Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

BadKittySmiles Oil

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Stac, Jan 29, 2012.

1. I'm making it now and it calls for grapeseed, clairified butter and coconut oil but I only have olive oil? Will it be okay? :confused:

2. #2 BadKittySmiles, Jan 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2012

If you can find at least some butter, and if you can heat it first until the water content evaporates (while that's happening, scrape off the milk solids as they form), you'd be much better off :) Then, just follow the directions as described. :D

Olive and similar oils are fairly good for topical use, and should be used edibley only if you have liver ailments, and wish to bypass and avoid your liver during absorption and delivery to the blood stream. But if you are among the majority of patients or people who have a basically-normally functioning liver, a number of cannabinoids that pass through the liver are actually potentiated further, converting from D9THC to the more powerful 11-OH-THC!
    When you use long-chain triglyceride containing oil sources, like most kitchen cooking oils, and most animal fats, you miss out on much of that liver conversion because the absorption is primarily lymphatic, and you bypass the liver almost entirely, which means primarily the weaker D9THC is delivered to the bloodstream. This provides a slightly weaker, and shorter-lived experience. Coconut oil, Palm kernel oil, and clarified butter (to a lesser extent) on the other hand, are comprised of short and medium-chain triglycerides which facilitate both portal vein and liver absorption, and ultimately, the increased potency of your meds, by delivering more 11-OH-THC to your system. A medium-chain containing oil allows a dose, from the same amount of material, to become stronger and longer-lasting. :smoke:

• Like Like x 4
  3. ^ damn, you deserve some kind of phd or something in edibles

4. I agree, Wasabi! Kitty should do a "cook book" at GC- each beautiful, delicious chapter a sticky!

Granny

• Like Like x 2
  5. Itd be like a edibles version of the cooking with julia childs cookbook (dont know if i spelt her name right)

6. I agree with you guys...
    I haven't been around GC very long at all, but already I have an enormous amount of admiration and respect for Kitty.

I wish I could be like Neo or something and tap into the matrix that is her knowledge of edibles! :cool:

7. [quote name='"Storm Crow"']I agree, Wasabi! Kitty should do a "cook book" at GC- each beautiful, delicious chapter a sticky!

Granny[/quote]

if kitty sells one I'm buying

• Like Like x 1
  8. I'm on board too !!! All you have to do is read and you can tell she makes sense. I've finally got the process pretty close to how I like thanks to those great stickies. The capsules are the best!!!!! Just like growing processing mj is one of those live and learn things for me so having someone to hold your hand and tell you where to go is the best!! I've gotten better info from BK than any dispensary and my edibles are better than I can buy!!! thx!!

9. Dang. Okay, so I'll get some coconut oil from Walmart and hopefully, they have Lecithin too, while I'm at it. Thanks, for the advice :) Still working on your iced coffee recipe :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. [quote name='"Stac"']

Dang. Okay, so I'll get some coconut oil from Walmart and hopefully, they have Lecithin too, while I'm at it. Thanks, for the advice :) Still working on your iced coffee recipe :)[/quote]

Hey does Walmart have Coconut oil and Lecithin?

And I also agree with everybody else. I have learned far more about processing and I baking with cannabis than anybody I know in person just from reading Bad Kitty's posts. I would buy a cookbook for sure!

11. Wal mart has the coconut oil but I have yet to find lecithin there

12. the powdered form is usually only found online, or its easier to find... I found granular at my local health food store, but it was large, large chunks of licithin... no bueno

13. [quote name='"Tihspeed"']

the powdered form is usually only found online, or its easier to find... I found granular at my local health food store, but it was large, large chunks of licithin... no bueno[/quote]

OK so I screwed up and got the wrong kind of lecithin. I got the granules and not the powder. And I didn't know I had the wrong kind when I actually put it in my almost finished batch of capsule concentrate! What do I do? Is it the same substance? Will the large grains break down and dissolve during my last two stages of heating? If not, will I have to add more lecithin(powdered)?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yeah...what's up with lecithin?; I only found gel lecithin caps which i just cut and squeeze a couple out..?

15. Again, is it the same exact material? Can I grind up the larger grains in a coffee grinder and have it work the same?

16. If she makes a cookbook, I'd definitely buy it. I wish there were cannabis cook books to grab and have handy in the kitchen instead of having to google and go through so many different, some very odd and incomplete, recipes. The ones on GC are cool, but having them all organized and put into cookbooks.
    Why not have a section for recipes? Just like, section that off and index it? That would be so cool. GC could have a site-wide cannabis recipe call for submission and people can submit their tried and true, complete, recipes in, and bam they get put into the index?!

17. A section on recipes is a Great idea!!

18. So can anybody help me with my lecithin problem? Did I screw up my edible concentrate?

19. It's the same stuff it's just chunky...crush it up or live with the chunks

20. [quote name='"Tihspeed"']It's the same stuff it's just chunky...crush it up or live with the chunks[/quote]

OK. Cool. But it definately does not look the same as what Badkittysmiles is using in her pics. It also has a slightly different name. It is yellow and not white. It is called "Natural Soya Lecithin "95" Granules"

I made some of the seriously concentrated capsules with my lecithin being the only difference in the recipe. They were not as strong as I had thought. I made it without the additional 40min and sampled 2 full caps. I put the rest back in the freezer for 6hrs. I am going to give it another cycle and test again. I definitely got a high. Felt like all body high until I vaped a bowl in my vapor genie. Then I was fully cooked!

I was wondering if it was the lecithin granules that I put in rather than the powder. It did dissolve fully and also changed the color of the oil to a little bit more milky lighter brown.