first ever grow 35+year old seeds

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by countrystoner, Jan 29, 2012.

1. tits or gtfo...pics?

2. i have no way of posting pics as of yet...... i really didnt expect them to take off. but they are growing fast..... my mother has to come check on them any time she has a chance. they are growing at a rate of 1/2 inch to an inch a day. 4 of the seed still have not germinated so i stuck them in some jiffy pods. hope they sprout but if not i got 4 that did. i live in a verry rural area so on nice days i take them out on my front porch and let them get some sunshine. im thinking about just planting them in my yard sence i know there are not any ferril plants around my house.

3. well i got the pics to load as my profile pic so maybe you can get a feel for what they look like.

4. #24 countrystoner, Jan 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2012
    and i did not use solo cups i used well washed butter tubs ...... figured more room for root growth.also missouri is well known for limestone ..... will this do any harm to my plants?

5. #25 countrystoner, Jan 31, 2012
    i did some research on "waking the seeds up" i actualy froze them than thawed them out before germinating them ....... this works!!! also they where kept in a safe which was kept in a cool dark area i think that really was the reason they where still good.

6. One day in the future there will be the ability to gene map our strains or at least identify certain families of weed. Would be cool to bring a seedling in, take a sample, and know roughly what you got. But, then again it would take the mystery out of the conversation, and the fun. SG1

7. yeah a gene map would be sweet ...... im sure there is no true way to tell what any plant is unless you buy/save some seeds from a known source or a bud. no matter what strand it is im smoking it . may just have too smoke more if its weak. if any one has ever grown purple haze what should i look for as far as trates to identify these plants.

8. Like everything else, how would you know if what it's suposed to be. I've gotten plenty of cut from folks suposing to be something. It was either some hermie seed cut or crap when finished. Purple haze from the 70's + 80's probably doesn't exist in it's original form. Even if you had the real thing, nobody would be alive to remember it. Peace Country.

9. #30 countrystoner, Jan 31, 2012
  10. Man that's alot of science. I think I'll let someone with a bit more sense of adventure than me to experiment. Electicity and watering. Shit I can see the headlines now. Old crackey basterd fries self with experimental electrical dope growing device. Full story next to the obituaries. LOL dude. I know enough to get me by, but I'm sure some young adventurer will try it. I'll sub his thread for sure, maybe you? Peace Bro

11. Haha, dude, need some pics man :p

12. 1977 Marijuana, I'm subbed

13. #34 countrystoner, Feb 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2012
    im going to try just placing one of those novelty tesla globes in the corner of my grow room. worth a shot and a few low strenth refridgerator magnets on the soil around the plants. thinking about planting near power lines maybe i will get some 20+ footers!

14. Sounds safe Country, but your experiment needs another room to seperate the effects and with same strains, same pots, dirt, etc. My question with the studies are why isn't anyone using the technics. Or selling working models. Most studies done 50-75 yrs ago. Makes you wonder! Something that increases plant production thats not on the market seems wrong. Just a thought. Talk to you soon

15. Hmm, I was stationed in Blytheville Ar 76-78. Used to smoke with a few local ladies (Mo was 2-3 miles out the gate. Before I left for Korea i gave one of my female friends a few seeds. One was spotted with three shades of dark spots. That was the one and only Thia stick seed I ever had.

Hope you have it or one of it's cousins. Have a bountiful harvest. :smoke:

16. #37 countrystoner, Feb 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2012
    i dunno why its not used .... i was thinking about seperating 2 of my 4 plants . i will keep every one updated. they had a jacobs ladder in cheech and chongs nice dreams in the pool green house...... i have heard from oldschool growers that plants under power lines grew to be huge with amazing yeilds. i guess people just dont do it becouse of the fear of being shocked. but that would be a good reason to unplug the damn thing before watering lol. not the power line the tesla globe .

17. My luck, plants won't do anything different. Instead I grow a nappy afro on my nut sack. Fuck the ole lady ain't gonna like A set of hairy, saggin, scrotums any where near her. What am I saying? She already doesn't. Don't get old fellas, it sucks. Thank god for a great hobbie. When nothing else seems to matter, my plants still love me. I gotta go, think I'm gonna cry(sniff).

18. haha your a funny dude.... this is my new hobby and its awsome . i have always had a green thumb as far as indoor/outdoor plants. this is just a new one. was verry good at science and as a kid i grew some pretty strange flowers" mostly cactus's" which in missouri take alot of TLC. but they seem to like the same conditions as a pot plant. well as far as over watering and conditions for flowering etc.

19. ok do i have to top my plants? or can i just let them grow however they want to grow? becouse i dunno if i could handle cutting the top off of such a beautiful plant lol.