Driving 100+ Miles Per Hour

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by pocket biscuits, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Cops watch this guy...

2. I got a ticket for 102 in a 55 . In a minivan .
    Go me❗️

Sent from your mom's phone.

3. Dusted a 2008ish zo6 vette yesterday on my gsxr 600, me and a friend were rollin behind him on the bikes; we got out on the highway I rolled upside him in second gear goin 30ish; dropped it down to first and hammered down shifted second at 15.5k rpms, nailed the shifts, the vette was roaring but it was behind so fast. Not even a competition. Friend riding behind said the vette blurped out black smoke when he floored. I let off at about 140 and let the vette run ahead

600 cc bike so stronk.

4. What did you have in that? Fastest I ever got my Integra was I think.....115-120 tops

5. #1085 Grandpa kush, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2014
    Double posted from outer space . Or Gary busey

6. 152 in my corvette Grand Sport while making a run from Phoenix to Vegas with a bunch of fellow corvette owners. Our trip that mapquest suggest takes over four hours was done in under 3. I would have kept my foot in it but my wife was like that's fast enough!

7. Did it in a '10 VW Jetta GTI stick shift. Was drunk and did 115 on a dirt road in the desert.

I made a 4.2 hour trip in 2.1 2 months or so ago. Was a damn good time.

9. #1089 squidrick420, Apr 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2014
    I am one of those people who gets in the left lane (the PASSING lane, not the fast lane fyi) and goes just 5 miles over the speed limit to really piss off the speeders. I am not going slow, it is over the speed limit so I feel no shame doing this. I love seeing the speeders pissed off face when I make them do the damn speed limit for once in their life.

Sorry if this is harsh people but where I live there are too many fatal accidents caused by people who think mountain driving is the same as their flatland driving. I feel like it is my duty to slow people down some and point to every speed limit sign that gets passed. Sometimes I set them up when I know a speed trap is coming, they take off like a bat out of hell when I finally move over and bam they get pulled over and I laugh.

Edit: By speeders I am referring to people going 15 mph or more over the speed limit. If your doing 70 (10 miles over the highway limit) than I won't bother you. But 75 and up, yeah....

10. So you're that guy huh.....

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. I believe in the yin and the yang, for every speeder there must be somebody to stop them :smoking:
    If neither exists than there will be no harmonious balance in the world.
    But yeah... I am totally that guy

12. Pissing people off because they don't drive like you want them to is really bad karma.
    If the police do not pull you over for impeding traffic the road raged idots will more than likely shoot you.

13. I am still going above the speed limit when I do so, therefore I am not legally impeding traffic. :bongin:
    The police here encourage people to do what they can to stop people from speeding honestly. It is a problem because out of state people get up in the mountains and drive like they are still in their flat land roads where they don't have to worry about sudden turns and that kind of stuff; the speed limit doesn't get above 60 here but that doesn't do anything but piss the speeders off.There are lots of accidents during tourist season from speeders and quite a few have been fatal so I feel obligated to do what I do. I do get a kick out of it though, I won't deny that lol.
    And let them shoot at me if they so desire, I shoot back

14. Being a honor student from the maracopa county school of driving  :p  I can tell you the police around here say even if you're going over the limit if there is a long line waiting to get around you and you don't pull over you get a $400 ticket.

15. Wow that is like the opposite of here in the Great Smokey Mountains haha. The locals are all kinda snobby about the speed limit and the police have made it very clear that speeders won't be tolerated and they are setting up speed traps everywhere and encouraging people to pitch in and slow people down. The targets are always out of state drivers though, everywhere else surrounding us has high speed limits and flat straight roads and somehow people don't get the memo that the longest stretches of straight road here around 100 meters and rarely more. There is almost always some kind of elevation change deal going on. Florida and South Carolina drivers in particular have no clue how to handle it and they speed until they crash or almost crash. They floor it on the straightaways and go around 80-85 but as soon as a corner comes up they slam on the brakes and go 5-10 under the speed limit. This causes us locals problems because we generally go at a constant speed regardless of turns or elevation change. Lots of Floridians meet their ends on these roads lol.

16. #1096 Raizor, Apr 28, 2014
    Sounds like you just have a case of idiot drivers in the region man. 80-85 is cool... on the interstate... 

I used to live in areas with really twisty curvy and sometimes down right retardedly designed roads. I know what kind of drivers you're talking about. At the beginning of your debate with the speeders, you seems like .... Yeah "that guy" that everybody hates. But now you just seem like you hate idiot drivers, and I'm behind that. 

However you have idiot fast drivers, and I have idiot slow drivers. You talk about doin 5-10 under the limit on a 2 lane highway.... Wtf. So when I do find my nice & close, little slip in through traffic, I throw my sports car in gear and fuckin go. A weave here, and a weave there, and I'm in front of everybody now. No one around me, so I settle in between 5-10 over and cruise. But I live in AZ, I can do that without too much risk to other's lives and my own. Straight roads pretty much 90% of the time.

But for the Thread's topic....

On the way home from work tonight, came up to a 4 way stop sign with a nice little stretch of road on the backside of town. You all know those roads. And I've been drivin my mom's Tiburon GT V6 to work cause the Z needs work. 

Had probably... Half mile road, MAYBE just a little longer. Rolled through the stop sign in first, got through the intersection and hammered down.  Both hands on the wheel fightin the insane torque steer that car has, slammin through gears and ran it all the way to the top of 4th at 120, and started slowin down. 3-way stop sign was comin up, and I was comin at it, at such a rate I was downshiftin while haaard on the brakes.

Don't care what anyone says. That little short-throw 5spd Hyundai gets down.

17. #1097 Tomason, Apr 28, 2014

yeah, we know those roads 

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=046_1398525797

:laughing:

18. 132 in my 2004 V6 accord coupe BUT my scariest was after I broke in my engine in my lowered 84 Chevy c-10 truck that I put a 383 stroker in with 4:10 gears. It was fun though doing 125 in a 25+ year old 3/4ton truck

3/4 tons? Thats 750kg or 1600 pounds... isn't that too little?

That's how much it hauls :laughing: