Driving 100+ Miles Per Hour

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by pocket biscuits, Jan 30, 2012.

1. #1141 Raizor, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014
    I'm not doggin the car model at all. This guy was just driving a shit box mid 90's accord V6 that burns oil like a candle does wax. I'm sure you could put maybe 3-4 cars on me with a newer one, but most definitely not 6. I'm sure we wouldn't go to fast in a 35 zone lol. But on the highway you could put well more than 6 on my car. Also, I meant 1 carlength & 1/2.

The 4 bangers can't compete though. Raced an 09 2.4 Accord one time from a stop, I put him at my door and he stayed right there. Didn't pull on me, didn't fall behind. It just stayed right there.   ... Nice interior though. Not a bad looking car either.

As per the thread.

Did 105 dickin around on the highway, on the way home from work again. Passed this diesel ford because I was creepin up on him, but apparently he didn't like that. Got to the next passing zone and he passed me. So I let him ride ahead a little farther, and maintained my speed. Slowly creeped up on him and punched it. Passed him, and then I happened to stay in it til I was over 100. Bitch stayed back there.

• Like Like x 2
  2. 100 is not that fast, I hit it without paying attention sometimes like "fuck, get under that reckless driving mark"

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. #1143 honda07, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014
    Lol much better...I come from old pro street trucks( see my previous posts). But I got this accord when I wrecked my wrangler and wanted a decent mpg car..well saw the V6 coupe n figured I could sacrifice a few mpg for that..turned into a fun little car and I haven't looked back since. The only "real" performance mod I've done is the hondata pro tune which damn that added some hard pulls and allowed me to stomp on cars that I otherwise would lose too..and all it really is is playing with the ECU..I beat a 10' Audi S4 from a dead stop to 130 before I let off..only other "performance" mods I've done besides that is a dual exhaust with the catlytic converter taken out for a test pipe, and a intake..but I don't feel those are true performance compared to noise makers....OO wait I forgot to mention the forged pistons, rsx throttle body. And uhmm my turbo 😜...ya I got carried away with this stupid car. Lol

4. I've maxed out both my talon and eclipse like every day. The talon didn't have a governor and pulled till it ran out of gears. The eclipse would stop pulling at 130. There's a wire you cut in the ecu that disables the governor. Any 1g and any turbo 2g
    Can be modded that way.

5. What turbo, fuel system, and grade gas do you run? Sounds fast.

6. Did 100+ yesterday in my tuned and modded ls1, Had a freeway to myself and nice cool air temp so thought I'd open her up.

Couple weeks ago I had a good run with a r33 skyline rb25det, Stayed with me till about 80 then he backed off. I find it hard to get some good runs when I only drive the car to work 2 times a month.

• Like Like x 1
  7. 125 in my mum's Citroen ds4. Which was ridiculous. Very clear motorway at night downhill

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. I done 120MPH on a highway racing my mates dad in his Civic, beat it too hehehe

Sent from my HTC One X using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. #1149 otroo, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2014
    I have ran almost all of my cars up to there shut off point

1979 280zx I got got a ticket in it it doing 155 in a 65.
    2003 GT MUSTANG 128
    2003 AMG ML55 160
    2003 Yukon Denali 110
    2007 Ford Explorer 120
    1976 Mustang 125
    2012 Kia Soul 110
    There are others but I don't remember.

Oh I did the Richard Petty driving school in Vegas and they said I did 158

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right! I almost hit 100 in my old grand wagoneer.  I was doing about 95 passing 5 or more cars on an 80mph road.  
    Did 105 my first time in a rental car in bay area traffic.

Rep to those that have done 140+

11. Lol, 100 MPH is where the fun is just beginning. Get to 200 then talk.

12. Nah cause if we talked about that, this would be a pretty slow thread.

13. @[member="Raizor"]

My point was, 100 mph is kind of a joke. That is not fast. That is only 20 miles over the speed limit around where I stay. I honestly hit 100 at least once a day. Not fast.

Fast is when you need at least 1/4 mile to slow down enough to get back down to the speed limit. Fast is when your knuckles turn white from squeezing the steering wheel as you climb higher and higher in speed. Fast is when you slow down and your right foot is still shaking because of adrenaline. Fast is when you start worrying about running over a pebble and losing control. 

Just my opinion.

14. I got up too somewhere around 110 in my old 01 vw jetta. Fun car.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. Hit 100 in my mum's Holden Zafira wagon. Shit was shaking pretty hard, i reckon 120ish would be its max speed.

• Like Like x 1
  16. No way, how did that go down? 😂

17. I got a felony attempt to elude they suspended my license for a year and I did 30 in lock up plus about a grand in fines much better though if I would have just stopped and they searched cause I would have gotten at least 20 to 30 for what I had on me. I later on got the felony off my record but that also cost me a couple of grand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  18. 100 isn't too crazy depending where you are and what kind of car your in. In my Maxima I'll be at 100 on the highway and sometimes won't even recognize it. But then again it's all relative, even 180-200 isn't too crazy for some people and their super cars lol.

(and if you didn't understand what I just said, it basically means that I am scared of speed bumps)

19. I drive an Audi S4, arguably the best S4 ever, the B5.  Its a twin turbo V6, and mine is stage 2.  I love it.

Fastest Ive driven this car is 145ish.  Its got more in it without question, but you know..

20. 146 in my 2014 Challenger SRT swag af