Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I Need Some Help With Hash Oil (pic)

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by SammySess, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Hey guys,

I am currently in the process of making my fourth ever batch of Hash oil, using ISO and a hot water bath.

I filtered the ISO bud mixture through a fine mesh sieve and then a coffee filter. The coffee filters seem to have collected a kief like substance at the bottom (a LOT - the bud was dank)

I just want to know, is the residue left over in the filter hash or just no good plant matter? I feel as though the alcohol might have taken the THC CBD oils out of it, so is it worth smoking once its dry?

Thanks bladez ;)

2. Im talking about extracting the oil from the bud using 99.9% Isopropyl alcohol to get hash oil. After i washed the bud gently with the alcohol in a jar for 2 minutes i poured the mixture out into another jar straining it with a sieve so no plant matter would be in there.

I then poured the filtered alcohol into a coffee filter to further purify it but i was left with a kief-like residue at the bottom of the filter, all i want to know is, can i smoke it and will it get me high lol

Heres a photo i just took:

[​IMG]

thanks!

3. #3 NorthWestBud, Feb 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2012
    As long as that comes from cannabis and the iso is dry i'd say smoke it and find out. just do it when you're completely sober and lookin for that tip over the edge, this may or may not be potent.

The only way anyone here would know is if (1. They've had a similar story and used my mentioned method (2. Someone made a thread about it.

You had a batch of hash oil come from this right?

Edit: Post a picutre of the oil. This looks mostly plant material like. May or may not have trich's.

4. [quote name='"jerry420seinfel"']

LMAO...sorry, bout how bout this dumb ass...you smoke and let us know.[/quote]

Really? Don't be like that its not cool.

Op you left the bud in the alcohol for too long. I usually let it sit for 10-15 seconds and shake for 20-25 seconds then strain the plant material immediately. You wanna get it outta the alcohol asap so you don't pick up a lot chlorophyl. That's why some yours looks kinda green.

To answer your question though totally its kief. Or atleast that's what I smoke it as haha

5. #5 NorthWestBud, Feb 4, 2012
    In your first post you say you have no fucking idea what he is talking about. And in your second (which coincidentally is the only post here that doesn't make sense.) you give advice on a subject you admitted to not understanding.

Am i right? NO ADVICE NEEDED! Thanks for wasting my internet tubes :smoke:

6. #6 SammySess, Feb 4, 2012
    Thanks guys i will smoke it when its dry from the alcohol and let yall know - just goin to scrape up the oil!

And Jerry... i see the flaws in your character.

7. How did the oil turn out?

8. Oil turned out great! Super sticky (stickiest ive been able to yield) heres a photo - very nice and amber meaning very little chlorophyl resulting in a clean product/smoke!

Im about to go take a 'wake and bake' dab, give the report soon!

[​IMG]

9. Nice work man! what was the bud-to-oil-ratio outcome?

10. The ratio i used was about 22 grams of buds and yielded about 5 or 4 grams of oil in the batch u see up there. That was made with two washes of ISO.

I have a third batch still evaporating off the alcohol in another pyrex dish which i will scrape off later today, although the quality of the C batch will be much less due to the fact that the third batch was washed in alcohol aggressively for longer. This will probably yield a much greener looking oil due to the chlorophyl.

I have to wait and see how much oil the last batch contains to tell u roughly how much was made but altogether there should be around 6 grams of oil or so.

11. Just hit a dab out the skillet in my bong.... HOLYYYY SHIT!!!!!! I did NOT expect to get THIS high! WAAAY more potent than the other oils ive made... SUPER HAPPY!!! :D :D

:smoke:

12. Nice i can almost taste it!

I saw another batch where you did a 30 second wash. was the longer wash this time worth it?

13. The longer wash is waaay worth it, much cleaner taste and its potent az fuckkk i havent hit any bud just oil today and i feel like im on some potent edibles and bud at the same time lol

14. you should use a t shirt or panty hose instead of coffe filter, i think it is better