Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tolerance with edibles

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by gangeefried718, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Does ones tolerance go up quicker when eating cannabis? :confused:

What Im getting at is ...

Can you eat an edible on a daily basis and still get high, or should you wait a day or two between edibles?

2. you must have read my mind because i was about to start a similar thread!

I never eat them on a daily basis so i can't tell. But i am planning to do this during a holiday and i would like to know if tolerance rises as quickly as some people say it does. I've read about someone talking about tincture. He said in a period of 5 days he had to triple his dose (from 2ml to 6ml) and didn't even get the same effect.

I find it hard to believe your tolerance goes up that fast, but maybe more regular eaters can shed some light.

3. One thing to think about when asking this question is that potency in the Cannabis used to create oil, budder, or tincture, has a direct impact on the potency of your final edible product.
    Obviously other factors influence the results as well, such as the addition of lechetin and the type of triglyceride chain used as the solvent.
    When consuming edibles, metabolization occurs through either lymphatic absorption or in your liver. Lymphatic absorption of cannabinoids requires more time for you to feel the effects than if metabolic action occurred in your liver. Absorption in the liver, facilitated by the use of medium chain triglyceride "cannabinoid carriers", yields a longer lasting, more intense 'buzz' and also requires less time for the patient to feel the effects of consumption.

I'm not nearly educated enough on this topic to give you a supremely confident answer but I thought I should interject some of this information to try to help steer the search for answers in the right direction.

I hope this helps, and if any of the above information is false or inaccurate, please make any/all needed corrections!
    Collaboration is a wonderful thing!

4. That may have been my post on the tincture. At least I have had a very similar experience.

If I use very modest amounts of tincture to supplement smoking it isn't as bad, but when tincture is the main buzz and smoking is just to round things off tolerance goes up quickly.I relate it to the stories of medical users who don't get much of a buzz from large doses of edibles.

I would say start small and plan on upping the dose 75-100% each day from the day before.

5. I guess what I want to know is ... how long should one wait between doses.

Is it similar to psychedelics, and you should wait a minimum of 5-7 days between doses

:confused:

My main reason for asking is because
    my mother will be going through chemo soon
    and I need to know how to prepare her brownies

will she be able to eat a brownie daily?

or will she need to supplement with a vaporizer?

6. Beyond my experience. From what I understand she will probably get some relief but the buzz will degrade quickly. Try the medical forum for advice. Also, if you can afford it, look into Rick Simpson oil.

7. I'd say just bake a ton of extra brownies. If they aren't finished, enjoy yourself :D.