. Hope this makes sense I'm a little medicated right now :)

Anyways any help with any of these questions would be appreciated or if anyone has a story about which volcano vaporizer they use I would love to hear about it. Thanks in advance guys.

2. #2 PajamaSam, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2012
    [quote name='"macattack128"']Hey everyone just joined grasscity looking forward to discussing my favorite hobby:smoke: with all of you.

I have been a daily smoker for a while now and I am finally planning on getting the volcano vaporizer. Now I'm sorry I know there are probably a bunch of threads on this already but I have searched some and not found exactly what I am looking for. Anyways here are a few questions I had.

1. Which is better the solid or easy valve. Now I know most people say it is a matter of preference but I have heard the easy valve looks cheap and leaks at times. I have also heard the solid valve does not fit in perfectly (when you put the bag into the vaporizer it doesn't lock just kind of sits there). Is this true and is it a problem?

2. Which do you guys prefer the digital or classic. I always throught I was going to get the digital but have heard many say they like the classic better. Any reason?

3. Lastly I don't know exactly how the bag systems work. I know with the easy valve you have to replace them after a certain number of uses or time. Can someone please give me a little more insight into how the solid valve bags work. Is there only one certain type of bag that works with the volcano. Hope this makes sense I'm a little medicated right now :)

Anyways any help with any of these questions would be appreciated or if anyone has a story about which volcano vaporizer they use I would love to hear about it. Thanks in advance guys.[/quote]

Fuck yes.. i have been waiting for a post like this lol

Let me first say i am a huge s&b fan, that said.. the solid valve sucks cock. S&b have stated on their site that the easy valve is actually designed as an upgrade for the solid valve because of all the problems with it..
    The solid valve comes with a lot of physical effort, not only is there more to clean, but the bags are a bitch. You have to take some "sheet-bag" rolled in a box like tinfoil, cut it, tie it off so it doesnt leak, and then attach it properly to the mouthpiece so that doesnt leak. If that wasnt bad enough, the solid valve leaks nonstop throughout the entire inflation process, simply because of the design... The loss is pretty small, but i wanted to cry when i saw the vape leaking from the bag for the first time...
    So...
    Edit: i forgot to address where you said the solid valve doesnt fit properly, and it doesnt. The easy has three clips which you really cant appreciate until youve knocked your solid valve bag over, one hundred times, but i digress. The three clips are durable and fix the problem perfectly.
    1. Obviously the easy valve. When i was buying my cano, i heard in the reviews that the easy valve is easy and the solid valve is harder, so like an idiot i thought,
    "well if its harder to use/maintain, itll be more rewarding and i dont want to look like a moron with the easy valve." So i shipped it with the solid, and like i said, i was so fucking upset, it really isnt that great. The one redeeming quality is that you can manually change the bag size, but on the easy you can just blow up more bags... So its pointless...
    Easy valve. Easy valve. Easy valve!
    I see you said it leaks too? The only time i have seen it leak is when i dont pull it off the valve fast enough and the pressure in the bag pushes the air out, but thats impossible to prevent mechanically, you just gotta be quick with your hands for like .5 seconds or deal with losing a little *poot* of vape.

2. Im going to say classic, i own the digital and i love it so much more than i think i would the classic cause being able to dial the temp i want is so much better than setting it to 6-6.5 and just staying there. The auto-off feature on the digital is a life saver too, i love it buuuuut..
    For one hundred dollars more, its really lacking to most people i think. Pretty much youre paying one hundred more for
    A. Digital read out
    B. Auto off feature
    C. More precise temperature control (in the sense that the digital can hold 380 degrees to ~2.5 degrees accurately, while the classic is only reliable for ~5)
    If you want to pay one hundred more for those three things, then do it. Otherwise invest that hundo in some dank or something, it would be much better.

Edit: Im sorry i shouldve read this through before posting... As for easy bag usage, s&b say one hundred uses for a bag, but i have used one bag far past that... I didnt count, but ive been using it recently every day on average four or five times, for abouta month and a half and the only reason i stopped using the bag was cause i threw it away on accident, but the only reason i would change the bag is because there was a hole or it connected loosely to the mouthpiece.
    The bag will get some honey on thr bottom of it, but thats really all that happens after 100 uses..

3. Well like i said before the solid valve comes in like an aluminum foil container. Then imagine a giant cylindrical cone of volcano bag, flattened out to look like paper, and rolled inside. It looks almost exactly like that ceran wrap that you use to store food with.

Then you take that, and measure how long you want your bag, cut it with scissors and then YOU have to find something to tie it with, i mean, a rubber band would do.. but thats just annoying as fuck to me, on top of it already leaking vapor 24/7 T_T

After you do that, you have to feed it through the mouthpiece and slip on the bag ring and youre good. Easy bags are 10$ ea, come with a new mouthpiece too and its well worth it... Trust me, youd pay ten bucks to have someone deal with tbe solid valve, its so frustrating..

Just my opinion, but i think you should get a easy, classic cano. Just as i mentioned before i, have a easy digital, but only cause im a consumer whore. Most people dont consider it worth it.

And dont forget s&b have the plenty too, which i also have and love to death.
    *sorry for any typoes, im on my phone*
    And welcome to GC :D

3. In before all the haters tell you to buy a different desktop vape

4. Dude thank you SOOOO much. You just made my decision easy. I have been going back and forth on which one to get over and over again. Just when I thought I made up my mind I would read something else online and switch my choice. Your post covered all the big concerns I had. I am def going to be getting the easy valve and I think i am going to get the digital just because I like that style and setting exact temps I can see. Thanks again I am stoked going to be ordering it Thurs.

Oh one last question. Has anyone ever bought a vaporizer from the ebay user easyvape. The reason I ask is I think I am going to purchase from there because it comes with the white key lock case and is the same price everywhere else except many others don't offer this key lock case.

5. [quote name='"macattack128"']

Dude thank you SOOOO much. You just made my decision easy. I have been going back and forth on which one to get over and over again. Just when I thought I made up my mind I would read something else online and switch my choice. Your post covered all the big concerns I had. I am def going to be getting the easy valve and I think i am going to get the digital just because I like that style and setting exact temps I can see. Thanks again I am stoked going to be ordering it Thurs.

Oh one last question. Has anyone ever bought a vaporizer from the ebay user easyvape. The reason I ask is I think I am going to purchase from there because it comes with the white key lock case and is the same price everywhere else except many others don't offer this key lock case.[/quote]

Ive heard things about him on here actually, i dont really know how good the credibility is unfortunately.. :/

And youre welcome brah, i love the s&b products and i feel like i have to retain that cause not a lot of people are fans as you can see above... Lol i just had fun typing about it :)

6. 1.

I've always had the solid valve. In my experience, the Solid valve fits well and leaks very little, the leaks are usually because i've made the bag badly or the mouthpiece is dirty, as opposed to the valve being badly made. My bags click on very well, the only problem is if you're using a big bag you'll have to hold it on once the bag starts getting full because it'll topple off the top of the Volcano. I've not used an easy valve enough to comment, but i've had a good experience with the solid valve and the few times i've used the easy valve in coffeeshops it seemed to be leaky and cheap, as you said, and left me thinking I had the better option at home. Though I really haven't used the easy valveenough to comment.

I have the classic, I just thought having a screen wasn't worth the extra money. My decision was purely to save money, I dunno how different the build quality is etc, but i've heard that because the digital has a lot more electronics in it it's less reliable, don't know how true that is though.

You buy the bag material in rolls (it's pretty cheap, I usually just buy the official stuff, though i'm sure other things work), and then you make bags to whatever size you want by cutting the roll. I'll be honest, it's not the easiest process replacing bags. You have to tie one end off and make it air tight, then wrap the other end around the valve and make that end airtight. If you use rubber bands and the ring thing they give you it's pretty easy, but it takes 5 or 10 minutes to make a bag when you start, you'll get better and quicker at it the more you practice, but at the start my early bags were pretty prone to leaks and they took a while to make. They give you a decent guide to replacing bags when you get a solid valve. I usually replace mine after a couple of weeks of heavy use, though if you're feeling lazy they can last longer than that.

I love my Volcano, I haven't regretted the amount of money I spent on it at all, and after a couple of years of daily use, it still works perfectly, i've never had a single problem with it. I've been using my Solo more of late because I got it recently, but I still have undying love for my Volcano.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks for the info guys. Now if I get the easy valve I could still pick up the solid valve later on down the road and it will still work with my volcano right? Don't have enough cash now but figure I might pick up the other one down the road.

8. #8 PajamaSam, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2012
    [quote name='"macattack128"']Thanks for the info guys. Now if I get the easy valve I could still pick up the solid valve later on down the road and it will still work with my volcano right? Don't have enough cash now but figure I might pick up the other one down the road.[/quote]

Yeah you can do that, thats what i did except opposite. I just use my solid valve as an herbal diffuser kind of. It leaks so much that its so pointless dude. I actually love the solid valve system, and the mouth piece is much better. Maybe i could shoot a video, and show you what it looks like. The balloon fills up, but vapor explodes out of the valve too.

Its your life so i dont care, but i strongly recommend just sticking with the easy valve. Its 100$ and i honestly think youll be disappointed. All up to you mah brotha :)

I used the solid valve system for like a week too while the easy valve was coming to my house, so its useable. Its really disheartening to see all the vape escaping though, and i can honestly say that the same amount of dank will last longer in an easy valve than a solid, but like i said its all preference. I did a lot of research and it seems that this is only a problem with the new solid valve. So if you could find the older ones from like 2008 or something, go right ahead, but you know where i stand :) haha

Jmo

Edit: The easy valve does look cheap cause it is! They are disposable, so you wouldnt want to detail them too much :/ like i said, the solid valve mouthpiece is much better, but i hate the leaks.

And i started noticing leaking after my fifth bag on like my second or first bowl, so if its cause its dirty... Im not sure id want to clean it that much anyway... Maybe ill scrub it down really good and try again, but everytime i have used it, its been a pain. With the easy valve you just use the heavy duty brush s&b gives you (which i love, i have like four and use them on all my vapes lol) and brush the screens after every bowl. After about 150x bags i just threw it away and got another...

All preference :p

9. ^^^Genuinely man, my solid valve leaks very little (and I think it might be a post '08 one), if at all if i've made the bag well and it's clean. Is/was yours really that bad?

10. [quote name='"420stonedpanda"']^^^Genuinely man, my solid valve leaks very little (and I think it might be a post '08 one), if at all if i've made the bag well and it's clean. Is/was yours really that bad?[/quote]

Yeah dude, id say half the vapor was going in the bag, the other half coming out.. i tried rubbing it down with hot water and it still did nothing.. maybe i should try less herb and cleaning with alcohol, but it was a huge disappointment for me. I also searched, and numerous people have reported the same issue as well. So im not sure :/

Edit: and i seriously used it like twice before it started leaking. I just assumed its been leaking since the first time i used it

11. I'll give you another perspective - maybe it will help.

I've used both the Solid Valve AND the Easy Valve, the Easy Valve wins HANDS DOWN. First of all with the EZ Valve you can have multiple bags filled at the same time, you can't do that with a solid because of the mouthpiece, unless you have multiple mouth pieces.

Also the clip on feature is very very nice.

It's pretty simple to replace the bags for the EZ Valve too, I've only EVER purchased one set of bags, I reuse all the parts of each one EXCEPT for the bag itself. I do need to get a replacement set though sooner than later, the rubber pieces are starting to wear out.

Replacement bags can be bought in the roll from S&B OR you can just buy Reynolds Turkey Bags from your grocery store - they're like $3 for 2 bags that are adequate size and easy to mount

hope that helps

As for digital vs. Classic - The classic will last longer due to the lack of complicated electronics that control the temperature. Those panels will wear out before the rest of your volcano.

12. Thanks for all the replies. Already love this forum. I am going to be getting the easy valve. Now I just got to make up my mind if I want the classic or digital. Personally I like the look of the digital better but I dunno if I want to spend the extra on it. Il have to sleep on it.