6 weeks now, pics

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by shadymonk3327, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Started them about 6 weeks ago, bag seed(don't know strain, but it was the best f*ckin' fire mids i've ever had) Here are th pics, enjoy. O and if anyone can tell me if they are ready to be topped, and give me the link to a thread about topping, please. Thanks

2. i'm retarded and forgot th epics, here you go.

3. there was a processing error on teh pics, now take a look

Attached Files:

4. Cool bud It looks like stiva strain.

5. looks pretty nice

6. Thats most definitly an indica strain, sativas tend to have long thin "pointy finger" leaves. The fat leaves are indica, and ruderalis is supposedly similar to sativa appearance, but i'm not sure.

- Vince

7. i dunno man, maybe its a hybrid but it looks more sativa to me, i have 3 2-week old indicas that have leaves that are fat as hell, way fatter than those even. thats most def sativa

8. Aren´t ALL commercial strains of MJ some kind of hybrid??

The developed and interbred strains we have now are as far from the original C. sativa and C. indica as all the varied breeds of dog are from wolves and wild dogs.

9. That isn't indica I got some of that too and there leaves are fat as hell like two and half times fatter. Its definetly sativa.

10. its def sativa, indica has fat leaves , as everyone has said, i got sativa at my house, looks exactly like this

Heres a article i liked

Note i did not write this

What is the difference between Indica and Sativa?

Scientifically (and legally), all cannabis is Cannabis Sativa L..
    In practice, Indica and Sativa are the names used to distinguish each end of the cannabis 'spectrum'. There are a multitude of different growth-patterns, qualities and effects within this spectrum, most of which are a result of cannabis' remarkable ability to adapt to its environment. Genetically, and in terms of interbreeding, all cannabis is in the same family.

INDICA:

Most Indica varieties come from southern Asia and the Indian subcontinent (Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Tibet, Nepal, etc.).

Indicas are compact and stocky, with dense, heavy, fragrant buds. Indica buds tend to grow in clusters, with varying amounts of space (known as 'internode space') between each cluster.

Indicas are the faster flowering varieties, usually with a flowering time of 6 to 9 weeks.

Indicas do not tend to gain height rapidly once flowering has begun. An Indica may be expected to gain between 50 and 100% of its vegetative height by the end of its flowering period.

The effect of Indica is generally classified as a 'stone', meaning that it is more centred on the body. It may enhance physical sensations such as taste, touch and sound. It has a relaxing effect - mentally and physically - and may be soporific in larger doses.

SATIVA:

Sativas generally originate in the equatorial regions - Thailand, Cambodia, Jamaica, Mexico, etc.

Given the same conditions, Sativas grow taller than Indicas. Sativa buds tend grow larger than Indica, as they run along the length of a branch instead of clustering around the internodes. However, they will usually weigh less than Indica when dry, due to their lower density. Sativa buds also tend to have a less striking odour, both when growing and when dry.

Sativas take longer to flower. They will usually need between 9 and 12 weeks to finish blooming. However, they need far less vegetative time BEFORE flowering than Indicas. So the overall time required for Sativas is about the same as for Indicas (and sometimes less in terms of 'light hours')

Sativas will usually continue to gain height while flowering, often gaining 200%, 300% or more of their vegetative height while flowering. This is because around the equator there is not so much difference in the number of daylight hours between winter and summer. Therefore, Sativas in their native environment will grow and flower at the same time. For this reason indoor growers should not allow a Sativa too much vegetative growth before inducing flowering. When growing from clones, many Sativa varieties may be flowered as soon as the clone has rooted.

Despite their lower weight and potentially longer flowering time, Sativas are valued by many growers for their 'high' effect. This high may be characterized as cerebral, energetic, creative, giggly or even psychedelic. It is less overpowering than the Indica 'stone', and less likely to send the user to sleep.

What is the difference between Indoor, Indoor/Greenhouse and Outdoor strains?

- INDOOR strains are generally only intended for indoor growing with artificial light. The optimal light conditions available indoors will allow these strains to reach their full potential.
    It is possible to grow these strains outdoors if you live in a warm, sunny climate, such as the Southern hemisphere, equatorial regions, the tropics and subtropics.

- INDOOR / GREENHOUSE strains are suitable for the widest range of growing conditions. They may be grown indoors with artificial lights just as successfully as the regular Indoor strains.
    In the Northern European spring and summer, they may be grown in a greenhouse with just the power of the sun.
    In Southern Europe and beyond they may also be grown outdoors with great success.

- OUTDOOR strains are those that may be grown outside in spring/summer, even in Northern Europe. Of course, these varieties will also flourish elsewhere, but their hardiness and early-flowering tendencies will allow them to ripen even in a short, cool summer. All Sensi Seeds Outdoor varieties are able to finish flowering by September or early October.

Which are the best strains for beginners?

Sensi Seeds usually advises the compact Indica varieties for the beginner grower, especially the Skunk strains: Hindu Kush® , Afghani# 1® , Northern Lights® , Black Domina® , Sensi Skunk® , Skunk #1® , Superskunk® , Shiva Skunk® , Skunk Kush® .
    These are particularly fast, vigorous and powerful mostly-Indica hybrids.
    There are also Indica/Sativa hybrids - such as Silver Pearl® and Marley's Collie® - that retain the simpler Indica growing pattern.

On our website and in our current catalogues you will find clear descriptions of all Sensi seed strains, data on harvest time and potential yield. All strains particularly suitable for the beginner grower are marked with a 'Best for beginners' icon.
    Click here for more information on picking the right strain for your growing circumstances: Helping you to make your choice.

Which strains are your fastest / biggest yielding / most compact?

Nearly all Sensi Seeds Indica and mostly-Indica varieties fall into the fast/heavy/compact category, with certain strains being particularly good performers. Big Bud® and Fruity Juice® (Indica/Sativa) would be two of our heaviest yielding varieties with a flowering time of 10 weeks or less.
    However, the faster, slightly lower yielding varieties such as Northern Lights® , the various Skunk strains, Maple Leaf Indica® and other Afghanis may prove to be better producers over time. This is because their 7 to 8 week flowering time could allow a whole extra harvest per year.

Which strains are your most powerful?

The Sativa 'high' and the Indica 'stone' are difficult to compare in terms of power. The immediate hit and rich taste of an Indica may seem more powerful initially; a Sativa may have a subtler, yet far more profound effect.
    Therefore, it is necessary to define the most powerful in each category:

SATIVA
    Jack Herer®
    Mother's Finest®
    Northern Lights #5 x Haze®
    Jack Flash®
    Marley's Collie®

INDICA
    Mr. Nice G13 x Hash Plant®
    Hash Plant®
    Northern Lights®
    Black Domina®
    Shiva Skunk®

Which strains have the most Sativa in them?

INDOOR
    Northern Lights #5 x Haze®
    Jack Herer®
    Jack Flash®
    Mother's Finest®
    Silver Haze®

INDOOR/GREENHOUSE
    Fruity Juice®
    Marley's Collie®

OUTDOOR
    Jamaican Pearl®
    Durban®
    Mexican Sativa®

11. Linnaeus first categorised Cannabis as a monotypic genus in 1753, and indeed many states still legislate on the assumption that there is only one species, Cannabis sativa.

However, in 1783, Lamarck contrasted C. sativa with a separate distinct species, which he proposed be named C. indica.
    Since then up to a dozen different species of cannabis have been proposed, many by Russian botanists early in the 20th century.
    Nowadys botanical thinking is of the opinion that the cannabis genus contains three species, C. sativa, indica and ruderalis. The latter contains no THC however, and is of little interest to us.

12. thanx for all your info on indica vs. sativa, but i asked nothing of that. I wanted to knwo if anyone could direct me to a thread that could show me how to top them, thanx alot

o an dthese are of tow differant plants, in case of any confusion,

13. Yes, it has got a bit sidetracked, LOL, but many people other than the originator will read a thread.

I´ll leave that to someone else to answer, I don´t actually top mine.

14. yes, i would have topped it already actually!!

15. it is kinda raining out right now, it isn't the best day, although in the heat of summer, it should be about 90 today but it's only about 75-80 and raining, would it effect my plants if i topped now in these conditions or should i wait it out untill it all blows over, in a day or two,