plastic wrap green house?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by newbie01, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Alright, so I have been reading up on everything related to growing marijuana. I have read some things on cloneing and it says to make it like a little green house on the inside of the planters and i was wondering if you could do this same concept with a rectangular box covered with a layer of plastic wrap and set ontop of a young plant. Would this be worth the effort in health of the plant and the yeild?

2. yeah. when you take clones, humidity is crucial to their survival. They have no root system, so you need to keep the environment near 100% humid for the to live.

Another way you can do it is to cut the top off of a 2L soda bottle and flip it over and place on over the plant. Cut a couple small holes in the top.

3. I just put a plastic bag over a pot, secured with a rubber band.

4. Don't clones have to be grown inside in a system. How could you grow them outside and have them in a bag? Won't they sufficate since the bag wouldn't stand solely on its own causing it to smash the plant some? I am just asking. Not trying to piss anyone off. How do you take off a clone is that something you do at the end right before you pull the plant for harvest or right brfore it begins to flowering? And I would just like to know this information not be treated like I'm a dumbass for asking.

5. I put my clones in compost, under a plastic bag to keep the humidity very high, under a mini fluoro, until they root.

Then they go outside.

6. Can you take clones without using a root compound?

7. It is not hard to obtain. You too mean to spend a few cents???

8. ive been wondering this also.... i tried it once with out a hormone and they died.. also my plants are starting to flower... (out side) and they just have one flower on each side of the node. is it to late for me to make a clone.. and if not would it be worth anything in the long run.?...

man im so pissed i just noticed my plant had fallen over during the day and is wilted.. we hit 110 degrees today.. hope itll be ok