Man for as many people that are on here you'd think more would reply!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by APalmer, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Well I heard from this guy that acts like he knows everything (If you know what I mean!) I was telling him that I didn't keep my males, that I was just growing females. He begins to tell me that it doesn't matter male, female because when I top them they will all be male. What the hell is he talking about?? When do I have to top my plants out. How much do I take off of it? What will happpen if I don't top it out... I got some
    Jack's Classic
    water-soluble
    organic plant food
    from J.R. Peters, Inc.
    Blossom Booster
    10-30-20
    What are your feeling about using this for the flowering stage?well hopefully I'll get serveral opinions about this I know their are alot of growers out here.

2. DO NOT top/cut/trim your plant during flowering, you want your plant to concentrate on bud production, not repairing itself. Also, if a plant is female, it cannot just "change" to male. Genetics are determined at a certain point in the plants life. If it's female, topping it cannot change its gender. However topping it too early in it's life, may cause the plant to be a male, because you stressed it out during the early stages. However topping it early isint a guarentee that it will be male, it just increases the chances that it will become a male when its gender is determined.

Hope this helps.

- Vince

P.S. You dont ever have to top your plants if you dont want to, in some strains, topping increases your yield, in some strains it wont. Topping it will cause two new branches to grow in place of what you cut off.

3. So what do you think Vincent16 about these questions?

4. What are you talking about Spanishfly? I wasn't referring to you in any way shape or form. This is a good friend of mine and I tell him he's a big know-it-all to his face. I just don't think he's correct about this one.

5. hahahaha sorry laughing too much to give advice atm be back later.

6. I guess I miss what is so funny

7. if you top too much you can stress it to go hermie. that could be what hes talking about?

8. this person is probably on crack and you need to get him into a treatment center as soon as possible..

topping ur plants will not turn them male thats crazy talk

9. Quite, and I should hope not.

You totally misread my last post, so to avoid any further confusion I have deleted it.

10. I don't know what I miss read but okay. I just didn't want you up set. I didn't know if you were meaning that inside growers are the oned that top out and that you wishhed they;d stop giving advice to outside growers

11. Sorry for my reply last night, tell your friend he is a moron that should stop giving out crappy advice. You dont "need" to top your plants at all if you dont want to, and the idea behind topping is that you pinch the new growth off the top and it will stop growing upwards for a while and concentrate of growing outwards from the internode below, so where you topped it you will have 2 stems instead of 1and if you top those 2 you will have 4 growth points instead of 2, you do those 4 you got 8 instead of 4, catching my drift?

At the end of the day its upto the grower how he wants to grow is plants and you know whats best for yours whether it be, Scrog'ing, fimming, lst, topping or just leaving it to grow natural. Do you want a shorter bush with alot more budsites but smaller buds? or a christmas tree like plant with just 1 big main bud and a few tiny lower ones?