Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Moldy weed D: (pics)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Nikolai90, Feb 6, 2012.

1. If I was you I would try to salvage as much of that as possible.Just remove all the moldy spots and proceed to :hippie:

2. im not gunna lie if you sold that to me i wouldnt even know and id get mad sick and think you put rat poison in it ;D

3. Ehh I'd smoke it

4. edibles

5. Its really moist and soft....Gross I gotta just throw it out. was like 3.5g's too :(

6. Yep remove it, it does not seem like there is that much, but it was a little hard to see in the pics. It probably would not harm you to smoke it since the heat of buring it would kill the mold and the spores but there is still a chance it could make you sick. Just get a magnifying glass and some tweezers.

(Edit) Also show your guy and tell him you want some store credit or something.

7. I still have a sack someone gave me with some mold! I dunno if people are getting stupid or lazy but theres been wayyyyy more of that going around, where I'm from at least , than I've evverrrr seen before.

I ripped off the visual mold but some nuggies you bust open have mold inside all the way to the stem, some were good but still I don't smoke it, basically is there anything its good for after that or just part ways? It's Kush!

8. Mail it to me forreal man, I'm low on cash

9. This might be horrible advice, so please disregard trying it, but perhaps an ozone generator would kill the mold and oxidize the toxins (if present) making it more/less safe to smoke.. combined with a water bong, you would be good too go.. Would probably convert much of the thc into secondary cannabinoids though.. who knows :shrug:

10. Where about in Canada are you from? haven't seen any here (30 mins east of Toronto)

11. #13 BlazinKhan, Feb 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2012
    before you throw it out you could try:

Water Cure

Unlike other curing methods, the water cure is performed after the marijuana is dried. Powder and small pieces are most often used, but the cure also works with whole colas. The material is piled loosely in a glass or ceramic pot which is filled with luke-warm water. (When hot water is used, some of the THC is released in oils, which escape and float to the top of the water.) Within a few hours many of the non-psychoactive water-soluble substances dissolve. An occasional gentle stirring speeds the process. The water is changed and the process repeated. Then the grass is dried again for smoking.

THC is not water-soluble; so it remains on the plant when it is soaked. By eliminating water-soluble substances (pigments, proteins, sugars, and some resins), which may make up 25 percent of the plant material by weight, this cure may increase the concentration of THC by up to a third.

Marijuana cured by this method has a dark, almost black colour, and looks twisted and curled, something like tea leaves. The water cure is frequently used to cure dried fan leaves and poor-quality grass.

"water cure is known to remove mold and other nasty stuff from ur buds but keeps the thc"

I've never tried this so i duno if it would work or not...was reading elsewhere and found to try this

12. Make edibles. Dont let that bud go to waste!

13. Qwiso that shit, definitely the safest way without getting to chemical

14. I do not think that water curing would work here, I think it might make it worse.

15. Will it work even do its moldy? I don't want to get sick.

My friend is being a asshole telling me its just crystals

16. [quote name='"Nikolai90"']

Will it work even do its moldy? I don't want to get sick.

My friend is being a asshole telling me its just crystals[/quote]

Yes.

And no tell that ***** you got weed experts who analyzed that shit online

17. If you want to be 100% sure, throw that shit out..

You can use a magnifying glass to inspect the mold and try to across reference/identify it and see if it's toxic.. bonus points if you use a petri dish to help you. 99% sure it's not. I can guarantee you won't die, the byproducts of most toxic molds would become inert when combusted.. it's not even that much really.

hope this makes sense... too tired to type.

18. Tell his ass crystals are not that big and they do not clump together to form white spots.