first ever grow 35+year old seeds

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by countrystoner, Jan 29, 2012.

1. I'm pretty excited to see this grow man..I need to get my uncle Tommy to dig through all his old shit..that's awesome, that's the real deal weed..could be awesome but could be Mexican shwag..are you making a journal?

2. If you take the top and gently bend it and tie it over so that the top isn't the highest part of the plant, all the other lower branches will get huge..my journal has start to finish what happens when you do it if you wanna swing through..i want people's opinions anyway ...

3. You gotta see what you got before you make that call. If the shit is really that old than 90% chance it's a sativa. Most imports back then came from the other side of the pacific. Which is surely going to be sativa. Most mexican imports also mostly sativa back then. If that's the case with your seed than you may want to train or top.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but this is going outdoors? You give a sativa what it needs, you'll have freak'n monkeys swinging in your jungle. Only your grow season matters on finishing a sativa. Many pure sativas don't finish till november. I can't do that here, shit needs to be ready end sept, mid oct.

4. pollen can travel far bro...
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC2AgeEUfAM]The Male Plant: A Closeup Look with Jorge Cervantes - YouTube[/ame]

5. its going to be outside they are growing fast about 6"tall by about 8" wide now. been taking them out side about once a day"depending on the weather" and they seem to like that alot! my plants have never ever been waterd i just mist the dirt with a spray bottle. once they get planted in the ground i will start waztering them. i want them to have to depend on the nutes from the soil and not so much on the water..... i rotate the plants every day have decided to do a horizontal grow. 3 of the 4 plants have wide leaves and one has long skinny leaves and a dark dark green on the tips of the leaves. im trying to work on getting some pics! i sure hope they are sativa!

6. no no journal on this grow just taking notes in a notebook. this is my first grow. i smoked before i went in the military. and got hurt in iraq so no i smoke to take the edge off of chronic pain in my back. my next grow will i will have a journal and go more in depth. i have all the space i could ever need to grow. i will keep every one updated...... also i have 2 more that decided to pop out of the dirt but one isnt going to make it its only got 2 leaves left. and its deformed lol might just throw it out in my yard this spring and see if it decides to take off.

7. I don't think you understand what a big deal it is that you supposedly have a plant untouched by modern breeding.

I'd really like to see some pics..

8. again i thank you all for your help/input. im always eager to learn . and thank you grasscity for having this bad ass forum!! my day consists of wandering around my farm and taking care of plants :) on my down time i really enjoy getting on here and reading. i have learned so much from this site. i say legalize and leave us alone! a little weed aint hurtin no body. and i wanna give a shout out to sg1 thanks for all the help. on a good note i have decided where im planting my babys! and they are going to be right out in the middle of a feild behind a pond bank!!! there are a few ceders growing there and the back of the pond bank is open to the south and the east!!!! if any one thinks this is a bad spot let me know. again ty.

9. #49 countrystoner, Feb 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2012
    well i do understand thats why i grew them to begin with . i have other seed i coulda used but these where from my grandma who just passed away so its kinda all i have left of her sence these little seeds where all i got. so i have 2 good reasons for growing them. and im super poor like almost homeless. so i cant afford some of the things most people can. i live in the back woods of missouri. so my internet sucks and i have no way of taking photos. sorry if you think i should share more but these are the only resources i have available. sorry to dissapoint you but im doin the best i can with what i have. the only pic i have of the plants is my profile pic.

10. how'd you get that pic up?? :confused: they look pretty darn healthy man!

any chance you'd borrow a cam. from a friend every week or two and document with some..uhhhh...pics? :ey::D

11. #51 countrystoner, Feb 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2012
    im goin to do that as much as i can...... gotta figure it out. they are growing fast. every day they grow about 1/2 an inch at least. the last pic was takin with an old phone but it was tiny so i used it as a profile pic.

12. Can you tell if it looks Indica or Sativa yet?

13. :wave: you da man! :smoke:

14. i have never had any plant grow this fast. the magnets work those plants are about an inch and a half taller than the ones w/o magnets i used a subwoofer magnet and just sat it beside my plants. im going to put them back in the same room and see if i can get the other plants 2 catch up. still looking for a tesla globe. i play the guitar for my plants every day about an hour after i play the leaves are all "perked up" so im guessing thats good.

15. honestly i have no clue! this is my first grow so im still learning. i will ask my step dad next time i see him .

16. #56 countrystoner, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2012
    ok got a problem one of my plants has a leaf that has a few light green stripes and it is starting to wilt!!!! what do i do about this? by leaf i mean 5 and thats like 1/4 my plant.

17. figured out my problem my mom took a look at them turns out they needed to be further away from my lights.

18. Fantastic! Subed this for sure! Good luck with your grow. I hope these oldies produce!

19. Remember man, lots of pics!

20. #60 countrystoner, Feb 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2012
    got my hole dug 4 foot deep by 6 feet wide and 30 foot long"used a tractor" i left the ceder trees. going to fill the hole with water and see if it holds it like the pond or lets it drain before i get good dirt put in it. there doesnt seem to be much if any clay but im just making sure.i am going to dump 4 dozen worms in the hole when i put the dirt in .