Underground solar powered flourescent grow.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by heedtheweed, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Since I live in a city with no real woods and I live with my parents. I can't grow in any conventional way. I can't go outdoors and I can't go indoors. I can't grow up in a tree. So I can't go in, out or up :mad: so my final option is to go down :D .

Is it possible to power 300 watts of flourescent lighting using a solar panel and a rechargeable car battery? I don't really care about cost or yield. The free weed should pay for itself in the long run.

2. Yes, it is POSSIBLE, but you will need massive solar panels. 300 W running off a 12 V supply would draw a current of 25 amps. Batteries are by no means 100% efficient in storing energy, so your panels will have to produce considerably more current than this.

The cost will be ASTRONOMICALLY unrealistic - much cheaper to buy your stuff.

3. What if instead of using 300 watts of flourescent light I use 100-300 watts of blue and red energy efficient LED lighting?