Tissue Culture / Micropropagation

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Berry, Feb 9, 2012.

1.      I've been interested in Micropropagation for a long-while.

My idea is to skip the "Known" Medium and move back to the "Earth/Soil" to see about Micro-Propagation, like that found in common yard weed problems.  Like, when you mow your yard that's full of weeds, then you use your Mower on a Brand Spankin New Yard, and now the explant of all the weeds transplants itself and regenerates in the new yard.

The one idea that I do like a lot about using Agar/MS is that the New Generation is now disease free.

The second ideas that I like a lot about using the "Known" Medium, is a fact that you can make certain plants either Male or Female.  I don't know how exactly, but I found it somewhere within the Top-Ten Search Results on Bing.  Great interests for the Cannabis Growers and Breeder Communitys.

The third interest in Micro-Propagating Plant Tissue-Culture, is a far-fetched idea.  Having the ability to regenerate Plants that have died.  I think this Projekt would require a lot of Mycoorhzal Fungi.  But, I don't know. 

Also, Plant Regeneration from Explant/Tissue-Culture would be a New, Disease-Free Generation of the Plant. 

My two-cents.  Have at it!

2. Hi Berry...and everybody else following his thread!  I recently started following this thread and was so caught up on the upcoming developments.  Any news? At what point are you?  Just hoping this thread didn't end :).

http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2013/781282

4. I recently made a few liters of some gelling agents and mixed in a vitamin growing medium and some sucros. I topped two plants and dropped the samples in 1 oz jars. This was over a week ago and the samples are still super green. Not sure what to do now.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Probably wait

6. What I'm unsure of is the sucrose ratio per liter. I just mixed equal parts sucrose and vitamin medium.

7. I just found this thread the other day. Anyone care to post up what's been going on with your developments in the proccess? I have a few more items to pick up and get going with my veggies via tissue culture. Berry has not responded to any more posts in this thread, it seems.

Has anyone located any good site that lists the plant tissue culture protocols of various plant species. Like a cook book, but for plants.

8. You might be able to find at least a little something here as far as information goes: http://www.phytotechlab.com/searchresult.aspx?categoryid=26

9. #150 thislittleniggarighthere, Nov 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2014
    Damn, what a brilliant idea. I just had a Wonder Woman sprout die because the stem broke somehow. I have more WW seeds, but what if I didn't. There are some strains that I'm going to start growing and only have one seed of. Since micropropagation could be carried out from a singe cell, I don't see why you couldn't clip a leaf in the first week or two for an insurance sample. As far as bringing back plants that have died, and this is a purely speculated hypothesis, I think you would have to get your tissue sample while the plant is still alive/dying. Dead tissue is dead and, I would imagine, can't carry out any biological functions like processing sugar.

10. No problem. The sample in the pic I posted is sitting one of the gelling agents from their sample pack and their MS medium.

11. So the two samples that I had in solutions finally started to brown and turn the solution a shitty color so I threw them out. I really want to get this practice down though.

12. Tissue culture sounds great but there are draw backs that most people know nothing about. One thing that cannabis has going for it is its speed. Its a fast growing plant but tissue culture is very slow, to get from stage 1 to stage 3 ( plants with roots) can take 3 months so imagine it takes you 3 month's for clones this just does not fly. But having said that there are advantages it takes up very little space I can have 200 plants on one shelf of a chrome rack, and you don't have to water them. I have been doing tissue culture for about 8 months now and have yet to find a protocol for rooting that works , I can get them through 2 stages but not to stage 3 I cant get them to root. Oh well I will keep trying.

13. How have things gone in the world or cannabis PTC?

• Like Like x 1
  14. I'm embarking on this journey as a new chapter in my grow life, any input and direction is much appreciated

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. at what temp do you store the plant material untill you are ready to grow it

16. i need specifics temp& light

17. im in, i should have found this years ago