Driving 100+ Miles Per Hour

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by pocket biscuits, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Your name is Storm? :confused:

2. yep hit 120 in hyundai tuscon

3. no hahaha that's my middle name.

4. Meh, I hate driving fast >.>'. But I've hit 100 a couple times. Mostly just did it to say I did and shit haha, I never actually do it for an extended period of time to get somewhere or something

5. i didn't pick out any of those. i wasn't given an option of what car i wanted when i turned 16, i was just told to use the crappy Sable. Then the next car I had I totaled, then my dad gave me the Pt Cruiser, which was pretty fun cause it was turbocharged. then when that car blew up, my dad bought me the accord. i have not had a choice in the cars i have driven.

6. Ive had several motorcycles all which were capable of 160mph+. It was an exhilerating feeling crusing at 120+ most of the ride down 95 into philly, it was a fast trip.

7. Have I done it?: Yes
    Is it stupid as fuck and totally not worth the risk to your life and the lives of others: YES

8. 166mph in my old 1997 Prelude while racing a crotch rocket.

9. 166mph in a prelude? More info about the car, please.

10. 160+ km/h? Let me start my list...

With others driving:
    - 6 or 7 years old, dad's 1998 F-250. I think it topped out around 165 or 170.
    - Friend's '94 Legacy quite a few times (highest speed we managed in that car was 200)
    - Dad driving a rented 2010 Mustang GT. Tops out around 250 km/h, and that's what he took it up to.

With me driving:
    - 2010 Mustang GT, took it up to 185 passing someone (didn't even have a license then).
    - 2006 Charger SXT many times, I think I made it to around 210 once before I became worried that the car would become airborn on an upcoming (fairly steep) hill.

And, to clear up any possible questions, this was all on public roads.

I love speed :D

11. Did 100 in my dads BMW while I was taking it into the shop to fix the extreme pull to the side. Wasn't intelligent

12. I agree +1

13. I pulled 137 in a Saab 900 se and 126 in my old 89 crx. I cAnt get enough of speed it's an amazing feeling. Plus th adrenaline it's great. I usually hit 100+ just driving in the fast lane on I25 south of Denver. People love to drive fast in Colorado lol. Doesn't help that its so easy to just be driving with traffic and look down to see 104 on the speedo.. Thank god I've never gotten a huge speeding ticket.

Oh and when I was 17 I took my 99 tracer down the highway at 118 mph for about 14 miles... Pedal to the metal the whole way. Was racing my friends stupid Saturn, it was fun as hell tho and I have it all on tape.

14. #54 SteveSoStoked, Feb 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2012
    168 in my 01 mustang. Go over 100 about 4-5 times a week on average I'd say, if not more

15. Ive hit 185 in my parents 2011 mazda 3

16. [quote name='"Supervegito666"']Ive hit 185 in my parents 2011 mazda 3[/quote]
    Lol? The speed governor on Mazda 3's is limited to right around 120. Even with it removed, it wouldn't do more then 140. Coupled with the speed rating on the tires, all 4 tires would have blowouts if it got anywhere close to 185. We're not stupid...

17. 185 km not mph

18. Oops, forgot to specify. 185 km not mph lol

19. It's been nice knowing you, best of luck.

20. lol yalls mustangs are gonna fall apart going over 100