Driving 100+ Miles Per Hour

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by pocket biscuits, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Driving 100mph in a Bentley is barely different from 60, you really have to be careful because you just don't notice it, fastest I've been was 175 on the Autobahn and it was still sitting comfortably

no doubt, she's a heavy girl.

170mph in an m3 is pretty intense. but i'm not really a fan of speeds over 130mph.

3. Agreed, even on the Autobahn it was sketchy, people drive like dicks. It would've gone faster but I backed off the throttle, didn't feel safe :s

4. Shit I usually hit 100+ on the way to work. Got 2013 bmw 3 series to 167 before we ran outta road

5. almost in the club. Hit 199 in a decked out mustang

6. Km/h hahahahahaha

7. So far my top is 147 on my '07 r6. I got up to that speed and started wobblin an pussed out haha I'm sure I could go faster though. But if you're just talking 100 mph I've hit it countless times on my bike and a few dozen times in cars. I was a really reckless driver when I was younger but I wised up a bit. In cars I try not to drive to stupid for the sake of everyone elses safety. 

8. I managed to recover tankslap at 60mph on my old 125cc Yamaha, that was scary. Looking into doing my test and getting something like an r6 in the future, have you ridden any Gixxers or CBR's or anything to compare it to?

9. #1169 sukkerlyn, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
    My record is 168 mph, or 270kmh, in my farthers  Audi A8 V8 Quattro (310hp).
    Damn that was fast.. 

10. Yessir I've rode both. To be entirely honest I prefer the CBR 600's and liters to an of the other super bikes. My uncle had a gixxer I rode a few times I didn't like it much. They're fast af and have great handling don't get me wrong but I just personally don't like them.

11. I`ve gotten up to 220 km/h. roughly 140 mph in a 14(soon 15) year old Trans am. 

12. I have driven over 100mph before but it is scary because if you get a blowout at that speed your life is fucked.

13. I've only ever driven that fast out on the highway, on the way to Sydney from Canberra. I have this one friend though who has gone much faster. He rides a Yamaha R1 and has film equipment that lets him record his rides with electronic recording of his bikes speed. This means he can film videos of himself riding, with the bikes speed appearing as a number at the bottom of the screen. He showed me this one video where he reached a speed of 285km/h (177 miles/h). I try to tell him not to do this because it's pretty damn dangerous, but he enjoys it too much, so he continues to speed and do wheelies and what not.

14. You aint cool unless you go 100+mph....especially while smokin a blunt.....jus facts

I try to avoid it now tho lol....ive had my fun!

15. 110 in my F350 Turbo Diesel. 120 in a turbo bug lol thats a fun little car!

16. 105 on christmas. Cut some donuts and took off down the highway.

17. I drive a Mazda2 and took it to about 102. I would consider that its top speed. Haha!

18. 250 km/h in an '01 M3, thats where I hit the electronic cap. If I wanted to shell out the cash for a chip, apparently they can get up to 280, but 250 was plenty fast for me.

19. #1179 Unknown Dank, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2015
    i used to fly down (by fly i mean anywhere from 60-100mph) certain backroads in West Virginia mountains in my 3.5L v6 dodge charger 08'. pretty fun car :)

20. 105 in my Ford Focus SEL. this was about 6 months ago, hopefully I can top that speed in my new 13 Mustang when the snow clears >:)

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum