Best Handheld Vaporizer?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Stealf, Jan 25, 2012.

1. The Solo is one of the most expensive portable vaps, but you just have to use one to realise it's worth it. I have an original iOlite and a Solo and the Solo is by far a better vap. If you tried one, you'd never use your iOlite again...

-Loki

2. Hmm Im talking about comparing 100$ and 200$ vap .. solo doenst worth 100$ lol but I already know that solo is better than iolite im talking about these mflb that are about 100$. yes they are really small and discreet but you wont get the same effect as a 200$ vap thats all I had to say :wave:

3. [quote name='"hd2000"']

That isn't the only annoying thing about it and it is far from the best choice in portables. It's simply the smallest, not the best.[/quote]

Precisely.

[quote name='"CentiZen"']Well if you want to turn this into a contest, at least say things that make sense. Storz and bickel use a digital temperature regulator, even in the classic models, and oglesby&butler use an analog coil regulator in the iolite. Completely different.

I've used an iolite a few times and I just can't stand the change in taste. It constantly makes a hissing noise and worst of all the piezoelectric starter has a very short life. I'd rather use an mflb tbh, and with powerex 2700mah batteries it can produce vapor just as well. However, I also have a solo which is the king of portable units. It costs about the same price as an iolite but puts out vapor like a desktop unit.[/quote]

[quote name='"ApexTheGod"']Ive got a lot of vaps of 100-120$ and they were bunk compared to iolite so a 100$ vap is bunk compared to iolite thats for sure anyway I dont care what u say lol I know how to use the vap and I get high like no other vaps ive tried so far but a volcano digital... if its for the noise and the starter meh your not talking about the right things im talking about the high man I dont care about the noise (Listening to music all the time) and if the starter break ill buy another iolite its not a big problem but dont compare a 100$ vap to a 200$ vap because its really not the same thing :p[/quote]

Apex I have to agree with Centi's post...while I don't think the MFLB is the best portable, I'd buy it any day versus the Iolite. It's opinion -shrug- and I'm glad you like your Iolite, but I would never get a butane powered vaporizer. Doesn't seem quite as safe to me, nor as tasty, but more importantly - ignition systems go out. Even very nice one's go out far too often. The MFLB on the other hand will pretty easily last a lifetime, without one having to buy butane. And the MFLB does work well, just not as well as compared to some other portables. But the other, better portables I think of aren't the Iolite, but rather something like the Arizer Solo.

4. #44 ApexTheGod, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2012
    ahahah your a funny guy you dont inhale butane at all because its ignit for 25 sec you dont inhale you wait until the ignition is over so you dont get any taste of butane... So you dont know what your talking about anyway I didnt said mflb isnt good for the price but its not the same thing as iolite and as I told you I dont care if I have to buy 300000 vaps in my life lol its not a big deal but for the high you get I prefer iolite to mflb thats for sure but I would probably prefer a solo like you said thats what I understand but you get better vapor quality with iolite than with mflb lolll you cant say anything about this have a good night

ps: you can say what ever you want if mflb would be better than iolite then it would cost more loll funny guys even if the butane thing isnt safe I dont care it still buzz more than your mflb crap

5. #45 CentiZen, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2012
    Wow, I can tell your really just grasping at straws here to try to justify yourself to us. What do you think happens after it is "ignit for 25 seconds"? Butane is still present, even after the flame is out. Trust me when I say that Heo knows more about vapes than you do; if you are going to claim that an iolite gets you better quality vapor than a properly used MFLB then that is a perfect example of why. The butane is still there, and that is why those of us who are used to pure vapor hate it.

That being said, pack another bowl in your iolite, click it on and get high off it. If you like it, great! But we are going to interject when you make claims about it that are patently false. There are many people here with a very high working knowledge of almost every vaporizer available right now, and we do know what we are talking about.

6. [quote name='"ApexTheGod"']ahahah your a funny guy you dont inhale butane at all because its ignit for 25 sec you dont inhale you wait until the ignition is over so you dont get any taste of butane... So you dont know what your talking about anyway I didnt said mflb isnt good for the price but its not the same thing as iolite and as I told you I dont care if I have to buy 300000 vaps in my life lol its not a big deal but for the high you get I prefer iolite to mflb thats for sure but I would probably prefer a solo like you said thats what I understand but you get better vapor quality with iolite than with mflb lolll you cant say anything about this have a good night

ps: you can say what ever you want if mflb would be better than iolite then it would cost more loll funny guys even if the butane thing isnt safe I dont care it still buzz more than your mflb crap[/quote]

Whoa there man. Doesn't seem like your Iolite is working that well if you lose your temper like that. All I did was very clearly, and politely state my opinion, and also state the reasons why. Just because someone disagrees with you start acting like this?

I do know what I'm talking about, and never in my post did I say that you're inhaling butane, nor did I say that you inhale while you ignite. So stop spouting random assumptions.

You don't care if you have to buy 300,000 vapes? Well that's probably where you differ from the rest of the vaping community. Most people prefer to spend 100 for the MFLB rather than the large amount you'd have to pay for 300,000 vapes.

Sorry, but the MFLB, while I don't think it produces the best quality vapor of all portable vaporizers, it functions quite well, and is going to be more reliable than an Iolite, as well as not needing to buy more butane. This is my opinion, yours obviously differs. No big deal.

If the MFLB was better than the Iolite it would cost more? What kind of faulty logic is that? They work entirely differently, and I would never buy a vaporizer that relied on an ignition system. Ever.

7. vinhaler.com

8. I really don't think of e-cigs to be in the handheld category. Yes,they are held in your hand,but they are not really like a arizer solo or a mflb. They are e-cigs. That is the category. Not handheld. Idk that's just me

9. its a vaporizer thats held in your hand..
    ecigs are ecigs not thc cigs

10. Whatever blows your hair back :wave:

11. [quote name='"dealwithit"']
    its a vaporizer thats held in your hand..
    ecigs are ecigs not thc cigs[/quote]

True, but I've never seen a THC cig that worked well that ran on dried herbs. Most of the ones that work well are based on tincture, or oils.

Most people looking for the best portable vaporizer dont have access to medical grade tinctures.

12. Precisely!:yay:

13. you guys have a lot of good things to say about the arizer solo, im curious to try one now.

I have a mflb and my good buddy has a iolite. Ive used both and like both.

Im happy with my decision to buy a mflb because you can get fat clouds of vapor from it, very portable and extremely stealthy. Also whats not to like about a lifetime warranty?

14. [quote name='"Heosphoros"']

True, but I've never seen a THC cig that worked well that ran on dried herbs. Most of the ones that work well are based on tincture, or oils.

Most people looking for the best portable vaporizer dont have access to medical grade tinctures.[/quote]

And the ones that work "well" are pretty spotty at that, except for mabey the delta9labs products because they are actually designed for use with the high viscosity tinctures that you get from dispensiaries, whereas most others are expecting ejuice and burn out fast because its not.

15. [quote name='"CentiZen"']

And the ones that work "well" are pretty spotty at that, except for mabey the delta9labs products because they are actually designed for use with the high viscosity tinctures that you get from dispensiaries, whereas most others are expecting ejuice and burn out fast because its not.[/quote]

Yeah that's what I'd heard. I've never personally tried one, but what I've heard it's difficult to make or even get potent enough tinctures.

16. Yeah, takes a lot of green to make, and wastes alot of green if you do it wrong. Fear of messing it up is what keeps most from making their own.

I wish well made oil was more plentiful in this region, because all I ever have is ABV reclaim.

:cries:

17. i want to purchase the arizer solo tonight but i have a question i hear it had alot of drag i hate drag in my smoke/vapor does anyone recommend a good handheld vape that has less drag? if not i might just go with the arizer but i dont want to get it and not like the piece because the drag.

18. I just ordered new batteries for my mflb. Good thing about the mflb is that you control the temp by the amount of time you hold the battery in. You could even go past combustion if your not careful. I don't think the iolite gives you the the kind of control but I have seen some that do like the davinci vape.

19. The Solo is probably the best portable available for it's price and performance. It does have some drag to it with the stock stems, but planetvape started manufacturing high efficiency stems and gong stems to use with a water pipe. These stems increase the airflow about 30-40%. I would have linked the stems, but it seems planetvape is doing maintenance on their site.

20. it's not that bad - my solo came today and I love it if that helps :p

It's not as bad as trying to drink a mcdonalds milkshake, and this vape is amazing