outdoor woods grow question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Photosythetic, Jun 23, 2006.

1. hey everyone! i was wondering about how much care an outdoor plant NEEDS not how much potential it has cuz im just looking to make seeds for next years grow. its gonna be in the woods and its right next to a small stram wich i think will be good cuz if i plant em right next to the stream i think the roots will reach the water and have a good water supply. I am however worried about flooding i dont know how far to plant from the water so the roots will recieve constant wetness but will not be killed by flooding. another problem is that the roots wont o too deep because its a small plant: lowryder. i'm gonna be gone for a month and i mad the mistake of putting seeds in between paper towels yesterday so there's no turning back and they were $60 USD for 10 seeds so if i plant em there will they grow wild? thanks a lot! btw i live in northern NJ in case you were wondering about the climate.
    -josh

2. what about the light supply? i wanna plant in the woods but im scared of the amount of light im able to get.

3. sounds like a good grow site, no chance of getting raided, now, you have to worry about the ground soil, if it's fertile then dig a large hole and churn it up, if it's bad and clay like, then add organic potting soil, you may need to dig down 3 ft to see where the water table stands, if it's three feet then you should be good and never have to do maintenance, such as watering, but watch out because it's summer and it's probably lowered, so come september, october, the table may rise, could cause root rot and such, so it's all really common sense, good luck.

4. thanks ill go down there and do an inspection lol... find a spot along the stream that has a lot of other plants like weeds and shit... ill rip em out and kill em cuz that soil will be the fertile stuff and because its in the wild and not in a pot i wont have to worry about nutrient defeciencies in the soil, it replenishes itself:D

5. tell me about the light supply because i need to knwo

6. well it needs AT LEAST 8 hours a day during the vegative stage and then about the same when flowering, well... not mine cuz i have lowryder which is autoflowering (light and dark time doesnt matter) just make sure that from all of the perimeter of the woods you cant see the grow spot. find a clearing to plant in, adequate light, no one sees except from above, etc. as long as you get the right amount of light in ur grow spot itll be fine but remember, every plant and every environment are different.:hello:

7. You need good daylight, not necessarily direct sunshine falling on the plant. That is how they manage to grow outdoors in the UK - very few days with 8 hours of sunlight without clouds.

8. the more direct light, the more foliage and branch growth, less direct sunlight will result in main stem growth, you'll end with tall plants with huge spacing between nodes, not very yield sufficient if you ask me, direct sun is best, not necessarily 8 hours, but atleast 4.

9. Ive never found the so called , roots reach the water table and supply it with enough water to live without me having to water it deal to actually work. hell ive got some right now directly on an island in the middle of a creek i mean 4 inches above the water line and i still have to water it. example A: i water my plants at least once a week if it rains i water them in a week ,after the rain the creek plants make it about 3 more days without me watering them until the soil dries..hope that helps:cool:

10. i dont agree with the lazy aproach to growing outdoors, growing next to streams, ponds or any mass of water is asking for trouble if you ask me. sure you may well get it right, but its a fine line between being succesful and fucking it up. if the area floods you're gonna get stem rot, if the roots are in constant wet ground you're gonna get root rot, or even if it isnt totally wet ground the plant will grow slower and yield less because the roots will not absorb enough oxygen. if someone finds a fool proof way of getting around watering their plants then let me know untill then i'll grow in my current location year after year and water them everyday. the bud will taste that much sweeter knowing that i have put the work in :D

p.s
    sorry for chatting on and on

11. Agree, what you get out is proportional to what you get in.

Now this is where the guy comes along and says he threw a handful of seeds in a field, did nothing, and got loads of bud.

12. Yeah I plan on moving my seedlings to a wooded are near a stream on my vacation property in upstate NY which is very close to where you're growing. My place is where northern NJ, PA and NY all meet. Soil is pretty high in clay down towrds the lake, but I think up the hill where the stream is its alot more like compost from the constant build up of eaves and pine needles so hopefully it should be good. A little rocky, but like you, I don't need a big yield per plant because I can plant virtually as many as I want.

13. hey, have u guys seen my plants by any chance? most are in the ground with constant water supply due to high water table, there already 4 ft, hah, and u guys say it's proportional and lazy. lazy in my opinion is way better when your growing large amounts, do i have the time to water all my 200 plants? no i dont, as long as im getting the same results as watering everyday, im happy as can be, call me lazy, my plants are larger then all of yours for this time of year. i never watered them for a month and they were fine, ive only recently started fertilizing, only for extra nutrients, not for lack of water. so its really up to you man, but i'd say ground is best, even if your needing to water, they'll need sufficiently less, and it'll dry out alot slower.

14. as soon as i saw a post by jonster i knew exactly what it would say... self rightous bullshit bla bla bla...

the replies on this thread have been about growing next to a stream or river, im sure the earth would be a lot wetter there than where you are. maybe your area is ideal for the constant of water because of a high water table. i did say it was possible just not next to rivers where the ground would sure enough be water logged and sufficient growth would be hindered.

also how could you POSSIBLY know that your plants are bigger than everyone elses????? no matter what anyone says YOU are the exception to the rule. you can always do it bigger and better than everyone else. in fact i dont know why youre a member of GC because you obviously dont need any advice on anything

15. Tht is why the silly asshole is on my ignore list, I don´t get to read his babbling on.

16. spanishfly and fisher, dont ever reply to me or anyone else involving me again, suck it up and quit ur bitching, learn some information and get out, dont pick little bits of thhing's i say that you personally dont like, fucken enough already, little kids you sound like.

17. good, your on the right track, but i'd suggest putting a little bit of organic soil in the mix as well, and also you'll need to fertilize, the nutrients in the fertile soil is good, but not rich, ferting is a choice, helps your plants grow so i'd suggest it. good luck and post some pics.

18. Well actually it doesnt have anything to do with the water table, the water table in summer falls way below anything that will reach it in my area as well as most , i mean trees die in summer because of lack of water and if a 45 foot tree cant reach it im sure a 5 foot pot plant wont, the reason creeks and streams are good is because thats where most of the water goes..ie: rain to storm drains to creeks to rivers to ocean to evaporation and back to rain .... and im all up for the lazy approach well maybe laziness has nothing to do with it, its more like the less visits i make less chance i have of going to JAIL!!! ..jail= not good ... and also the helicopters target creeks/rivers/small ponds in the woods etc... and 6 of mine are 5 1/2 foot now and thats with 5 to 7 hours of light a day :wave:

19. ok, whatever this guy sais, he seems to know his shit, bahhhahahaha.

do you have pics or a journal to back up anything that you said? why would anyone in their right mind want to lie. i grow right next to an airport, it's very unlikely to get caught growing outside, by helicopter or whatever.

20. Yet you go and make a post about it?