first ever grow 35+year old seeds

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by countrystoner, Jan 29, 2012.

1. ok got my dirt mixed up got about a truck load of chicken shit, 2 truck loads of cow/horse shit, half a truck load of sand, 6 truck loads of homemade compost, 6 hand size sunperch that i cought last weekend,25 pound bag of lime,and am going to layer the bottom with a thin layer of creek gravel.

2. Isn't it a bit cold in Missouri to be prepping an outdoor grow in February?

I love what you've got planned. I'd like to see some pics of what you've got going so far, man.

3. Was there any reason for that or is it a declaration of your post content? :smoke:

4. His story does seem fishy. First of all seeds that aren't dried properly will die in a few years. Even if they are dried properly they usually only last maybe three to five years at best. If they were dried properly, under 10% moisture AND frozen, then they could live that long. His grandmother lived in Missouri where it is very humid, so the probability of seeds remaining viable for over 35 years, stored in a safe, are practically nil. Secondly he is preparing to transplant his plants outside and is preparing his site right now. So is he going to veg. for two and half more months until when it is safe to transplant outside in Missouri? Plus the couple of weeks he has already grown them, plus the week or more to harden them off outside. Three month veg. indoor. Anybody you know,especially a new grower, veg for three months indoor? I want this story to be true because I would love to see 35 year old seeds grown out but there are too many red flags for me to believe it. I would love to be wrong but I don't think I am.

5. Yeah, I'm skeptical too. I've read that scientists were able to germinate marijuana seeds that were twenty years old, but they were kept in absolute perfect conditions in a lab.

And the fact that there's no pics...an online grow journal is somewhat pointless without them. I was very excited at first to see this...

6. you guys think what you want i didnt think they would grow at all. i just tryed to germinate them and they started growing and no im not planning on transplanting them now i was just getting my dirt ready. i am wanting the hole to have grass growing in it so planes cant see a fresh dug hole full of fresh soil with plants growing out of it in the middle of a feild. and im working on pics still.

7. we have had a verry mild winter also so they are outside alot . i live on a farm .i have planty of buildings to keep them in and planty of room till spring.

8. so they popped n u have small green plants from 35+ year old genetics?

9. Its not just the fact its 35 year + old seeds and what not. Its the fact it is all such vague info and no pics no nothing. How hard is it to do that? Nil.

Im gona lawl when it turns out to be apple seeds or tomato seeds his senile gma kept with her sailor boy on boy erotica drawer. But im really doubting any pics ever come. This thread will fade off

10. #71 DEA, Feb 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2012
    So you assume brown buds are going to flower? ... It can grow to be some bomb ass bud from an original strain, especially with the technologies we have today. 35 years ago it was mostly mexican dirt your right, that doesnt mean if you grow it you will have mexican dirt lol. in mexico the bud is pretty fresh and nice its during the process of smuggling where it gets brown loses smell and taste like shit.

Good soil some good nutrients and some good lights you should have some fire

11. Iv germinated 12 year old seeds just kept in my dresser....And I veg a couple plants for about three months for a monster each year....guy is probably telling the truth, my buddy has also grown 15+ year old seeds kept in his garage.They don't need to be kept in some secret lab haha

12. I have 15 year old seeds right now, freezer kept, and 100% germination. Cannabis seeds can last 20 years in a sealed, lightproof container in a drawer. A good friend of mine found seeds while moving from a nice sativa strain we saved over 20 years ago . The night he put the seeds in the little glass bottle I was there, and when he showed them to me it was like a light going off in my head. There was no doubt aout the age of the seeds. He popped them last year, paper towel method, and half of them germinated. They were lazy to begin with, but after the 3rd set of leaves they picked up the pace and grew into fine plants.

It's not to say though, I still think OP is pulling our legs with this story.

13. well i think every things goin well its been nice out ! will be transplanting into the ground soon! sorry no pics still ....... one sativa!!!!! the rest indica. and you dont have to do much if anything special to grow old seeds just try it out. thats all i did.