Solo or Da Vinci?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by purplemudkip, Apr 24, 2012.

1. So I'm gonna be off probation in 51 days, and that means I'm buying a new vaporizer to celebrate. I used to have an Extreme Q but sold it so it would get some use out of it rather than collecting dust in my closet for the past 10 months. I've read about the Arizer Solo which seems like something I'd want. But I've also read about the Da Vinci which seems like it has a good reputation but I want to know which one you guys think I should get.

2. I've got a Solo and I really like it a lot. It gives me better hits than the Iolites, mflb's and a couple other portables I've tried. The DaVinci is pretty new and there really aren't a lot of reviews by users yet BUT everything I've seen has been pretty positive. I like it a lot so far. The one thing that I do think is a negative for the DaVinci when comparing to the Solo is the battery. The life isn't real great compared to the Solo. So now that you know where my head is at on the whole thing, I say get the Solo. Reason being the previously mentioned battery, the positive reputation of the Solo compared with the positive hopes for the DaVinci. The DaVinci seems like it will be real legit competition for the Solo and I'm thinking that eventually talking DaVinci and Solo will be like talking DBV, EQ, and SSV. All good and all fairly equal with their own individual perks.

3. I'm quite a DV fanboy. It was the first vape I've bought and having owned it for about a month now, I'll say I'm not ready to try another.

The battery life is a little bit of a bummer, but I've found some workarounds (I shut the heating element off if I'm taking a little break). I also charge while using it as well.

The positives: I like the durability. I'm clumsy and have dropped mine quite a few times and no problems except a minor grass stain. I love the feel of it and the vapor is thick.

Two of my buddies who still aren't quite on the vapor train yet like it and would consider buying it for their first vapes. A good friend who loved mine just bought his own DaVinci and has fallen in love as well.

I'm still trying to find the best way to clean it out and wish the door to the little storage compartment was a little easier to open. Those are small nitpicky things though.

I've heard a lot of great things about the Solo too, but haven't had a chance to try it yet and see if it compares.

4. Mmk, yeah I'd like to hear from someone who's tried both of them.

5. Anyone else have any input?

6. [quote name='"purplemudkip"']Anyone else have any input?[/quote]

yes I would say solo for now the DV is real new still and there are a ton of accessories for the solo. planetvape has GonG and stealth adapters and more stuff on the way. Eds TnT will have some wooden stems with stainless bowls coming soon.

7. #7 Highnstein, May 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2012
    I love the Solo accessories. Sadly, I'm thinking of selling it because I own an Omicron and maybe buying a desktop vape. The Solo is absolutely fantastic. Here is some eye candy!

[​IMG]

8. Nothing like hitting the Solo through a resiny piece, sadly I've done the same

What other accessories do you have? I'll take them off your hands if you want

Shoot me a PM if interested

9. So it seems like the only advantages the DaVinci has are longer battery life and stealth. If I'm anal about charging it and put the Solo in a cup and hit it through a straw, that's stealthy as fuck

SOLO IT IS :D

Unless anyone wants to persuade me otherwise.

10. I'm going away to college at a hick town in the middle of Butt-fuck, Nowhere. Stealth is top priority.